Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

2 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣 you think we can afford him 

Been put on transfer list apparently. I think we will spend a bit we always do and with some sales a little bit more well I hope anyways mate 

23 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Is it just me or has anyone else got an underwhelmed feeling.

No sales were in the pipeline... no purchases lined up.

Rodgers bleating about rebuilding... but its like we had nothing in the pipeline.

What's going on bros?

Surely this is satire? The window hasn't even opened yet!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Muzzy_Izzn’t said:

Spurs asking for £20m for Steven Bergwijn.. thought he’s looked solid whenever I’ve seen him play, though arguably that hasn’t been overly often… feel like that could be a decent bit of business at that price though - if nothing more than to stop him bagging two stoppage time goals against us again next year

....I suggested picking him up a few seasons ago and was sad he ended up at Spurs!!!

If I recall he scored a terrific goal on his debut but could not get himself as a regular in the team. For £20m he would be a good buy, but I feel we could push it more as they are looking to recoup their outlay and would probably take £15m with their refresh for Champions League next season.

If we are bringing in CDK, then we will not have a need for him.

1 hour ago, tetly said:

Ruben loftus-cheek apparently available we should be all over that. Would add some power to the midfield.

Just what we need. More versatile than he looks too. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, tetly said:

Ruben loftus-cheek apparently available we should be all over that. Would add some power to the midfield.

Would be a good addition but earns about the same as Vardy at the moment so probably only happens if Youri is off our books. When confident he has the strength and intelligence to stiffen our midfield considerably.

7 minutes ago, sammy82 said:

I’ve always liked loftus-cheek, very elegant player but not sure about his defensive ability/tracking back if we’re after a box to box number 8 as it seems, happy to be proved wrong tho

We need a ball progresses and passer to fill Youri’s role and he can do that well.

He’s also good in the air.

Loftus-Cheek, Lingard, Moura, Bergwijn, Anthony Martial,

all these shouts just scream average. We need to do better than buying all the unwanted big 6 fringe players, the only club one should be buying fringe players from is perhaps Man City with the silly quality theyve got.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

all these shouts just scream average. We need to do better than buying all the unwanted big 6 fringe players, the only club one should be buying fringe players from is perhaps Man City with the silly quality theyve got.

The sad reality is that we'd struggle to attract most of those you've listed to us let alone anyone better. I do like your ambition though.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nalis said:

The sad reality is that we'd struggle to attract most of those you've listed to us let alone anyone better. I do like your ambition though.

Our entire business model is to get players from outside the top 4/5 leagues and make them work for us before likely selling them on for a profit

Id rather take a punt on 2 or 3 players from the Belgian/ Austrian/ Dutch league than sign any of the players I listed

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

What we apparently need to do and what we can feasibly afford are not often the same thing.  Loftus-Cheeks is a class player and falls into our achievable zone.

• Like 1

Can’t lie I’d 100% have Loftus-Cheek. He would be ideal as a deep playmaker alongside KDH and Ndidi in midfield and would be a good alternative to Tielemans. For me, he’s the perfect example of a player who suits being a big fish in a small pond, if he came to us he would also help with the lack of physical presence in the team. 

Edited by GingerrrFox
  • Like 4

The problem with RLC is he has had quite a few injury problems and knowing our luck he’d spend more time out of the side than in it.

A couple of years ago he looked hungry and someone we should def go for, whilst now he looks like someone who peaked before reaching his full potential.

It’s a no from me, he was dropped at both Palace and Fulham at the latter end of the season too.

• Like 3

Not as clued up on footballers as I once was, back in my Pro Evo / championship manager days… but positionally we cannot go another season without sorting the ‘Mahrez replacement’. Plus a centre back and a centre mid with Soyuncu and Tielemans likely to leave. The squad though probably doesn’t need to be as deep with no European football. 

Will be interesting to see if this rebuild Rodgers kept dragging out in post match interviews happens, because he’ll just look like he was trying to divert attention away from results / performances / set piece issues if not. 

• Like 3

On 04/06/2022 at 11:06, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I’ve been wanting Zinchenko here for a while, he can replace Youri and also allow us to loan out Thomas as he will provide enough cover.

Massively underrated player.

The more I see of him as a midfielder for Ukraine, the more I'd love it if we were to sign him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

The problem with RLC is he has had quite a few injury problems and knowing our luck he’d spend more time out of the side than in it.

A couple of years ago he looked hungry and someone we should def go for, whilst now he looks like someone who peaked before reaching his full potential.

It’s a no from me, he was dropped at both Palace and Fulham at the latter end of the season too.

That's my worry with him, how many players leave big clubs in his situation and actually do any good either. I know some do but plenty don't and the big clubs once again benefit from being paid way over the odds from those trying to chase them for players who have bottomed out.

• Like 3