Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

Another left footed young Brazilian who Man City are sniffing about is Savio from Atletico Miniero. Scored a beauty in the Copa Liberdatores and would cost less than £10m, just turned 18 so we'd be able to get him now.

4 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Bernadashi is on a free from Juventus. Italy international right winger 28. Left footed right sided attacker :ph34r:

His stats are really underwhelming, I looked the other day. He'd want astronomical wages too.

• Like 2

On 19/05/2022 at 12:17, StriderHiryu said:

What a painful read. You know a lot of those wages are on players like Vestergaard, Bertrand, Perez, Praet and Soumare, none of whom play! This is not the players fault, as they will do what's best for them but shows you the dangers of bad recruitment. 

It also shows the value of players like Amartey who despite not being a world beater has been solid in lots of games, on not that much money and has made a bigger impact than many of the other names. Also shows you the value generated from Barnes and KDH, first team players that we paid nothing for!

It's easy to see why so many of us are nervous about this rebuild. Everton and Man United are the examples of what a bad rebuild results in.

It's possible that the need of trimming the squad could be phrased as opening up the wage bill due to high percentage of turnover equating to this very financial outflow as well as the need for a smaller squad in response to no european football. This is likely as you've mentioned thus may temper the worry about whether we are strapped for cash, plus as we've shown if the right player comes available we are able to go the extra mile giving me confidence in our ability to recruit i.e. going higher than we were likely initially willing for Fofana at £32m.

In the end, the number of personnel in terms controlling incomings and outgoing is also important for squad balance as well as financial feasibility to meet the 28 man squad size.

I'd be very happy to let go off Perez to open up for Lookman as I doubt Perez will develop any further than the standard he is now evidenced by his spell here, while Lookman could still very well develop further with the reduced pressure of securing a permanent place supported by the development he's shown in stages over the season.

• Like 1

We can pay up contracts and give free transfers to a number of players and that will free up squad places No income from transfer fees of course and it might involve an outlay of £20 million or so. We could have done that with Ghezzal instead of insisting on a bit of money for him. That,to me anyway , shows this clubs thinking.

Interesting to see how we square the circle of rebuilding the squad with limited funds. The problem with the idea of raising funds from Hamza, Perez, vestegaard  etc is you need a buyer and one willing to spend many pound notes. Not sure there will be lots knocking down our door.

Our main assets with a resale value are Madders and Little Wes. Hopefully there is no intention to sell one of these guys. We need to build a team around them.

18 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

Interesting to see how we square the circle of rebuilding the squad with limited funds. The problem with the idea of raising funds from Hamza, Perez, vestegaard  etc is you need a buyer and one willing to spend many pound notes. Not sure there will be lots knocking down our door.

Our main assets with a resale value are Madders and Little Wes. Hopefully there is no intention to sell one of these guys. We need to build a team around them.

I'd not be surprised to see a couple of loans coming in if we can at least get someone to take Hamza, Perez and Vestergaard at full wages with no fee/minimal fee. Choudhury and Perez will go on frees next summer anyway but at 60k and 80k+ a week respectively that alone is £7m for a year saved and given we've gone from staring a 14th place finish to potentially 8th which is worth £15m it's suddenly a little but of leeway. 

We need to lower our wage bill throughout the squad, most certainly in the fringe players and a few loan deals whilst we try and do that with players approaching the end of their contracts or signing a few young and unproven players that even doubling their wages is still 50k a week or less.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd not be surprised to see a couple of loans coming in if we can at least get someone to take Hamza, Perez and Vestergaard at full wages with no fee/minimal fee. Choudhury and Perez will go on frees next summer anyway but at 60k and 80k+ a week respectively that alone is £7m for a year saved and given we've gone from staring a 14th place finish to potentially 8th which is worth £15m it's suddenly a little but of leeway. 

We need to lower our wage bill throughout the squad, most certainly in the fringe players and a few loan deals whilst we try and do that with players approaching the end of their contracts or signing a few young and unproven players that even doubling their wages is still 50k a week or less.

Agreed free up some wages bring in a few first eleven quality players and trust in the youngsters to fill out the squad.

• Like 1

No Europe , we can trim the squad down a little.. get rid of some of our dross , Vestergaard, Hamza, Bertrand, Perez etc

sell Youri and Tielemans 

Bring 4/5 in that will be starters…not squad players…and add a couple extra of our talented youth players..

4 hours ago, Phenom said:

Does Curtis Jones want to get more consistent playing time? A loan with an option to buy (similar to Youri’s) would be nice…

I mentioned him a few pages back.

Liverpool seem to be in the market for another central midfielder (linked to Sangare and Tchouamemi). With Harvey Elliott coming back from injury he could be further down the pecking order.

Definitely worth a go on a loan deal given our circumstances. Liverpool fans seem to like him (energetic, technically decent) but at the moment he isn't quite good enough for their level.