Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

Ruben Loftus Cheek.. if he could stay fit. But yeah id definitely take Curtis Jones if the price was right

Would be ideal if he could get that run of games, the size and style of him is what we would hugely benefit from.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LFox99 said:

Could we not waste our funds on unwanted players from the shit 6?

Yeah the odd one in ten might still be a decent player but there's no way we get any of them for reasonable prices.

Yeah I could probably count on 1 finger the number of offloaded Liverpool players that 

have turned out to be good value.

Hopefully we can improve the defence this summer, our attack has performed very well for the past two seasons:

20/21: Joint 3rd most league goals

21/22: 5th most league goals

Sign a RW and invest in the defence and maybe a defensive midfielder. 

Just now, SafewayFox said:

Burnley’s relegation might have a few clubs circling?!

Pope for me.

I’m sure the lazy media will link us to McNeil as shown interest before!

Cornet worth a punt??

Any of those 3 would be welcome here imo. Cornet would give us a LWB option and LW depth if we don't sign Lookman (I think we ought to, for the record), as well as a striker in a pinch. Very versatile player. Pope is my first pick if Schmeichel leaves, personally - although his distribution is a bit suspect.

Last name worth considering imo is Brownhill as a potential midfield signing - very underrated player.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

This is what we have to try and go all out for, straight swap if needs be.

If it's a possibility we have to make it our priority. We could potentially own the two biggest french cb talents and considering how stacked they are in that position that is insane.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, -sodapop said:

Any of those 3 would be welcome here imo. Cornet would give us a LWB option and LW depth if we don't sign Lookman (I think we ought to, for the record), as well as a striker in a pinch. Very versatile player. Pope is my first pick if Schmeichel leaves, personally - although his distribution is a bit suspect.

Last name worth considering imo is Brownhill as a potential midfield signing - very underrated player.

We should go straight in for Cornet immediately imo. We can then bin off Bertrand as we'll have decent cover at LB. He would also provide excellent competition for Barnes and a guy who could go up front if we're ever in a proper bind in that area. He'd be an excellent signing for us and for a similar price to what Lookman would cost without having to sign him as well.

5 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

We should go straight in for Cornet immediately imo. We can then bin off Bertrand as we'll have decent cover at LB. He would also provide excellent competition for Barnes and a guy who could go up front if we're ever in a proper bind in that area. He'd be an excellent signing for us and for a similar price to what Lookman would cost without having to sign him as well.

We'll probably end up with Dwight McNeil instead.

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

We'll probably end up with Dwight McNeil instead.

A couple of seasons ago, that'd have got me rubbing my hands together. Now, not so much. His agent will surely be angling for a move away though.

32 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I can't get my head around why Lyon stopped playing him as a RW and why Burnley didn't use him there either, it's his best position IMO. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I can't get my head around why Lyon stopped playing him as a RW and why Burnley didn't use him there either, it's his best position IMO. 

Another reason to get him. Put the bid in now and get it done. Ticks so many boxes.

• Like 3