Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

With all the uncertainty on whether we'll get a proper left footed right winger or shoehorn a player like CDK there, we ought to get in at the same time Malcolm Ebiowi from Derby. Contract is up and is a PL player in the making. With 5 subs next season he could be an impact player at the very least - will cost less than £2m.

Although I do want us to sign 1-2 experienced players, I would not be mad if all our signings were from the championship lol

So much talent in that league this season.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Shane said:

Wonder if we will be linked with Gustavo Hamer again? Another gem from the Championship of course.. He’s done really well for Coventry this season and has managed 3 goals and 10 assists from midfield.

Plays in a similar style to Tielemans. He dictates the play from deep but can also create chances in the final third. He gets around the pitch really well and is praised for his work rate off the ball.

Here’s a good article on him: 

https://breakingthelines.com/player-analysis/gustavo-hamer-coventrys-midfield-orchestrator/

A great shout, was having this very conversation with my best mate who's a Cov fan. He was going wild that I said he'd be perfect for us as a no frills back up to Ndidi and KDH.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shane said:

Wonder if we will be linked with Gustavo Hamer again? Another gem from the Championship of course.. He’s done really well for Coventry this season and has managed 3 goals and 10 assists from midfield.

Plays in a similar style to Tielemans. He dictates the play from deep but can also create chances in the final third. He gets around the pitch really well and is praised for his work rate off the ball.

Here’s a good article on him: 

https://breakingthelines.com/player-analysis/gustavo-hamer-coventrys-midfield-orchestrator/

He’s not related to Ben is he?

7 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Would anyone take a punt on Pepe or adama ? 

....only if he is the last option on the last day of the summer window, we need a RW!!!

We might just pick up a bargain with the ability to perform due to being in a different environment. He isn't as bad as all that, £72m is a lot to carry around with you, a £20m price tag, might just sit better.

Giovanni  or Tete, Berardi is another fools errand, we have waited for the last two seasons for him and Trincao. The prospect of Madueke seems to be up in the air.

Is Nathan Collins a good fit for us? We’ve been linked before. Burnley fans love him but they need to sell. 

Apparently he is good on the ball like Tarkowski, but doesn’t get to show it very often due to Burnley’s tactics. Also he is one of the best in the league in terms of aerial duels won. 

But can he adapt to playing in a high line :dunno:

1 hour ago, Shane said:

Is Nathan Collins a good fit for us? We’ve been linked before. Burnley fans love him but they need to sell. 

Apparently he is good on the ball like Tarkowski, but doesn’t get to show it very often due to Burnley’s tactics. Also he is one of the best in the league in terms of aerial duels won. 

But can he adapt to playing in a high line :dunno:

Yes he'd be a good shout for us. A little green ( No pun intended ) but I'm sure he has a great future in the game. And with Evans to guide him he's sure to get better.

The problem might be the price.?

• Like 1

On 25/05/2022 at 20:51, sacreblueits442 said:

....I believe at one stage, we would have been prepared to go to £40m for him!!!

It took him a long time to go overseas and he might just be unsettled here, but we would have loved to have picked him up a few years ago.

It takes players time to adapt to the prem and he hasn't been playing every game whereas he would with us. I'd definitely take him if we had a chance. He would probably be way less than what we would have had to pay back then and he now knows the league. Not our usual type of signing but could be great.

I wouldn't mind Ryan Kent from Rangers. Unrealistic I'm sure but think he'd be a great addition.

I simply think if we don't sign Lookman straight away and then we get him later in the window because we haven't got somebody else, it isn't going to do is moral any good.

Edited by Genesis1
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

It takes players time to adapt to the prem and he hasn't been playing every game whereas he would with us. I'd definitely take him if we had a chance. He would probably be way less than what we would have had to pay back then and he now knows the league. Not our usual type of signing but could be great.

...I always felt that he thought coming to us was below him!!!

I can't see him ever coming here as an option, even moreso that we are no longer in Europe. Not sure he is right for us, not sure he would fit in to our team environment. 

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I always felt that he thought coming to us was below him!!!

I can't see him ever coming here as an option, even moreso that we are no longer in Europe. Not sure he is right for us, not sure he would fit in to our team environment. 

True. I doubt he would come to us or any club not playing in Europe. 

11 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes he'd be a good shout for us. A little green ( No pun intended ) but I'm sure he has a great future in the game. And with Evans to guide him he's sure to get better.

I would be keen on this as I have mentioned before. He is already good and will get better. Now would be the perfect opportunity to try. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

At the risk of looking stupid, I have to ask what the pun is in reference to.

• Like 1