Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Be nice if one of them was a free or a loan transfer to stretch as much of our budget elsewhere.

Kamara at Marseille or Simons from PSG would be very good business.

Kamara is an interesting one. Seems like a really talented player but not linked with any big clubs that I’ve seen. Think he’d be great for us but I imagine he’s holding out for a big offer which we’d likely not entertain.

• Like 1

If N'Golo Kante wanted to drive his Mini back to Leicester, I would not mind one little bit. One year left on his contract and while he's probably more similar to N'Didi than Tielemans there is a high possibility we'll be losing the latter and Mendy. If we can afford his wages, he'll still have several high-level seasons ahead of him. How much will he go for in the window with one year left?

Edited by Wizerud

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Be nice if one of them was a free or a loan transfer to stretch as much of our budget elsewhere.

What about Wright or someone from the academy instead of Simons Ric?

1 hour ago, eddylcfc said:

Lucas Moura - get the sense Conte and Spurs would sell. 12 months left on contract - circa 10 million. Dynamic speedy winger that’s willing to go in behind.

Dan Axel Zagadou - Free transfer. Injury prone (cue the will fit in well here comments) but worth the risk as a monster when on the pitch.

Got to be some of the worst shouts I've seen in a while, no offense.

Lucas Moura will be 30 by the time next season gets underway, he's massively fallen down the ranks at Spurs after the arrival of Kulusevski and done nothing to get back in the starting XI. He'll be off to Spain or Italy for a last decent contract before retirement, don't think we need to be the club to give that to him.

Not only is Zagadou injury prone, he's mistake prone on a whole other level. If you think some of Cags' or Amartey's stretches this season were dreadful you're in for a world of pain. 

24 minutes ago, Wizerud said:

If N'Golo Kante wanted to drive his Mini back to Leicester, I would not mind one little bit. One year left on his contract and while he's probably more similar to N'Didi than Tielemans there is a high possibility we'll be losing the latter and Mendy. If we can afford his wages, he'll still have several high-level seasons ahead of him. How much will he go for in the window with one year left?

Saw something that he’s Ten Hag’s top priority at Utd. Highly doubt he’d come back here 

24 minutes ago, Shane said:

What about Wright or someone from the academy instead of Simons Ric?

Wright isn't at the level we need yet I don't think, we're talking about replacing Youri Tielemans. I think Braybrooke will make it here in time but he needs a year on loan to develop, still not long turned 18. No other player we have in the academy can play CM to the level we need yet, Wanya Marca I'd class more as an ACM/RW rather than a 6/8 that Youri plays.

• Like 1

I’ve seen enough of Joao Pedro over the 3 games to think he’s worth investing in as one of our forwards! 

Too good for a season in the champ with Watford surely? 

• Like 2

I highly doubt this will happen, but imagine if we sell Ndidi

out

Ndidi

Tielemans

Caglar 

this should be 100-110

+ Praet/Peres/Hamza and hopefully someone from Bertran/Vesty/Amartey

140 in total

in

Sangare

De ketelare

Torino defender

100 for these 3 and we need RW + 1 CB and someone free CM

Edited by tsintskaro

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

think Villa are looking at him too tbf

• Like 1

Was watching some Porto highlights and Fabio Vieira seems to play that exact CF/Right sided AM mix that we're looking for, left footed, super high quality. Rumour he has a cheap-ish release clause too.

Edited by -sodapop
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

Was watching some Porto highlights and Fabio Vieira seems to play that exact CF/Right sided AM mix that we're looking for, left footed, super high quality. Rumour he has a cheap-ish release clause too.

Liverpool already on the case probably through Diaz.

31 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

...he looks like a very good player!!!

Looks like he plays a free role as he pops up everywhere, it would be as if we are playing with two Maddison's. 

If we do not look to invest in a proper RW then I can see bringing this player in would serve our purpose. Close ball control, can beat players in tight situations, also with vision and awareness. 

51 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

Looks good, and same agent as Ricardo as well. Only concern is he seems to have played more centrally according to Transfermrkt this season, so would want to be sure he can play effectively from the right 

1 hour ago, -sodapop said:

We've had scouts at a lot of Porto games this season and he was touted as the player we were watching.

• Like 1

Lovro Majer is destined for the top. I'd spend use any surplus generated elsewhere across the sales + Tielemans' fee to drop £35m on him. He's just joined Rennes but it was £10m(ish), I think they know they can't keep hold of him forever so we're better off going big now before it's £55m to PSG next season.

6 goals and 8 assists in 19 nineties for Rennes from CM

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Lovro Majer is destined for the top. I'd spend use any surplus generated elsewhere across the sales + Tielemans' fee to drop £35m on him. He's just joined Rennes but it was £10m(ish), I think they know they can't keep hold of him forever so we're better off going big now before it's £55m to PSG next season.

6 goals and 8 assists in 19 nineties for Rennes from CM

Good player, does lack pace though but makes up for it with excellent technical ability. There's another young left footed Croatian midfielder coming through at Salzburg cut from the same cloth but a bit more mobile - Luka Sucic. He's having a superb season and only 19.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Good player, does lack pace though but makes up for it with excellent technical ability. There's another young left footed Croatian midfielder coming through at Salzburg cut from the same cloth but a bit more mobile - Luka Sucic. He's having a superb season and only 19.

We've had Timbermans chug around midfield for three years, makes Majer look like Speedy Gonzalez in comparison. LM's defensive stats are better as well.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Maxwel Cornet has a £17.5m release clause if they go down. I tell you what you know, we could do a lot lot worse than looking at him.

He's done well this season but what I like most about him is he's a relentless attacker and defender. There was one year at France where his underlying stats were off the scale. He was then converted in to a left wing back (bonus to have a genuine attacking threat whose left footed if we were ever to play that system) as well as equally as good playing left wing or right wing. Can play up top in a front 2 as well.

He'd be my gettable Plan C if we couldn't get our main targets.

Who’s plan A and B/ our main targets out of interest then, if Cornet is plan C? 

11 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

...I  would say Tete and CDK being the most likely!!!

Sangare possibly coming in and a CB (Colwill), these could most likely be the ones to come in, or at least realistically aim for.

15 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Appears it's still Madueke and we held talks with Tete but he's probably going to sign permanently at Lyon, he's been excellent for them by all accounts. 

There's a few others I'd go for over Cornet if it were down to me but at £17.5m it's a very good deal.

If Cags goes, Anel Ahmedhodzic from Bordeaux would be a great centre back to bring in. 23 years old, 6ft 4. Only recently signed from Malmo but with Bordeaux going down he shouldn't be too costly. Maybe the 10-15m mark.

• Like 3