Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

St Ettienne have been relegated from Ligue 1. Obviously relegated for a reason but Mahdi Camara would be a great squad option in midfield. Adil Aouchiche was massively rated when he left PSG for them but wouldn’t be a bad wildcard option to take a chance on and maybe send to Leuven for a year

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LVocey said:

St Ettienne have been relegated from Ligue 1. Obviously relegated for a reason but Mahdi Camara would be a great squad option in midfield. Adil Aouchiche was massively rated when he left PSG for them but wouldn’t be a bad wildcard option to take a chance on and maybe send to Leuven for a year

Lucas Gourna-Douath is another good prospect from St Etienne. Defensive midfielder.

Linked with Monaco as a replacement for Tchouameni.

3 hours ago, LVocey said:

Just about to mention "Mahdi camara" ..Very good ball winner with steel in his fibre's,  A leader, and to top it off mates with our Wesley,  agree would be a decent buy 

I just mentioned him in the Garner thread but surely Berge is someone who would improve our squad considerably and offer some physicality, is a good age whilst he has hinted he wants out of Sheffield United even before they missed out in the play offs.

Just now, Sankey93 said:

Go all out all for Saliba. It makes so much sense and youri wants to go there surely we can make an agreement? 

It would be sensational but why would Arsenal let him go? They need another centre half 100%. They were good defensively last season but they fell apart towards the end and with Europe they need a player of Saliba's quality and potential, they'd be nuts to let him go. 

18 hours ago, 4everfox said:

I would genuinely try and sign centre back William Saliba from Arsenal. He's been a beast on loan at Marseille this season and doesn't appear to be in favour at his parent club. Good mates with Fofana too having played with him at St Etienne, so he'd probably be happy to come. 

We're linked if you believe L'Equip! Might be time for someone to start the thread?

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Anyone fancy fixing an indifferent Anthony Martial, did crap at Sevilla and Man Utd will likely need to shift him on the cheap…..

Big risk. And I don't think we can afford any more of those. Could be a great signing for someone though. 

Have always, always liked Martial a lot but I don't see it as a good fit for us.  Rodgers would 100% stick him at RW or goalkeeper or something and he's not the sort of player who thrives played out of position.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Rotation/cover for left wide/striker, should we not sign Lookman

You cannot sign Anthony Martial as cover, it's a waste of time. The man will a) command a salary well over £100k a week and b) he's very unlikely to prosper as a bit part player. He needs a new challenge where he's showered with adulation and praise. 

• Like 3

Just now, Ric Flair said:

You cannot sign Anthony Martial as cover, it's a waste of time. The man will a) command a salary well over £100k a week and b) he's very unlikely to prosper as a bit part player. He needs a new challenge where he's showered with adulation and praise. 

He has not earnt that type of loyalty or love and at some point he will realise this, or he will just have to retire. There IS a player there, although I agree getting to it might be a toughh ask

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

I'd rather Lingard on a free if we taking any attackers from Man United as squad players. 

Agree, I was just reading about how grim it has gone for Martial, the Sevilla fans dislike him, he isn`t bothered, time to retire

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It would be sensational but why would Arsenal let him go? They need another centre half 100%. They were good defensively last season but they fell apart towards the end and with Europe they need a player of Saliba's quality and potential, they'd be nuts to let him go. 

I agree but they do have white and Gabriel who are the 1st CB’s! If they want youri badly then hopefully we could persuade them ? If I was arsenal then I wouldn’t let him go either but you never know we can hope haha 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Found out why everything went quiet on Damsgaard, poor lad has developed rheumatoid arthritis at 21 years old. Been laid up the whole of the season and only now says he feels ready to play. Really talented player, horrible thing to happen.

https://football-italia.net/damsgaard-returns-to-sampdoria-after-five-months-ive-been-sick-in-the-hospital/

I'd have had a new barnet done an'all whilst he was out.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

The Times reporting Man C have told Ake and Zinchenko they are free to leave if a fair offer comes in. 
Ake 27 Left footed CB knows the league, fair footed & attacks the ball although he’s still a midget in CB terms 5ft 9in (1.8m, 1.9yards, 70.8in which ever takes ya fancy) but could he be a better option than a young unknown, some wanted Tarkowski surely he’s a better option than him?

I think now I’d personally like to see the young unknown / up and comer but Ake would be ready to go so also wouldn’t say no

Just as an aside, I'd actually love to get Zinchenko in if he was available for a reasonable price and we sold Castagne for whatever reason. Would even up our fullback siding a little bit and seems a really dependable, solid player who can do a shift in midfield in a pinch. Still, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down the list of priorities at the moment so not really something to dwell on. Think he'd do well for us though

18 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

The Times reporting Man C have told Ake and Zinchenko they are free to leave if a fair offer comes in. 
Ake 27 Left footed CB knows the league, fair footed & attacks the ball although he’s still a midget in CB terms 5ft 9in (1.8m, 1.9yards, 70.8in which ever takes ya fancy) but could he be a better option than a young unknown, some wanted Tarkowski surely he’s a better option than him?

I think now I’d personally like to see the young unknown / up and comer but Ake would be ready to go so also wouldn’t say no

When you're a team that's just broken records for goals conceded from set pieces and are crying out for more height and authority in the team I'm not so sure Ake is the answer. 

• Like 2