Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

12 minutes ago, Shane said:

Cole Palmer? He’s the future of Man City of course but maybe he doesn’t want to sit around with no first team football. 

Mahrez, Foden and Alvarez can all play in his position.

Man City are just ridiculous in that area in their academy.

Palmer, McAtee, Kayky, Oscar Bobb. All left footed RW/ACM's

• Like 1

Only signed for Celtic in January but Matt O'Riley looks a player. He would add some much needed height to our team and would work well in a 433 playing on the right side of midfield with KDH on the left and Ndidi in the middle.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Only signed for Celtic in January but Matt O'Riley looks a player. He would add some much needed height to our team and would work well in a 433 playing on the right side of midfield with KDH on the left and Ndidi in the middle.

Sander Berge would be a better fit for us IMO if Sheffield Utd don't come up, but it's a decent shout.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sander Berge would be a better fit for us IMO if Sheffield Utd don't come up, but it's a decent shout.

Berge has had a great season tbf, struggled in the Prem before though and not sure he scores and assists enough to replace Tielemans contribution to the team. I know Berge has scored and assisted a few more this year but it's not the norm for him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Not exactly the same role as Tielemens but he’s amazing and probably a more well-rounded player.327D46AD-C694-4C28-9D55-58E00518372A.thumb.jpeg.5c9c6456562f0d7ae2bd545fd761d9e2.jpeg

No real reason for him to leave Atalanta tho, they’re better than us atm. He’s also left footed, would be nice to have a righty to balance KDH.

I've got a good friend out here in Thailand who is a die hard PSV fan.

Saw him tonight and the first thing he said to me was your ****ing team want my player, he seemed pretty angry about it.

He was talking about left footed right winger Ritsu Doan. 

Never heard of him, till tonight.

The kid looks class though.

Edited by Vindaloo FOX

6 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Saw him tonight and the first thing he said to me was your ****ing team want my player, he seemed pretty angry about it.

Came on as a sub at the KP a few weeks ago for the quarter final first leg, skillful and energetic but didn't really see enough of him to say more.

Their media team seem very keen on him however, I went through PSV's site and photos from the match and a proportionate amount were of Doan. A talented Asian player back in the team would go Doan well.

Edited by Jaspa
  • Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Came on as a sub at the KP a few weeks ago for the quarter final first leg, skillful and energetic but didn't really see enough of him to say more.

Their media team seem very keen on him however, I went through PSV's site and photos from the match and a proportionate amount were of Doan. A talented Asian player back in the team would go Doan well.

Just kept diving in that game.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

.....just looked at him on YouTube, he certainly has a good mentality and calmness on the ball!!!

He reminds me of Iborra, At times he seems to stroll around the pitch and he is deceptively quicker than you think he is. Brings the ball out of defence without panic and it is what you want to see to control a counter attack, as opposed to hoofing it anywhere to alleviate pressure on our defence.

He does look to play the switch ball, but there is so much height that the player receiving the pass is closed down as soon as he has it at his feet.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dusty said:

No real reason for him to leave Atalanta tho, they’re better than us atm. He’s also left footed, would be nice to have a righty to balance KDH.

Atalanta sell their top players all the time. It’s how they’ve maintained competitive and sustainable. It probably wouldn’t hurt to reel in Gasparini either ;)

I haven’t seen him heavily linked with anybody so this might be the right time to go offer him.

1 hour ago, matty98 said:

Berge has had a great season tbf, struggled in the Prem before though and not sure he scores and assists enough to replace Tielemans contribution to the team. I know Berge has scored and assisted a few more this year but it's not the norm for him.

I think Berge has goals and assists in him, he's equally adept at playing as a 6 or a box to box 8 and I think him RCM and KDH LCM in a diamond could be interesting. Very good energy levels. Funnily enough he replaced Ndidi t Genk but was far too good just to ply the DCM  midfield destroyer role.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

First i’ve heard about that, after a quick scan through twitter he was supposed to have an agreement with Mainz 05? I don’t know if that’s still true but something to keep an eye on..

55 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

PSV will be selling Madueke this summer before Roan. They've got another blistering left footed right winger in their academy/reserve (Jong) side who's had an unreal season under Van Nistelrooy (will be the 1st team manager next season). Bakayoko, he'll step up and replace Madueke.

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

PSV will be selling Madueke this summer before Roan. They've got another blistering left footed right winger in their academy/reserve (Jong) side who's had an unreal season under Van Nistelrooy (will be the 1st team manager next season). Bakayoko, he'll step up and replace Madueke.

.....how is it that they have at least two quality, left footed wingers and we are struggling after how many years to bring one in on a permanent basis!!!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Scotch said:

I mean, obviously not worth 80m but I'd certainly agree with £10m. 

Had a very solid season and has become a reliable pick at LB for the usually reliable Barisic, who's had a shocker of a season or CB where they have struggled with injuries. 

He's really came on in terms of leadership as well, last few games I watched he's barking orders and controlling the defense which was quite impressive from someone who's still young. 

How the hell did we let Calvin Bassey go for free, did we miss something when Brain Laudrup calls him one of best young defenders in Europe  and Rangers Coach thinks he a special talent

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

How the hell did we let Calvin Bassey go for free, did we miss something when Brain Laudrup calls him one of best young defenders in Europe  and Rangers Coach thinks he a special talent

It looks like it was his choice as he signed a pre-contract and must be partly because we still had Chilwell then and Thomas too.

• Like 3