Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

I see Villa being linked with St Maximam at Newcastle. Throw in Leon Bailey, Bernard traore, Jacob Ramsey, Phillip Coutinho (likely signs), emiliano Buendia.. it's frightening to see how much creativity they would gave at their disposal compared to us!!

46 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

I see Villa being linked with St Maximam at Newcastle. Throw in Leon Bailey, Bernard traore, Jacob Ramsey, Phillip Coutinho (likely signs), emiliano Buendia.. it's frightening to see how much creativity they would gave at their disposal compared to us!!

Out of those names Jacob Ramsey is probably the only one I would take, granted the others a brilliant plyers just feel they have flattered to deceive this season. 

But who knows it could all click for them next season. 

52 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Lascelles could apparently be on his way out this summer, worth a punt as a squad option if the price was right and he'd be happy being 3rd or 4th choice?

He had a really bad game when they got thrashed 5 nil on Sunday by Man city.

While Newcastle are in the hunt for a up and coming CB from the European leagues we have to make do with another EPL cast off who probably just sit on the bench picking up 60k aweek when Brendan doesn't think he's good enough

5 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

He had a really bad game when they got thrashed 5 nil on Sunday by Man city.

While Newcastle are in the hunt for a up and coming CB from the European leagues we have to make do with another EPL cast off who probably just sit on the bench picking up 60k aweek when Brendan doesn't think he's good enough

If I had my way and if he was able to get a work permit we'd be getting Gonzalez who I posted about previously 😂

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

You mean the Argentinan footballer?

He's a Chilean centre half, mentioned in my post though it would be a take a punt signing (based on footage I've seen) and for the time being probably wouldn't get a permit.

• Like 1

La Liga focused players.

Lee Kang-In (Mallorca going down so could have a tempting release clause. Versatile forward)

Charles Alena (Tenacious, technical CM)

Javi Galan (Attacking LB with end product)

Brais Mendez (Linked previously, left-footed RW)

(Not so) realistic options:

Carlos Soler (Everything Tielemans should have been this season)

Giorgi Mamardashvili (Superb young GK, but getting game time at Valencia)

Matias Arezo (Just joined Grenada, could be another great Uruguayan forward)

• Like 1

Few Liverpool fans on social media calling for Curtis Jones to go out on loan next season. If they get Tchouamemi then he could potentially be available given that Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago, Keita and Elliott will also all be ahead of him in the pecking order, plus Milner and Oxlade Chamberlain still kicking about.

Might be a decent option for us for nothing more than a loan fee. Can't imagine he is on big wages either.

Edited by martyn

Just now, Blanchflower78 said:

Agree they've massively underperformed but I'd be happier going in to next season with them at my disposal than our options. 

Yes so would I, praying we somehow sort our shit out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wardyfox86 said:

La Liga focused players.

Lee Kang-In (Mallorca going down so could have a tempting release clause. Versatile forward)

If we could get Carlos Soler, I would love it. I really think he is the closest thing to a Tielemans other than the man himself. Valencia is a mess at the moment too so there's a chance it could happen - he's been linked to Newcastle already, and I think at least this summer we'll still be a better destination than them.

Javi Galan was my number 1 pick for a LB last summer when he was at Huesca, was hoping we'd go in for him and have agent Okazaki give him a nudge. Would still be great, but don't see him leaving Spain.

Edited by -sodapop
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

La Liga focused players.

Arezo would be pure FM

• Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

AXEL WITSEL.

VIOLENCE, HEIGHT AND A GREAT HAIRCUT.

exactly what we need.

On 06/05/2022 at 09:26, FoxesWalk said:

Calvin Bassey getting rave reviews at Rangers… we let him go there for free 

Rangers rate him as a 10m plus player now 🙄

While I read one Rangers fan think he's worth 80m due to his heroics against RB Leipzig..wow! I've never seen him play but reading that he's turning out to be a beast of a player that the RB Leipzig players couldn't handle

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

7 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

While I read one Rangers fan think he's worth 80m due to his heroics against RB Leipzig..wow! I've never seen him play but reading that he's turning out to be a beast of a player that the RB Leipzig players couldn't handle

I’ve seen many Rangers fans rating him as the most valuable player in their squad 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I mean, obviously not worth 80m but I'd certainly agree with £10m. 

Had a very solid season and has become a reliable pick at LB for the usually reliable Barisic, who's had a shocker of a season or CB where they have struggled with injuries. 

He's really came on in terms of leadership as well, last few games I watched he's barking orders and controlling the defense which was quite impressive from someone who's still young. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

AXEL WITSEL.

VIOLENCE, HEIGHT AND A GREAT HAIRCUT.

exactly what we need.

I've always found his lack of side burns with that hair very unnerving but agree on everything else. It's difficult to ignore his vicious challenge on Wasyl but we need a player like this IMO.

• Haha 1