Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Vida from Besiktas if we want to defend set pieces better, or a huge coup would be Felipe from Atletico.

Felipe is an absolute shithouse. Get him in! 

Would love one of the top players on a free though, someone like Perisic. Probably far too good for us but so was Cambiasso :dunno:.

Milner, Moutinho, Mertens, probably won’t happen but they have the sort of experience we need. There’s a few others available who could be a good fit and plenty more with contracts expiring in 2023.

Don’t laugh but i’d even take someone like Matic at this point lol. Been there, done that and won everything. Doesn’t have to start every game but just having more experienced pro’s around the place would really help.

Really fed up of all our soft players Ric, they are lacking a winners mentality.  

Edited by Shane
  • Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
43 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Anyone know how Axel Witsel’s form is these days? Seen he is out of contract at Dortmund in the summer and wouldn’t be a bad shout based on season’s past. 

Be a great signing. Hes violent and massive.

1 hour ago, Shane said:

Don’t laugh but i’d even take someone like Matic at this point lol. Been there, done that and won everything. Doesn’t have to start every game but just having more experienced pro’s around the place would really help.

Really fed up of all our soft players Ric, they are lacking a winners mentality.  

Matic’s experience and winning mentality isn’t really working out for Man Utd at present though is it?

57 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Anyone know how Axel Witsel’s form is these days? Seen he is out of contract at Dortmund in the summer and wouldn’t be a bad shout based on season’s past. 

Not a big fan considering what he did to Wasilewski.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

I was thinking he'd be perfect here bit what he did to Wasyl was horrid.

11 minutes ago, 21st Century Fox said:

While that's true, it was a pretty horrific "mistake" to a pretty popular former player.

https://youtu.be/_NuERX-5kc0

It an awful tackle irreverent to who its on 

But I've seen lot of comments about us needing hard, horrible b*st*rd, unfortunately they come with a little bit of baggage. 

A lot of City fans hero worship Steve Walsh who had an eleven match ban after smashing the jaw of striker David Geddis.

The colour shirt they are wearing at the time seems to affect how people judge these thing. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

It an awful tackle irreverent to who its on 

But I've seen lot of comments about us needing hard, horrible b*st*rd, unfortunately they come with a little bit of baggage. 

A lot of City fans hero worship Steve Walsh who had an eleven match ban after smashing the jaw of striker David Geddis.

The colour shirt they are wearing at the time seems to affect how people judge these thing. 

I'm fully on board for getting a bastard in but my point was more, that unlike the Steve Walsh scenario, David Geddis didn't go on to become a popular Leicester City player.

The thought of potentially cheering him on, knowing what he did to Wasyl doesn't sit right with me.

7 minutes ago, 21st Century Fox said:

I'm fully on board for getting a bastard in but my point was more, that unlike the Steve Walsh scenario, David Geddis didn't go on to become a popular Leicester City player.

The thought of potentially cheering him on, knowing what he did to Wasyl doesn't sit right with me.

So it ok to make someone eat through a straw for 3 months as long as your wearing a City shirt?

So if Wilf did a similar tackle as Witsel next season on someone next season you be ok to cheer him on? 

As I said to most people its down to the colour shirt you have on at the time. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

So it ok to make someone eat through a straw for 3 months as long as your wearing a City shirt?

So if Wilf did a similar tackle as Witsel next season on someone next season you be ok to cheer him on? 

As I said to most people its down to the colour shirt you have on at the time. 

No, my point is showing a bit of solidarity to our former players.

• Haha 1

I'm struggling to think of anybody we can afford coming in and making an instant impact. We are now not in a position to buy for the future , so apart from maybe one or two we have to make the current squad play better as a team. We have the individual ability but collectively we are often weak. For me , it might be bye, bye Kasper time and a new goalkeeper and if possible a near veteran midfield shoutyman who will bully our flakey midfield into playing to their proper abilities.

36 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I'm struggling to think of anybody we can afford coming in and making an instant impact. We are now not in a position to buy for the future , so apart from maybe one or two we have to make the current squad play better as a team. We have the individual ability but collectively we are often weak. For me , it might be bye, bye Kasper time and a new goalkeeper and if possible a near veteran midfield shoutyman who will bully our flakey midfield into playing to their proper abilities.

You keep going on about this, it's not that difficult. There are plenty of players with the profile of players who have been successful here off the bat and there's no reason we can't get some of those in again this summer. Don't beat yourself up, you'll have no hand in the recruitment process this summer pal, even I won't and I'd single handedly sort this club out in a day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You keep going on about this, it's not that difficult. There are plenty of players with the profile of players who have been successful here off the bat and there's no reason we can't get some of those in again this summer. Don't beat yourself up, you'll have no hand in the recruitment process this summer pal, even I won't and I'd single handedly sort this club out in a day.

There's the thing Ric, if Foxes Talk were in charge of recruitment , where would we end up? Probably Coutinho as captain.

Eriksen is such an obvious move for us, replaces Youri, bit of much needed experience in the middle, Danish connections. Free. 

Allows us to focus limited funds elsewhere, which IMO we should use to add physical players across the squad. Lack of physicality is the only real downside to signing Eriksen for me. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Eriksen is such an obvious move for us, replaces Youri, bit of much needed experience in the middle, Danish connections. Free. 

Allows us to focus limited funds elsewhere, which IMO we should use to add physical players across the squad. Lack of physicality is the only real downside to signing Eriksen for me. 

Ooo Danish friends..

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

Eriksen would pass sideways beautifully. 

• Haha 1

On 09/05/2022 at 06:13, Ric Flair said:

Vida from Besiktas if we want to defend set pieces better, or a huge coup would be Felipe from Atletico.

I swear whenever I watch Porto/Atletico he ****s up.