Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

8 minutes ago, LVocey said:

If Cags goes, Anel Ahmedhodzic from Bordeaux would be a great centre back to bring in. 23 years old, 6ft 4. Only recently signed from Malmo but with Bordeaux going down he shouldn't be too costly. Maybe the 10-15m mark.

Great shout, was astonished he ended up at Bordeaux. 

54 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Maxwel Cornet has a £17.5m release clause if they go down. I tell you what you know, we could do a lot lot worse than looking at him.

He's done well this season but what I like most about him is he's a relentless attacker and defender. There was one year at France where his underlying stats were off the scale. He was then converted in to a left wing back (bonus to have a genuine attacking threat whose left footed if we were ever to play that system) as well as equally as good playing left wing or right wing. Can play up top in a front 2 as well.

He'd be my gettable Plan C if we couldn't get our main targets.

i saw that earlier too, we should be on this tbf, impressed by him this season and seems the sort of player we'd go for, and for under £20mil is a steal for me , if .....if we cant get our main targets

Edited by FrankieADZ
  • Like 1

Hasn’t really played as a right winger regularly since 18/19, and has mostly been a left winger/striker for Burnley this season

26 appearances - 1,704 mins - 18.9 games

8 goals and 2 assists
Goal contribution every 170.4 mins

Decent output in a crap Burnely side

If we decide not to take the option on Lookman it could be interesting with how versatile he is, could cover striker (which we are seemingly interested in this summer), cover either wing (instead of Lookman), and be an option at wing back or even left back if desperate

Could be worth keeping an eye on if we have issues getting other targets

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Good player, does lack pace though but makes up for it with excellent technical ability. There's another young left footed Croatian midfielder coming through at Salzburg cut from the same cloth but a bit more mobile - Luka Sucic. He's having a superb season and only 19.

Sucic is probably destined for bigger things already 

41 minutes ago, LVocey said:

If Cags goes, Anel Ahmedhodzic from Bordeaux would be a great centre back to bring in. 23 years old, 6ft 4. Only recently signed from Malmo but with Bordeaux going down he shouldn't be too costly. Maybe the 10-15m mark.

Did they make that a perm deal as thought it was a loan with option to buy? Hard to find much info on it 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/anel-ahmedhodzic/transfers/spieler/377468/transfer_id/3723692

Edited by turlo
link added

4 minutes ago, turlo said:

Did they make that a perm deal as thought it was a loan with option to buy? Hard to find much info on it 

Can't see it myself either, but I'd imagine they would make it permanent if everythings in place, even if it's just to sell on for profit.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Hasn’t played as a right winger regularly since 18/19, and has mostly been a left winger/striker for Burnley this season

26 appearances - 1,704 mins - 18.9 games

8 goals and 2 assists
Goal contribution every 170.4 mins

Decent output in a crap Burnely side

If we decide not to take the option on Lookman it could be interesting with how versatile he is, could cover striker (which we are seemingly interested in this summer), cover either wing (instead of Lookman), and be an option at wing back or even left back if desperate

Could be worth keeping an eye on if we have issues getting other targets

I think it was that 2018/19 season where his underlying stats were immense and yet the subsequent seasons he was moved to left wing back or left wing at Lyon.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Maxwel Cornet has a £17.5m release clause if they go down. I tell you what you know, we could do a lot lot worse than looking at him.

He's done well this season but what I like most about him is he's a relentless attacker and defender. There was one year at France where his underlying stats were off the scale. He was then converted in to a left wing back (bonus to have a genuine attacking threat whose left footed if we were ever to play that system) as well as equally as good playing left wing or right wing. Can play up top in a front 2 as well.

He'd be my gettable Plan C if we couldn't get our main targets.

Came on to post the same thing. Very very good player. Underlying stats still very good in what is a very poor team. 

• Like 1

Soccerment is decent if you sign up, the most user friendly filters available for free.

Left footed wingers with at least 900 minutes played, 5 goals and 5 assists.

Screenshot-2022-05-16-at-13-09-10.png

https://analytics.soccerment.com/en/player-smart-search?t=1652702895645&soccRole=["WAM"]&preferred_foot=Left&age=[14,27]&Time Played=[887,5000]&Goals=[5,50]&Goal Assists=[5,30]&orderBy={"param":"Goal Assists","order":"DESC"}&season=2021

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 2

Sangare, Ndicka, Johnson, Lookman and De Ketelaere would represent a near perfect summer IMO.

Kasper, Iversen, Ward

Justin, Castagne, Ricardo, Thomas

Ndicka, Soyuncu, Evans Fofana (Amartey)

Sangare, Ndidi, Mendy

Maddison, De Ketalaere, KDH (Perez)

Johnson, Barnes, Lookman (Albrighton)

Vardy, Daka, Iheanacho

Enough players to make two capable squads for next season. Injuries shouldn't be a problem given we won't be in Europe. We ought to go for the Cups again.

• Like 3

Bremer, Tarkowski, CDK, Lookman, Sangare, Eriksen

Sell Tielemans, Soyuncu, Soumare, Choudhury, Mendy, Perez, Praet and phase out Evans and Albrighton

Edited by KFS
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Soccerment is decent if you sign up, the most set friendly filters available for free.

Left footed wingers with at least 900 minutes played, 5 goals and 5 assists.

Screenshot-2022-05-16-at-13-09-10.png

https://analytics.soccerment.com/en/player-smart-search?t=1652702895645&soccRole=["WAM"]&preferred_foot=Left&age=[14,27]&Time Played=[887,5000]&Goals=[5,50]&Goal Assists=[5,30]&orderBy={"param":"Goal Assists","order":"DESC"}&season=2021

Some surprising omissions of Tete, Anthony, Tsygankov, Blas, Doan.

Will have a look though, cheers for the heads up.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Some surprising omissions of Tete, Anthony, Tsygankov, Blas, Doan.

Will have a look though, cheers for the heads up.

Some of it might be down to the semantics of positions (what constitutes the difference between a ST or Winger) or the leagues they have data for.

Tsygankov should finally get a move somewhere this summer, his number have been too good for Dynamo for ages now.

• Like 1

Looks like we need to get about 6-7 squad players out. For me quality over quantity sign 3-4 potential starters not squad players. 

No European football, and to keep everyone interested we need a smaller squad. We are carrying to many players that know they are only going to play a handful of games. 

A squad of 20 good outfield players plus goalkeepers is enough. We can use the youth team players if needed.

Moving all our unwanted players on will be our biggest problem I think.

1 minute ago, tetly said:

Looks like we need to get about 6-7 squad players out. For me quality over quantity sign 3-4 potential starters not squad players. 

No European football, and to keep everyone interested we need a smaller squad. We are carrying to many players that know they are only going to play a handful of games. 

A squad of 20 good outfield players plus goalkeepers is enough. We can use the youth team players if needed.

Moving all our unwanted players on will be our biggest problem I think.

Only enough if we can keep a squad fit which we haven't proven we can in the last 2 years.

Just now, An Sionnach said:

Bordering on the impossible I would say. We pay far too much and money is the name of the game.

Thankfully a bunch of them only have q year left on their deals and we can agree pay offs to help push them out the door.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Only enough if we can keep a squad fit which we haven't proven we can in the last 2 years.

Things have to improve on the injury front  you would think. Serous questions should be asked if not. Our injuries have been shocking.

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Bordering on the impossible I would say. We pay far too much and money is the name of the game.

We are going to need to be creative and sell somehow. You are right though looks a challenge.

On 16/05/2022 at 11:19, Ric Flair said:

Appears it's still Madueke and we held talks with Tete but he's probably going to sign permanently at Lyon, he's been excellent for them by all accounts. 

There's a few others I'd go for over Cornet if it were down to me but at £17.5m it's a very good deal.

... it sounds as if you are well informed on what is happening behind the scenes!!!

I have reservations about Madueke and Tete would be my first choice. Hopefully he pulls out of any deals with Lyon and look to other options.