Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

10 hours ago, Foxxed said:

No News Is Good News. Spurs basically give Poch no say in the transfers from what I can recall. At the time I felt it lacked trust but now I realise it is sage and wise and good and something we should definitely do.

...the only problem with that is the manager subconsciously marginalise the player and you have a player doing his best but feels there is something stopping him from getting propper game time!!!

Paranoia and animosity creeps in and it then, it spreads to teammates who can see it and the whole bonding and team unity starts to become divided.

I do believe that the manager needs to also sanction the new asset coming in.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

max cornet has a 17m release clause. i like him personally but he does seem injury prone. 

shame he prefers the left 

I don't think it's him preferring to play on the left but his managers. Played RW in 2018/19 and was very good.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't think it's him preferring to play on the left but his managers. Played RW in 2018/19 and was very good.

well if that’s true than this could be a steal. 

id love to see him in an attacking side. No idea why he or his agents thought that burnley was a good project for him 

worth noting that he could even work in a 352  or as a striker back up. he’d be a great utility option 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3

Probably mentioned in this thread or another,  but we need to sell to buy... 

Lets take some wishful thinking sales this summer:
- Tielemens £25m (seems like the Arsenal opening offer)
- Cags £18m  (at least get our money back)
- Praat £10m (some interest from Italy)
- Perez £7m (yes we paid £30m!)

Losing any more would be eating into the squad.

Gives a ball park £60m to spend.. then prob sign a Lookman or similar (£15m) .. gives us £45m to split between a striker and CB.

Edited by Pinfox

24 minutes ago, Pinfox said:

Gives a ball park £60m to spend.. then prob sign a Lookman or similar (£15m) .. gives us £45m to split between a striker and CB.

No point selling Perez for 7m it’s peanuts !

30 minutes ago, Pinfox said:

....probably another £20-30m from the club and we could also then afford to replace Tielemans!!!

8 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

No point selling Perez for 7m it’s peanuts !

Would leave for free next year otherwise. Almost worth a Lookman, especially when you consider over the length of the contract as I imagine Lookman would be on considerably less than Ayoze. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Pinfox said:

If we're not selling Iheanacho then RW is much higher priority than striker, if we want a striker I imagine we'll look to get £30m or so for Iheanacho to fund it 

1 hour ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

LB / CB - Facundo Medina

An excellent underrated shout.

I was looking into left sided centre backs the other day, comparing them with Soyuncu, Evans & Fofana from a statistical standpoint, this guy along with Chris Richards of Hoffenheim(On loan from Bayern) would be an excellent fit for us.

We don’t need another striker unless we either sell one (and I’m not counting Perez as a striker, no cheating!) or we switch to a 2 striker formation. What’s the point in having 4 for a single striker role in the side?

15 minutes ago, kingfox said:

An excellent underrated shout.

I was looking into left sided centre backs the other day, comparing them with Soyuncu, Evans & Fofana from a statistical standpoint, this guy along with Chris Richards of Hoffenheim(On loan from Bayern) would be an excellent fit for us.

....very much a master of the dark arts with this player!!!

The little nudge in the back and the opposition goes down and he has a free header. Players going down, when there is little need to do so, all screams someone who knows how to get things done, Very much Robert Huth, sly but knowledgeable in defence and he does have a great long ball pass.

Very much a Chris Richards fan, but this player can take control of the backline and emanates leadership qualities.

9 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

The little nudge in the back and the opposition goes down and he has a free header. Players going down, when there is little need to do so, all screams someone who knows how to get things done, Very much Robert Huth, sly but knowledgeable in defence and he does have a great long ball pass.

Very much a Chris Richards fan, but this player can take control of the backline and emanates leadership qualities.

Makes me nervous that Medina is only 5ft 11. We need a 7ft defender to compensate for the rest being pony in the air bar Fofana.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Makes me nervous that Medina is only 5ft 11. We need a 7ft defender to compensate for the rest being pony in the air bar Fofana.

We have big Jannick, he is apparently 8'2" but nobody has been able to measure him accurately yet.

51 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

We need a defender who fits our style, someone who is used to having the ball, someone who is comfortable with the ball, very much like Fofana his ball carrying stats are impressive too, plus he averages more tackles & interceptions than the defenders we have now. Not only would he be a good fit, he excels in every department compared with Soyuncu, Evans & Fofana.

Chris Richards has been linked before, I wouldn’t be surprised if he comes back on the radar.

Igor of Fiorentina also looks a suitable fit for us, although he does have a mistake in him.

• Like 1