Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

53 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

We should go straight in for Cornet immediately imo. We can then bin off Bertrand as we'll have decent cover at LB. He would also provide excellent competition for Barnes and a guy who could go up front if we're ever in a proper bind in that area. He'd be an excellent signing for us and for a similar price to what Lookman would cost without having to sign him as well.

Heard someone on the radio saying that he's got a fairly cheap buy out clause if Burnley got relegated. 

I think Brendan really likes this 4-3-3 system with a central player on the right and a winger on the left..

RW: Maddison, De Ketelaere

LW: Barnes, Lookman

+ Albrighton for squad depth

Edited by Shane

No News Is Good News. Spurs basically give Poch no say in the transfers from what I can recall. At the time I felt it lacked trust but now I realise it is sage and wise and good and something we should definitely do.

That’s a no brainer for Cornet, he’s scored 9 in 26 premier league appearances (21 starts) for a cack Burnley side. 
His Lyon stats for him on either wing are almost identical and he can play further back in the wingback positions.

Ticks a lot of boxes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JimJams said:

That’s a no brainer for Cornet, he’s scored 9 in 26 premier league appearances (21 starts) for a cack Burnley side. 
His Lyon stats for him on either wing are almost identical and he can play further back in the wingback positions.

Ticks a lot of boxes.

He'd certainly be a player I'd have in mind if we can't get Madueke who seems to be our number 1 target again.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Won't come here will he? Didn't he say he wanted to stay at Marseille for Champions League football?

He said he'd like to and Marseille have said they cannot afford the £30m Arsenal want. 

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Eriksen for me, surely Kasper can have a word.

My only concern would be fitting him and Maddison in to the same team as both would have to start every game possible given their stature in the game. Suppose Maddison has proven he can still influence games from this wide right position and he and Eriksen could alternate centrally but if we then chuff up good money for the elusive right winger we want then they'll be on the bench or Eriksen will be.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

My only concern would be fitting him and Maddison in to the same team as both would have to start every game possible given their stature in the game. Suppose Maddison has proven he can still influence games from this wide right position and he and Eriksen could alternate centrally but if we then chuff up good money for the elusive right winger we want then they'll be on the bench or Eriksen will be.

Eriksen can play the Tielemans position? I know it’s deeper but he has that quality to start attacks his ball control and passing is of a high standard.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

Eriksen can play the Tielemans position? I know it’s deeper but he has that quality to start attacks his ball control and passing is of a high standard.

My concern still stands, Maddison is then still wide right and the RW we are prioritising as our main signing this summer will be on the bench.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

Max Cornet and Nick Pope are Burnley's best two players and would fit nicely in our squad. We could do a lot worse than raiding them.

I think either/both of these should be seriously considered along with Tarkowski and Nathan collins. I and am a big fan of jonny evans and Schmeichel and I would not force either out of the door but neither are getting any younger and competition is always a good thing. If kasper does want to leave I think pope would be on our list. His distribution would be improved if players are looking for the ball as it wasn’t imperative at Burnley. Cornet does look dangerous when I have seen him. Collins is a young improving talent and made a decent premier league debut. Good in the air too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He'd certainly be a player I'd have in mind if we can't get Madueke who seems to be our number 1 target again.

What about De Ketelaere? I thought the links from Belgium were quite reliable (could be wrong of course).

Surely we can’t be signing Madueke, De Ketelaere and Lookman!! Would give us great depth if we were to sign all 3. 

Personally, I would prefer 3 defensive players (defensive midfielder & a couple defenders) over 3 attackers this summer. We have the 5th best goal record in the league, so I think Lookman + one other should do for now.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Shane said:

What about De Ketelaere? I thought the links from Belgium were quite reliable (could be wrong of course).

Surely we can’t be signing Madueke, De Ketelaere and Lookman!! Would give us great depth if we were to sign all 3. 

Personally, I would prefer 3 defensive players (defensive midfielder & a couple defenders) over 3 attackers this summer. We have the 5th best goal record in the league, so I think Lookman + one other should do for now.

He's not a winger, if we sell Iheanacho I could see him being the replacement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shane said:

Quite so, you win nothing but fans plaudits without a good defensive structure.

Boring sounding and pragmatic yes but a good defence will release your attackers way more than some fancy winger ever could.

However, fancy Rodgers will not agree.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

People have mentioned it but Cornet would be a clever signing. Lots of value in the transfer at rumoured £14million relegation clause so frees up money for other positions.

Scored goals for a Burnley side that is not renowned for attacking.

Versatile enough to play a number of positions but most importantly can fill that RW position.

Yeah my lad said he would be a good shout.  Lets go big on Burnley, the everending rumour mill about Tarkowski and Wouters for a different alternative up front, Mcneil wouldn't be a bad back up either.

All in a fire sale.

People have mentioned it but Cornet would be a clever signing. Lots of value in the transfer at rumoured £14million relegation clause so frees up money for other positions.

Versatile enough to play a number of positions but most importantly can fill that RW position.

Decent player but i'd sooner pay the £15m on Lookman to be the Barnes backup left winger.

Younger, home grown, already adapted to our playstyle and better at unlocking defences IMO.

BBC reckon his release clause is £17.5m. However, with the financial pressure that Burnley are now under they are likely to accept less. I'd expect they will get the full amount as he'll have plenty of interest especially from the promoted clubs. 

29 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Artem Dzyuba's contract expires at Zenit. Can't imagine it'd happen but he's exactly the type we need, a 4th striker is too many though tbf.

He's an absolute statue... Plus he's Russian which in itself presents complications!