Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

8 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I l

I like this a lot but can’t help but feel we’ll feel disappointed with some of the fees that we’ll get for some of our players.

I’d also seriously consider Cornet over Lookman but can’t explain why other than I feel he has a chance of getting better numbers (goals and assists).

I’d take Cronet over Lookman as well! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Also can anyone confirm whether Alves is looking likely on signing a professional contract or has already?

If its not yet been sorted it would be a surprise, we'll have finalised contracts and releasing academy players for next season already and will be announced any day now.

Alves is already doing a lot of fitness and strength work away from the club which shows he's looking to come back to pre-season and impress. He'll be with the 1st team in July I'd gave thought. 

• Like 1

In a way I can see that we may not necessarily need to replace Tielemans as such

With him leaving it would give us the opportunity to move Maddison back into the middle where he is most effective rather than being shoe horned out on the right which I think would happen again should we end up signing Eriksen, Aouar etc. to play as the "8"

Set up in a 4141 / 4231 system with Ndidi, KDH, and Maddison as the midfield 3

Dependant upon who we are playing, how the game is going etc. the midfield 3 can change up as needed in terms of positioning and setup

Maddison stepping forward into the 10 with KDH dropping back alongside Ndidi, or Wilf dropping into his best as a lone DM with KDH and Madders as 8s

Especially if we are also looking to finally bring in a good right winger

image.png.59b769b77d8143e8cf32c49c0f2e73bf.pngimage.png.5e2a4a7b0260ae23c41e33e55ee8ef99.png

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

In a way I can see that we may not necessarily need to replace Tielemans as such

With him leaving it would give us the opportunity to move Maddison back into the middle where he is most effective rather than being shoe horned out on the right which I think would happen again should we end up signing Eriksen, Aouar etc. to play as the "8"

Set up in a 4141 / 4231 system with Ndidi, KDH, and Maddison as the midfield 3

Dependant upon who we are playing, how the game is going etc. the midfield 3 can change up as needed in terms of positioning and setup

Maddison stepping forward into the 10 with KDH dropping back alongside Ndidi, or Wilf dropping into his best as a lone DM with KDH and Madders as 8s

Especially if we are also looking to finally bring in a good right winger

image.png.59b769b77d8143e8cf32c49c0f2e73bf.pngimage.png.5e2a4a7b0260ae23c41e33e55ee8ef99.png

We'd still need another CM, Rodgers has confirmed we'll bring at least 2 in so I'd expect one to replace Tielemans and another ACM. Might even be a 3rd (DCM) if we get rid of Hamza/Mendy and Soumare. 

36 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Ward £10m (potentially replaced by Iverson, bring a bit more cash in). 

Iversen is much more marketable than Wardy. Handful of championship clubs want him, while I doubt its that easy to find a suitor for a keeper who's spent the majority of the last 6 years on the bench.

Not to mention I'd rather get CDK than Ali-Cho or Madueke. At least he is actually putting up numbers in the smaller league.

Edited by LFox99
  • Like 2

Would Brunt not just take Hamza’s spot?

I was thinking how huge next season could be for us with the 5 subs coming (back) in.

1) Hopefully it makes Rodgers take the handbrake off, so to speak - last season we were shutting up shop at precarious positions and coming undone.

2) Imagine we go back to us under Rodgers in our pomp and when leading more comfortably can introduce the likes of Brunt, Braybrooke, Alves to get minutes etc 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LFox99 said:

Iversen is much more marketable than Wardy. Handful of championship clubs want him, while I doubt its that easy to find a suitor for a keeper who's spent the majority of the last 6 years on the bench.

Ward a year ago after the Euro’s would have had a higher level of interest no doubt.

There could be value in getting Pope and Cornet out of Burnley. They are under pressure to raise funds and quickly to pay off loans used to buy the Club (triggered by relegation) - see recent posts by @kieranmaguire.

Pope would be a solid replacement for Kasper.

Guest Kopfkino

Given we’ve spent years being unable to get rid of players we don’t want anymore and we’ve spent months telling the world we want to get rid of a load of players and freshen things up, there’s some bold thinking on a)how much change there will be really b)how much money we’ll actually be able to raise.

Soyuncu and Tielemans will be the easiest to offload and generate a bit of cash from - they’re also the two players we don’t really want to get rid of but will do because of circumstance.

The size of our wage bill is hideous and has been for years reflecting the silly wages we hand out to shit that we then can’t shift without paying their wages. It will take some serious skill to simultaneously get the wages out the door and the transfer fees in the door.

3 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Given we’ve spent years being unable to get rid of players we don’t want anymore and we’ve spent months telling the world we want to get rid of a load of players and freshen things up, there’s some bold thinking on a)how much change there will be really b)how much money we’ll actually be able to raise.

Soyuncu and Tielemans will be the easiest to offload and generate a bit of cash from - they’re also the two players we don’t really want to get rid of but will do because of circumstance.

The size of our wage bill is hideous and has been for years reflecting the silly wages we hand out to shit that we then can’t shift without paying their wages. It will take some serious skill to simultaneously get the wages out the door and the transfer fees in the door.

I’d be happy to say ta ra to Soyuncu, but I get your point. Surely that goes for most players of value though? If another club wants them for a high price it’s because they are integral?

Who sells duffs for good money?

Edited by Strokes

21 hours ago, MalletFox said:

Ermmmmm Chris Smalling anyone?

I actually thought he looked class both games against us, they’re best player both legs imo. I actually said to my mate, if that’s how he’s performed all season then he should be in the England squad.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I am watching with interest. I think we still want Madueke so that goes against what you've said but we will see. I'd certainly not be surprised to see CDK or Ali-Cho signed to play either wide right or up front but once again it may well not solve our issues and mean we either play 2 up top which he doesn't really like to do for any great length of time or have a glaring weakness in our side once again.

Would be intrigued to see if CDK & Madueke is a possibility. We need extra competition at No.10 spot plus competition at right wing if we sell Perez

1 hour ago, LFox99 said:

Not to mention I'd rather get CDK than Ali-Cho or Madueke. At least he is actually putting up numbers in the smaller league.

I agree. CDK if signed would be deployed as a winger/attacking right sided midfielder. 

In a three that’s fine, and potentially in a 4-2-3-1 too. I think he is more than capable of being moved over to the wing. However, Madueke definitely has the raw ingredients to be a big hit in the premier league. He just needs some work and he will be a pretty useful player. 

With all the uncertainty on whether we'll get a proper left footed right winger or shoehorn a player like CDK there, we ought to get in at the same time Malcolm Ebiowi from Derby. Contract is up and is a PL player in the making. With 5 subs next season he could be an impact player at the very least - will cost less than £2m.

• Like 3

Wonder if we will be linked with Gustavo Hamer again? Another gem from the Championship of course.. He’s done really well for Coventry this season and has managed 3 goals and 10 assists from midfield.

Plays in a similar style to Tielemans. He dictates the play from deep but can also create chances in the final third. He gets around the pitch really well and is praised for his work rate off the ball.

Here’s a good article on him: 

https://breakingthelines.com/player-analysis/gustavo-hamer-coventrys-midfield-orchestrator/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1