Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

19 hours ago, Shane said:

Is Nathan Collins a good fit for us? We’ve been linked before. Burnley fans love him but they need to sell. 

Apparently he is good on the ball like Tarkowski, but doesn’t get to show it very often due to Burnley’s tactics. Also he is one of the best in the league in terms of aerial duels won. 

But can he adapt to playing in a high line :dunno:

He is young and quite quick. No reason why not. I wish we had gone for him before Burnley. I think I read somewhere we looked at him. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'll be livid if we don't go all out for this lad, will cost less than £2m in compensation.

Almost no end product but really impressive dribbling and strength. Considering his age and what Derby are asking I think it’s definitely worth exploring.

1 hour ago, Phenom said:

Almost no end product but really impressive dribbling and strength. Considering his age and what Derby are asking I think it’s definitely worth exploring.

Yeah end product wasn't there until the final few games of the season. Looks very progressive though, best facilities in Europe with a manager who is seen as elite at coaching? No brainer for the price. 

• Like 4

Into June this week, pre season a month/5 weeks away! I hope we start to see some movement and stronger links over the next couple of weeks. The longer things are quiet the more I fear our first and second choices for them positions aren’t willing to come.

from last summers signings, soumare and Daka were clearly first choice as happened early summer. Bertrand probably the same after gosens was a no? Vestergaard was panic as we needed a centre half more than ever after fofana injury and lookman was deadline day which suggests he wasn’t top of our list for wingers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah end product wasn't there until the final few games of the season. Looks very progressive though, best facilities in Europe with a manager who is seen as elite at coaching? No brainer for the price. 

Looks to have the ingredients, looks like he’d excel in a better team too, Maddison anyone who plays right back and vardys movement will all help make him a better player. 

• Like 1

St. Étienne have unfortunately been relegated. However, that may mean Adil Aouchiche could be available.

His stats this season aren't all that, superficially speaking but he's been a highly regarded wonderkid and left PSG for St. Étienne for first-team football so may be up for leaving now he finds himself in the second tier.

I believe we were interested before his last move, and he's still only 19 so has a lot of potential.

He could be a great backup/long-term replacement for Maddison, while in the short-term allow us to keep Madders fit by resting him when he approaches the 'red zone' or feels a niggle in his hip without compromising the way we want to play.

Perhaps he'll want assurances of playing time, though, so a move to another club in France is probably a more realistic outcome for him. It would be quite an exciting signing for us, though. And hopefully wouldn't block the pathway of our own talented academy players.

Edited by ALC Fox
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

St. Étienne have unfortunately been relegated. However, that may mean Adil Aouchiche could be available.

His stats this season aren't all that, superficially speaking but he's been a highly regarded wonderkid and left PSG for St. Étienne for first-team football so may be up for leaving now he finds himself in the second tier.

I believe we were interested before his last move, and he's still only 19 so has a lot of potential.

He could be a great backup/long-term replacement for Maddison, while in the short-term allow us to keep Madders fit by resting him when he approaches the 'red zone' or feels a niggle in his hip without compromising the way we want to play.

Perhaps he'll want assurances of playing time, though, so a move to another club in France is probably a more realistic outcome for him. It would be quite an exciting signing for us, though. And hopefully wouldn't block the pathway of our own talented academy players.

Yes we tried to sign him and he rejected us in favour of St Etienne.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes we tried to sign him and he rejected us in favour of St Etienne.

If we're still keeping tabs, maybe our long-term interest would give us an advantage. But I guess if he went wanting to be first name on the teamsheet he'll probably favour a move elsewhere.

There will be certain advantages to being part of a competitive Premier League squad, though, training with these players and pushing for European football with the calibre of club that will rival us in that pursuit.

Saying all this, we may not even retain an interest in the player.

1 hour ago, ALC Fox said:

....just took a look at him on the show reel, nothing spectacular about him!!!

He influences nothing, his lay offs are pointless as they do not progress the play, he seems to rely on other players to be aware, there is little creativity about him. You can understand why a team would be relegated with him, as he is not someone you would look to in a battle for survival.

26 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....just took a look at him on the show reel, nothing spectacular about him!!!

He influences nothing, his lay offs are pointless as they do not progress the play, he seems to rely on other players to be aware, there is little creativity about him. You can understand why a team would be relegated with him, as he is not someone you would look to in a battle for survival.

I have to admit, I haven't really seen a lot of him play but have only heard that he's known for being a creative player and that PSG wanted to keep him before he went off in search of first-team football, which he can only be commended for.

30 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I have to admit, I haven't really seen a lot of him play but have only heard that he's known for being a creative player and that PSG wanted to keep him before he went off in search of first-team football, which he can only be commended for.

....involved in 37 games, 11 starts, 24 substitute appearances (10 of 18 minutes or less)!!!

Total assists for the 21/22 season totals 4. He has had a good grounding, having previously been at PSG, he has played in 6 different positions this season, probably explains the stats, for someone who appears to play in an attacking role.

2 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

Is the transfer window open now? If not when, it appears that teams like Villa are already making decent acquisitions… :cool: 

10th June apparently, closing 1st September. I'm fairly sure we're one of those clubs that doesn't announce deals until the window is open though, so I'd be surprised if we hear anything any time soon.

Villas two confirmed signings are turning a loan into a permanent, and signing a free transfer. So not as time-dependent, I suppose.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NewquayFox said:

Is the transfer window open now? If not when, it appears that teams like Villa are already making decent acquisitions… :cool: 

Let’s see how they get on after some games played before we start making comparisons is my advice mate.

Kamara apparently had a MASSIVE signing on fee that always makes me very skeptical.

Soumare/Dembele to name a few highlight the huge gulf in glass from Ligue One to the Prem

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Why’s that then?

Skeptical probably wasn’t the right word just more that context needs to be added when making comparisons/comments on players joining for “free”.

It does seem odd that he chose Villa over Atletico Madrid and even Deschamps has publicly questioned the decision as National boss.