Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

6 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Is it just me or has anyone else got an underwhelmed feeling.

No sales were in the pipeline... no purchases lined up.

Rodgers bleating about rebuilding... but its like we had nothing in the pipeline.

What's going on bros?

Only Villa, Leeds, Man City, and Spurs have made signings that weren't already agreed earlier in the season

We have only just entered June and technically the transfer window isn't even open yet

Plenty of time left, especially if we are having to wait on outgoings before we can sign players, not that simple especially when there is probably a good chance negotiations for players like Youri and Soyuncu could go on for a while if we get low-balled

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Only Villa, Leeds, Man City, and Spurs have made signings that weren't already agreed earlier in the season

We have only just entered June and technically the transfer window isn't even open yet

Plenty of time left, especially if we are having to wait on outgoings before we can sign players, not that simple especially when there is probably a good chance negotiations for players like Youri and Soyuncu could go on for a while if we get low-balled

Yeah, think the domestic window opens on the 10th and all the other major European ones only open July 1st (including the all important Belgian one :ph34r:)

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I think its the silence that makes you more alarmed though. For a squad rebuild youd expect quite a bit of noise and its been relatively quiet. Either the club has drastically reduced the leaks from getting out or we are, as you say, waiting for outgoings first.  

I always worry that when we miss out on a few of our top picks for positions we end up with the wrong type of signings, but I understand that this is just an internal worry. 

Im going to call it early, I think we will miss out on our top cb targets and we are going to throw 25m at Jonathan Tah. (Whether or not hes the right guy for us im not sure, but he certainly drastically improves our set pieces) 

Edited by Lambert09

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

Either the club has drastically reduced the leaks from getting out or we are, as you say, waiting for outgoings first.  

I mean its literally been the same for a couple of years now. We noticed that clubs were going after our targets when leaks were appearing, so we made sure that no leaks happen unless we intentionally want to feed something to the press via Percy or Tanner. 

Just think back 1 year, we were getting linked with Odsonne Edouard all season, then one week its Patson Daka we're after instead and the deal is done. I don't think we're necessarily having to wait for outgoings first because we can be fairly certain of most of them (Soyuncu, Tielemans, Perez, Vestergaard). Either way, as I said in an earlier post, the domestic window doesnt open for another week and the European one not for another 4 (for comparison, the first Tier 1 links with Daka came just a couple of days before the 1st of July last year)

54 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Rodgers bleating about rebuilding... but its like we had nothing in the pipeline.

What's going on bros?

It's the 3rd of June FFS

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

I mean its literally been the same for a couple of years now. We noticed that clubs were going after our targets when leaks were appearing, so we made sure that no leaks happen unless we intentionally want to feed something to the press via Percy or Tanner. 

Just think back 1 year, we were getting linked with Odsonne Edouard all season, then one week its Patson Daka we're after instead and the deal is done. I don't think we're necessarily having to wait for outgoings first because we can be fairly certain of most of them (Soyuncu, Tielemans, Perez, Vestergaard). Either way, as I said in an earlier post, the domestic window doesnt open for another week and the European one not for another 4 (for comparison, the first Tier 1 links with Daka came just a couple of days before the 1st of July last year)

i think the difference is that we were definitely interested in edouard, but he was demanding too much and so we’re celtic. 

we also were very aware of soumare. 

I am personally assuming that we just don’t have anything that close at present.

Obviously we will get things done but I think our top targets are likely exploring all opportunities at the present. CDK the most obvious one. I’m not sure if any other link sounds credible at this point. But even with this one, the reports suggested no bid had gone in. 

I think until we hear from Fab nothing will even be close. As smart as it it, the villa way does deprive their fans of the fun of the anticipation of a signing.  The last I can remember close to this for us was probably Perez 

Zinchenko has always looked a good player when I've watched him and apparently Man C don't want him. Can play quite a few positions as well and would be a good addition to our midfield and also cover full back if they somehow all get injured again. Not sure how much Man C would want. Gallagher from Chelsea would be another good addition to our midfield but no doubt lots of clubs will be after him and he would cost quite a bit. Emmanuel Dennis and Ismaila Sarr would be decent attacking options as well. Would love Nick Pope here as well if Kasper decides to move but I have a feeling he'll still be here next season. 

Edited by jayfox26
  • Like 4

Guest Col city fan
31 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Zinchenko has always looked a good player when I've watched him and apparently Man C don't want him. Can play quite a few positions as well and would be a good addition to our midfield and also cover full back if they somehow all get injured again. Not sure how much Man C would want. Gallagher from Chelsea would be another good addition to our midfield but no doubt lots of clubs will be after him and he would cost quite a bit. Emmanuel Dennis and Ismaila Sarr would be decent attacking options as well. Would love Nick Pope here as well if Kasper decides to move but I have a feeling he'll still be here next season. 

Zinchenko is a great fit for Leicester. He’s not a ‘star’ so won’t command huge wages and he’s good player that can still improve.

I could see him do really well at Leicester 

10 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

What's going on bros?

I’m not optimist

10 hours ago, JimJams said:

Can't believe we haven't spent all the money we've not got yet. 

And also this

We have a great scouting department. But Rodgers’ transfers are rubbish. And we have no European football. We need to sell because we didn’t last season. And our previously top players are worth less after their form disappeared.

I’m hoping for a KDHesq miracle.

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Zinchenko is a great fit for Leicester. He’s not a ‘star’ so won’t command huge wages and he’s good player that can still improve.

If he leaves he'll wind up with a bigger club than us, I'm afraid.

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

he’s quality. I just can’t see it. Even the lowest paid guys at man city are on way more than we would pay. 

He’ll likely end up somewhere like arsenal. 

Christ we are not getting anyone are we?

while other clubs are closing deals we are still waiting on the arses to put an offer in for tiellemans and our surplus to requirements are all gathering dust with zero interest from anywhere. I’ll check back in next month but it will still be the same.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Zinchenko is a solid player but, based on our other priorities I doubt our budget would stretch so we could buy him.

There is more chance we would go for Cornet (based on relegation and release clause).

Spurs asking for £20m for Steven Bergwijn.. thought he’s looked solid whenever I’ve seen him play, though arguably that hasn’t been overly often… feel like that could be a decent bit of business at that price though - if nothing more than to stop him bagging two stoppage time goals against us again next year

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Muzzy_Izzn’t said:

Spurs asking for £20m for Steven Bergwijn.. thought he’s looked solid whenever I’ve seen him play, though arguably that hasn’t been overly often… feel like that could be a decent bit of business at that price though - if nothing more than to stop him bagging two stoppage time goals against us again next year

We wanted him pre Spurs. I think he'd be a good shout 

10 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I’ve been wanting Zinchenko here for a while, he can replace Youri and also allow us to loan out Thomas as he will provide enough cover.

Massively underrated player.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Muzzy_Izzn’t said:

Reportedly on his way to Ajax.