Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

On 23/05/2022 at 17:43, An Sionnach said:

We have big Jannick, he is apparently 8'2" but nobody has been able to measure him accurately yet.

He can't even jump. He couldn't win a header against anyone over 6 foot tall for love or money. Its no use being tall when your built like a wardrobe and have the mobility and aerial prowess of an oil tanker.

31 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

Chelsea trying to sell Ziyech.

Got to say he really hasn't impressed me at all during his time with them. 

He's a very good player just feel he hasn't hit the heights he probably should have. 

This isn’t exactly what I hope will happen, but I feel like our summer will look something like this personally, getting one of the positions on a free is key to the spending as we can’t afford to spend on all of the needed positions.

Out:

Soyuncu £25m

Vestegaard £10m

Youri £30m

Hamza £10m

Perez £15m

Total £90m

In:

Centre back £30m

Ericksen - Free

Sangare - £25m

Right winger £30m

Lookman £15m

Total £100m

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Out

Kalechi - £25m

Cags - £20m

Youri - £30m

Praet £12m

Soumare £15

Vesty £5m

Bertand - £?

Hamza £5m

?

Personally I’ve never understood the Kel hate, he offers us something completely different to our other options.

I don’t think we value that enough. 

Just now, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Personally I’ve never understood the Kel hate, he offers us something completely different to our other options.

I don’t think we value that enough. 

There’s zero hate at all. He’s a saleable asset and one we can afford to lose. 

Unfortunately he does not have the quality to play the role Brendan is asking him too, he is too inconsistent but in the right set up he is a good player. 

We’re better off selling him and signing CDK instead, who’s skill set would suit us better in that role. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

There’s zero hate at all. He’s a saleable asset and one we can afford to lose. 

Unfortunately he does not have the quality to play the role Brendan is asking him too, he is too inconsistent but in the right set up he is a good player. 

We’re better off selling him and signing CDK instead, who’s skill set would suit us better in that role. 

But can you class CDK as a direct replacement?

For me you are replacing a forward with a creative midfielder… Which would require investing in another forward as personally I don’t feel comfortable yet to depend on Daka as our number 2.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

In any fair contest , Iheanacho's goals per minute would be twice this young Belgian could offer. On that basis we need 15 league goals from Daka next season.

Iheanacho has 4 league goals this season, where have you got this number from? 

3 minutes ago, Tanya said:

I'm a little worried about the lack of funds we have to play with. If we have around 60 million to play with, doesn't that only give you around three players? At best.

Would rather buy 2x30m or 3x20m, and get the rest from youth if possible to be honest

• Like 2

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Would rather buy 2x30m or 3x20m, and get the rest from youth if possible to be honest

I was also forgetting  Cags, who should also net some more cash for us.

Just now, Tanya said:

I'm a little worried about the lack of funds we have to play with. If we have around 60 million to play with, doesn't that only give you around three players? At best.

We do have some cheap options available to us. There’s plenty of talent available in the free transfer/loan market.

The u23 manager also mentioned its possible 1-2 academy players could be in the first team squad next season. 

Keep the faith :scarf:hopefully our recruitment staff will get it right. 

I’ve kind of warmed to the idea of potentially letting Iheanacho leave. Fair play to him for turning his career around with us, the contributions he made when played in a front two, will always be remembered fondly. His performances as a lone striker though have been far too hit & miss, if he does go and CDK replaces him, CDK would give us a better Plan B option. He has height, something that we lack, plus he can play in a few positions, as a centre forward, attacking midfielder and as a winger. 

Letting Iheanacho, Tielemans & Soyuncu go as our most sellable assets, along with the likes of Vestergaard, Choudhury, Soumare, Praet & maybe Perez, I’d be more than happy with.

2 - CB

2 - CM

1/2 - Wingers

1 - Striker 

Would then be needed, I’d be content if a couple of those signings were loans.

Let’s say we manage to raise around £105m through the sales of:

Iversen £5m

Cags £25m

Vestegaard £5m

Soumare £10m

Praet £10m

Hamza £10m

Youri £30m

Perez £10m

What positions would we say we need to fill and how much would everyone be willing to spend on each position?

For me it would be:

Centre back - £30m

Wijndal (Left back) - £15m (Thomas needs a loan for me)

Sangare - £25m

Eriksen - Free

Right winger - £30m

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

But can you class CDK as a direct replacement?

For me you are replacing a forward with a creative midfielder… Which would require investing in another forward as personally I don’t feel comfortable yet to depend on Daka as our number 2.

He plays just off the striker, and can play on either flank as part of a three. So he’s actually bringing a hell of a lot more than Kalechi. Daka will be absolutely fine, he’s literally got two areas of his game to clean up and he will be a excellent player in this league. The fact remains we need money, and I think we could easily get £25m for Kalechi. 

• Like 4