Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

3 minutes ago, LVocey said:

Zinchenko is an excellent footballer. Really good in midfield as well as left back. I’d love him in but can’t see him leaving Man City 

He is a good footballer just not sure if he is a good defender as Man City have so much of the ball he rarely has to do much defending.

26 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We've got to sell before we buy the majority of the players we want this summer. We may well get 1 or 2 in before some go but not in the like for like positions IMO. It's an arduous task but quite frankly we need to cut our squad by 3-4 and get rid of the same amount of new players we want, so we )) be trying to shift up to 10 players. 

I don't envisage us doing much business until well in to July and could be a frantic end to the transfer window I'm afraid.

I listened to RL’s Football Forum and they added some interesting comments - Fofana now has to be added to the squad and previously wasn’t.

With Praet returning from loan and not even including Iversen, I gathered we’re at the 28/9 man squad already so a trim is def required regardless.

As previous windows have shown it can be hard to move players on when 1) on big wages (hey Bertrand and Hamza) and 2) Useless (Hey again Bertrand and Jannik)  

• Like 1

Ben Mee announcing he will leave Burnley. Back up option? 

Pros - PL experience and strong leadership as current Burnley captain, which we are lacking throughout the squad. Option to alternate with Evans when fitness dictates. Would also be available on a free and probably lower wages than Tarkowski. 

Cons - Might not improve on what we have, and patchy fitness last season. Also, a bit older at 32 than other targets. 

A134B5DD-0257-416A-9D52-EF14D543B819.jpeg

86749AC9-1EDD-41FD-A5AF-2DA6C39DD349.png

Edited by W7Fox

On 31/05/2022 at 11:36, Ric Flair said:

It would be sensational but why would Arsenal let him go? They need another centre half 100%. They were good defensively last season but they fell apart towards the end and with Europe they need a player of Saliba's quality and potential, they'd be nuts to let him go. 

Agreed not perhaps likely but, if they do coming knocking for Youri I would be testing how interested they are by asking for Saliba to be part of any deal.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We've got to sell before we buy the majority of the players we want this summer. We may well get 1 or 2 in before some go but not in the like for like positions IMO. It's an arduous task but quite frankly we need to cut our squad by 3-4 and get rid of the same amount of new players we want, so we )) be trying to shift up to 10 players. 

I don't envisage us doing much business until well in to July and could be a frantic end to the transfer window I'm afraid.

Tbh @Ric FlairI can't see us realistically raising much money from sales. The only way I can see some players going is free or minimal fees with us having to supplement wages or loans. What if Soyuncu and Teilemans don't get the clubs or money they are looking for? They might decide not to go this summer and wait till next Jan when they can pre sign. We could realistically end up with net sales on less than 10 million.

Haven't really read the thread so probably suggesting names already given, but for me the positions we need to strengthen and candidates could be:

RW - Madueke (20-25m)
CM - Michael Cuisance (Failed to break through at Bayern, Almost signed for leeds but failed his Medical and ended up at Venezia who got relegated, but he was one of their standout players having signed in January, only 21 and looks a real talent)
LB/LW - Cornet, currently better than Thomas, can play Left wing to cover or challenge Barnes so kills two birds with one stone. 
CB - Nathan Ake (Only 26, probably worth the £40m they are asking, could maybe offer a loan deal with buy option or just splash out with the Tielemans funds)
CB - Tarkowski (Free agent, nobrainer) 
CM - Hassan Aouar (Tielemans replacement, young and captained Lyon multiple times this season, don't know a huge amount about him but he's pretty highly regarded)

Bonus:
CB - Joe Gomez (Klopp clearly doesnt fancy him but that does not make him a bad player, no idea what his value would be but he's still young and has plenty to prove)
CM - Isco (Chucked in because why not, but in reality likely to sign for a bigger club and is on huge wages at Madrid so would need to bring his wages down, probably never happen although we are given odds with the bookmakers for him)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Haven't really read the thread so probably suggesting names already given, but for me the positions we need to strengthen and candidates could be:

RW - Madueke (20-25m)
CM - Michael Cuisance (Failed to break through at Bayern, Almost signed for leeds but failed his Medical and ended up at Venezia who got relegated, but he was one of their standout players having signed in January, only 21 and looks a real talent)
LB/LW - Cornet, currently better than Thomas, can play Left wing to cover or challenge Barnes so kills two birds with one stone. 
CB - Nathan Ake (Only 26, probably worth the £40m they are asking, could maybe offer a loan deal with buy option or just splash out with the Tielemans funds)
CM - Hassan Aouar (Tielemans replacement, young and captained Lyon multiple times this season, don't know a huge amount about him but he's pretty highly regarded)

Bonus:
CB - Joe Gomez (Klopp clearly doesnt fancy him but that does not make him a bad player, no idea what his value would be but he's still young and has plenty to prove)
CM - Isco (Chucked in because why not, but in reality likely to sign for a bigger club and is on huge wages at Madrid so would need to bring his wages down, probably never happen although we are given odds with the bookmakers for him)

I've got to admit I don't usually get too excited by show reels but Michael Cuisance looks ideal for us. Some of those skills and footwork are unreal. Big bonus as well as he looks just as good tracking back and tackling which we know is something Rodgers demands from players.

Need to get the @Ric Flairopinion, he's probably scouted him and watched him for a couple of seasons.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

There is no hard evidence that any other club is interested in our squad players or even Caglar or Youri. You could say that there is a price for everybody and if we offer them cheap somebody will take the bait. However you then run into the pay barrier and it is very unlikely that anybody will willingly accept a pay cut.

• Like 1

We've got a lot of players we need to shift. But do we have that many takers? With the exemption of Tielemans and Soyuncu who should find new clubs. We've got fringe players like Perez, Soumare, Bertrand, Vestergaard, Mendy, Choudury, Praet. I'm assuming Rodgers has got most of these in the shop window. Some of them are decent squad players but realistically none are going to help propel us forward.  I make it around 10 players with uncertain futures. And another thing, do we have the funds to go out and buy our targets before we sell? That seems doubtful as well as the media keep reporting funds are tight. Top is definitely right when he say's it's going to be an interesting summer.

Edited by Haywood_6

On 01/06/2022 at 13:42, Raw Dykes said:

Top 87% is pretty rubbish, isn't it?

Yes, it's garbo. Think the poster has probably misinterpreted that. Either that or they're in agreement with him being unimpressive aerially. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Yes, it's garbo. Think the poster has probably misinterpreted that. Either that or they're in agreement with him being unimpressive aerially. 

He misspoke, he's in the 87th percentile, i.e. the top 13%.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, messerschmitt said:

Tbh @Ric FlairI can't see us realistically raising much money from sales. The only way I can see some players going is free or minimal fees with us having to supplement wages or loans. What if Soyuncu and Teilemans don't get the clubs or money they are looking for? They might decide not to go this summer and wait till next Jan when they can pre sign. We could realistically end up with net sales on less than 10 million.

We'll raise £25m for Tielemans, £20m for Soyuncu, £10m for Praet and then Iheanacho I think will go for £30m. All the fringe players we want to fcuk off will likely be loans, free transfers only. 

I was just looking through the list of players who’s contracts expire in 2023. 

Some interesting names that clubs might look to move on this summer (similar to us with Tielemans), so they get a bit of income. 

You’d think people would want to move to a club where they’ll be playing with the World Cup in December. Some that might suit be considered by us. 

Wilf Zaha - RW

Luke Shaw - LW

Carlos Soler - CM

Fabian Ruiz - CM

Yves Bissoma - CM

Manuel Akanji - CB

Thomas Lemar - LW

Houseem Aouar - CM

Niko Milenkovic - CB

Victor Tsygankov - RW

Renato Sanhez - CM

Evan Ndicka - CB

Marcus Thuram - LW

Oxlaide-Chamberlain - CM

Adrien Rabiot - CM

Jonas Hoffman - RW

Nick Pope - GK

David De Gea - GK

Oh …. Kante and Mahrez as well. 

2 hours ago, Sly said:

I was just looking through the list of players who’s contracts expire in 2023. 

Some interesting names that clubs might look to move on this summer (similar to us with Tielemans), so they get a bit of income. 

You’d think people would want to move to a club where they’ll be playing with the World Cup in December. Some that might suit be considered by us. 

Wilf Zaha - RW

Luke Shaw - LW

Carlos Soler - CM

Fabian Ruiz - CM

Yves Bissoma - CM

Manuel Akanji - CB

Thomas Lemar - LW

Houseem Aouar - CM

Niko Milenkovic - CB

Victor Tsygankov - RW

Renato Sanhez - CM

Evan Ndicka - CB

Marcus Thuram - LW

Oxlaide-Chamberlain - CM

Adrien Rabiot - CM

Jonas Hoffman - RW

Nick Pope - GK

David De Gea - GK

Oh …. Kante and Mahrez as well. 

Shaw, Pope, Bizouma and Zaha are all players with something to offer - how much and who to is debatable. (I’m not including Kante Mahrez and DeGea as realistic options for non top 4/6 sides)

20 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

RW - Madueke (20-25m)

Bonus:

Cuisance, I didn't follow his Italian adventure, but in Marseille it was scandalous, he didn't achieve anything and gained a lot of weight

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Scotch said:

Good defender but we need height and physicality. 

From what I remember he always use to win every ball in the air (not hard against us) when he was at Bournemouth. Unless I just made that up in my head.
He’s not even 6ft which is worrying but the pace and strength is there imo. Obviously height helps (unless your vestergaard) but for me we lacked the ability to read the ball and show desire and aggression to win the ball. We experienced more of a mind set issue this season rather than a physical one I think.