Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

10 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Mertens if he's not retiring. He's still got it.

1 year with us and then 1 year back home at Leuven before he retires :thumbup:

I would love him but I think he loves it at Napoli and is expected to sign a new deal

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

A Left footed CB we need? Calvin Bassey on this evidence. Let’s just hope he liked it here lol

I haven’t even heard of him before tonight’s game but based on that, how did we let him go? He’s a monster

16 minutes ago, Wink said:

I haven’t even heard of him before tonight’s game but based on that, how did we let him go? He’s a monster

He was played as a lb in the academy and was behind Chilwell and Thomas and left in search of first team football. Unfortunate but you can't possibly keep every talent that comes through your academy

2 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Morgan Gibbs-White is an interesting player, he had a great season with Sheff Utd. Don’t have a clue how Wolves see him but I think he’d be a great addition, would be an interesting option to our midfield. 

.....his little back flicks is worth the admission money itself!!!

He is a real livewire, unselfish in and around the box and makes gret unselfish plays, the team comes first. A really exciting player he would be, to bring in to our team, he would balance the midfield, just what we need.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling Error.
  • Like 1

In £89 million

£30 million Madueke/Johnson

£20 million Berge

£25 million Dennis/Pedro

£14 million Lookman

Loan Colwill/some other Big 6 youth CB

Out £90 million

£30 million Iheanacho :(((

£25 million Tielemans

£20 million Soyuncu

£5 million Ward

£5 million Hamza

£5 million Perez

Free Bertrand

Loan Vestergaard 

Loan + Buy Obligation £15 m Praet

Vardy Daka Pedro/Dennis

Barnes Johnson Lookman Albrighton

Maddison

Dewsbury-Hall Berge

Ndidi Mendy

Ricardo Castagne Justin Thomas

Fofana Evans Colwill Amartey

Schmeichel Iversen

Lookman/Johnson can fill in for Maddison or we can go to a 4-3-3 with Berge. I really hope de Katelaere is not our RW option.

Edited by Nicolo Barella

21 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If we do need an experienced winner then I'm fascinated whether we could get Witsel or Di Maria. Both play in key positions we need to strengthen. 

Witsel I wouldn't class as an experienced winner to be honest, considering most of his career was spent at flat track bully clubs he's actually not won much at all.

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Witsel I wouldn't class as an experienced winner to be honest, considering most of his career was spent at flat track bully clubs he's actually not won much at all.

Dortmund aren't a flat track bully. Anything they win is very hard fought given they are up against an absolute juggernaut who nick all their talent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Dortmund aren't a flat track bully. Anything they win is very hard fought given they are up against an absolute juggernaut who nick all their talent.

Key word in my point was 'most' wasn't it though, I didn't reference Dortmund. Regardless if your using the Pokal and Supercup as examples at Dortmund then arguably our squad has winners in it.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Key word in my point was 'most' wasn't it though, I didn't reference Dortmund. Regardless if your using the Pokal and Supercup as examples at Dortmund then arguably our squad has winners in it.

Even so, Zenit and Liege were strong teams in their countries at the time but then the same could be said about anyone playing for Chelsea under Mourinho in 2004-2007 and Man City under Pep. Are those players less of a winner than the players who won stuff at Liverpool under Klopp let's say or even under us?

Witsel has an interesting character and aggression that borders on too much (what he did to Wasyl was horrid) but we need some experience and that strength.

A central midfielder that has caught my attention, Mykola Shaparenko of Dynamo Kyiv.

Looks a good all round midfielder, chips in with goals & assists, good passer, good ball carrier and is an absolute workhorse on the defensive end.

Plus he won Dynamo Kyiv’s player of the season award in 2021, not Tsygankov ;) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Even so, Zenit and Liege were strong teams in their countries at the time but then the same could be said about anyone playing for Chelsea under Mourinho in 2004-2007 and Man City under Pep. Are those players less of a winner than the players who won stuff at Liverpool under Klopp let's say or even under us?

Witsel has an interesting character and aggression that borders on too much (what he did to Wasyl was horrid) but we need some experience and that strength.

Gritted teeth for Witsel, that challenge on Wasyl still looks and an absolute horror story

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm not arguing he isn't a half decent player or even that he hasn't had a successful career, just that actually when you think about who he played for and the times he was there he hasn't won as much as you'd imagine. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, moore_94 said:

What a painful read. You know a lot of those wages are on players like Vestergaard, Bertrand, Perez, Praet and Soumare, none of whom play! This is not the players fault, as they will do what's best for them but shows you the dangers of bad recruitment. 

It also shows the value of players like Amartey who despite not being a world beater has been solid in lots of games, on not that much money and has made a bigger impact than many of the other names. Also shows you the value generated from Barnes and KDH, first team players that we paid nothing for!

It's easy to see why so many of us are nervous about this rebuild. Everton and Man United are the examples of what a bad rebuild results in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

What a painful read. You know a lot of those wages are on players like Vestergaard, Bertrand, Perez, Praet and Soumare, none of whom play! This is not the players fault, as they will do what's best for them but shows you the dangers of bad recruitment. 

It also shows the value of players like Amartey who despite not being a world beater has been solid in lots of games, on not that much money and has made a bigger impact than many of the other names. Also shows you the value generated from Barnes and KDH, first team players that we paid nothing for!

It's easy to see why so many of us are nervous about this rebuild. Everton and Man United are the examples of what a bad rebuild results in.

This is why I keep waffling on about our recruitment model needs modifying again. I know we perhaps can't always sign young players but the method of buying sensibly and selling for a big profit to then reinvest is paramount. How we do that is flexible enough that perhaps it's not purely on young players (made big money on Maguire) but what I'm seeing right now is the ability to make big profits on replaceable players is constricted and we've very little room for manoeuvre on buying in players year on year. Still our wage bill is taken up by huge sums being paid to players that have been a failure here and most of them are players we signed that were supposed to bring a sense of experience and reliability with them, either from the Premier League or had proven themselves in top leagues around Europe.

We need to free ourselves of having little room to make changes, I'd also like to see us have the ability to take some punts on real unproven players where the gains can be vast. I look around Europe at teams with nowhere near the budget we have and they put together teams that are every bit as dangerous as ours, if not better. There's always an element of PL teams being stung a bigger fee and the transfer restrictions since we left the EU have made it a bit harder for us to collect unproven players but we can absolutely improve in this regard, collaborate with Leuven if we have to.

• Like 2