Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That's an insane price, ticks all the boxes.

Really surprised we haven’t been linked with him. We’re usually all over this type of profile. Young, talented, a year left on his contract and relatively cheap. His stats are also insane.

Edited by Shane
  • Like 2

i’m very curious if people expect our quad to be better or worse next season? 

yes youri has been woeful but we need to do some cracking business to make up for losing him. He is our best player, whether he’s shown that this season or not. 

26 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

yes youri has been woeful but we need to do some cracking business to make up for losing him. He is our best player, whether he’s shown that this season or not. 

Youri is far better than recent form of course but his CV is way short of Vardy and Evans when you are talking best player. He may be our best midfielder although Maddison might differ on that.

Edited by An Sionnach

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Youri is far better than recent form of course but his CV is way short of Vardy and Evans when you are talking best player. He may be our best midfielder although Maddison might differ on that.

I guess my post was taking into account their age. Unfortunately im already looking past both of them as we plan ahead. But you are correct 

Edited by Lambert09

Don't know if someone has already mentioned him but SURELY we have to at least be looking at getting Raphinha in if Leeds go down.

Left footed right winger that scores goals. I think he would thrive in our team.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Devohn said:

Don't know if someone has already mentioned him but SURELY we have to at least be looking at getting Raphinha in if Leeds go down.

Left footed right winger that scores goals. I think he would thrive in our team.

....never really rated him, he looks the part, put there is just something missing in his game!!!

• Haha 1

We need a midfielder who is willing to pick the ball up from the back and turn and play forwards rather than what YOURI is doing now every ball he gets he passes straight back to the defence , because it is becoming a real problem even are fullbacks play back rather than go down the line , can’t win games going backwards all day long and against the good sides they will force a error and punish you 

9 hours ago, Bptiger said:

We need a midfielder who is willing to pick the ball up from the back and turn and play forwards rather than what YOURI is doing now every ball he gets he passes straight back to the defence , because it is becoming a real problem even are fullbacks play back rather than go down the line , can’t win games going backwards all day long and against the good sides they will force a error and punish you 

The reason for this is because our most technically proficient passers aside from Youri, are Madders, Evans, Mendy and Fofana. Only 1 of which plays ahead of him, and doesn't always play. He looks forward to see the likes of Lookman, Barnes, Daka, Nacho etc and he knows if he plays forward, 90% of the time he's gonna have some defending to do within 20 seconds.

He has been poor this season, you can't defend him there. But we play a certain way that none of our most forward players are totally comfortable with.

We are crying out for some forwards with better passing ability and solid movement (not ONLY in behind) allowing us to move the ball quicker in the final 3rd and hold possession higher up. We'd then see our deep playmaker being more willing to move the ball forward.

• Like 1

On 12/05/2022 at 16:29, Lambert09 said:

Better pr worse, I don't know but I think our team next year will be very different. I have a feeling (based on absolutely nothing) that this could be the year we cash in on our squad and start the build again. 

I think Youri, Cags, Nacho, maybe even Wilf and Ricky (if he can stay fit enough) along with the squad players that we can punt like Amartey, Mendy, Hamza, Vesty etc, could all go and a whole bunch of new young lads come in.

On 12/05/2022 at 01:03, Ric Flair said:

I think Berge has goals and assists in him, he's equally adept at playing as a 6 or a box to box 8 and I think him RCM and KDH LCM in a diamond could be interesting. Very good energy levels. Funnily enough he replaced Ndidi t Genk but was far too good just to ply the DCM  midfield destroyer role.

I really like the idea of a Dewsbury-Hall/Mendy/Berge midfield. 

• Like 1

On 09/05/2022 at 06:13, Ric Flair said:

Vida from Besiktas if we want to defend set pieces better, or a huge coup would be Felipe from Atletico.

After his antics v Man City????

Goodness me, get him in immediately!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Definitely an 8 (Youri replacement)

Soumare replacement or Madders cover for the other?

Maybe a DM? Assume one of Mendy/Choudhury will leave and maybe Ndidi might need time to recover. So a new DM could be an essential signing this summer. 

A DM who can fight to be first choice would be another great piece of succession planning for the potential departure of Ndidi in 2023 with 1 year left on his contract.

Edited by Shane

3 minutes ago, Shane said:

Maybe a DM? Assume one of Mendy/Choudhury will leave and maybe Ndidi might need time to recover. So a new DM could be an essential signing this summer. 

A DM who can fight to be first choice would be another great piece of succession planning for the potential departure of Ndidi in 2023 with 1 year left on his contract.

That would be my guess. A Tielemans replacement, and someone to replace Mendy/Hamza/Soumare. Wouldn't be shocked to see two of those players leave.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shane said:

Now would be an opportune time to get more of a ball playing DM who can also play as an 8 if needed

Could be cover for whoever replaces Youri, cover for Wilf, and also someone who can take over from him if he ends up leaving in the next couple of years as well

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Now would be an opportune time to get more of a ball playing DM who can also play as an 8 if needed

Could be cover for whoever replaces Youri, cover for Wilf, and also someone who can take over from him if he ends up leaving in the next couple of years as well

We are certainly lacking numbers in midfield once Tielemans and co leave in the summer. 

DM: Ndidi, Mendy

CM: KDH

CAM: Maddison

Question is, how much of our budget is being taken up by signing 2 midfielders? We’re at risk of signing some dross here, because our budget won’t allow us to bring in so many additions surely. We’re already spending 30m+ on De Ketelaere if the rumours are true. 

I would like to see one midfielder signed & 1 or 2 out of Soumare, Braybrooke, Alves, Wanya and Wright to be kept as depth. 

All depends what we want to do with Mendy, Choudhury & Soumare.

Two are out of contract in 2023, while they might have given up on Soumare already.

If we keep Mendy around, I don’t see the need for another defensive midfielder just yet, if we move him on, we might need three midfielders instead of two.

Hopefully we can get some midfielders through the door who can keep the ball better.

36 minutes ago, Shane said:

We are certainly lacking numbers in midfield once Tielemans and co leave in the summer. 

DM: Ndidi, Mendy

CM: KDH

CAM: Maddison

Question is, how much of our budget is being taken up by signing 2 midfielders? We’re at risk of signing some dross here, because our budget won’t allow us to bring in so many additions surely. We’re already spending 30m+ on De Ketelaere if the rumours are true. 

I would like to see one midfielder signed & 1 or 2 out of Soumare, Braybrooke, Alves, Wanya and Wright to be kept as depth. 

Perez has never really been given the chance to play as a CAM in the Maddison spot for obvious reason. If we're looking for two players to cover each position then I'd say we're covered at CAM.

Not easy to shift players, especially given the high wages they will be on, but would be happy to see something like the below:

Ins

Eriksen - Free transfer

Lucas Moura - get the sense Conte and Spurs would sell. 12 months left on contract - circa 10 million. Dynamic speedy winger that’s willing to go in behind.

Dan Axel Zagadou - Free transfer. Injury prone (cue the will fit in well here comments) but worth the risk as a monster when on the pitch.

CDK - 30 million - Don’t know much about him but stuck him in given the recent chat about it seeming being a done deal.

Sangare - £15-20 million. Super impressive in the conference league games

Lookman - £10million - good rotational piece 

Outs

Vestegaard - Whatever we can get

Bertrand - see above or release 

Amartey - £5million

Mendy £5million

Choudhury - £5-10 million

Tielemans - £25million

Perez - £10million

Soumare - loan

Praet - £7-10million

Total net spend circa 10million

Team for next season

Kasper

Wes

Evans

Zagadou

Riccy P

Ndidi

KDH

Eriksen

JJ

CDK

Vardy

Subs/rest of squad:

Ward

Castagne

Cags

Thomas

Sangare

Maddison

Moura

Lookman

Albrighton

Daka

Iheanacho

What a difference that looks to what we have now. Genuine depth with difference makers on the bench. I’ve gone for 3 at the back but so many formation options with a balanced squad.