Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...there was a opportunity to get some academy players on the pitch at the end of the season!!!

I suppose Rodgers prioritised the league position over league debuts.

Going out on loan is a linear progression as opposed to cameos for the first team,  it is the next step up, and we may just see a few going out to learn their trade.

I'd argue he still could have done both in those final games. By having 1-2 on the bench there were 3 of the last 4 games we were comfortably in control of the games and the perfect opportunity to bring them on. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd argue he still could have done both in those final games. By having 1-2 on the bench there were 3 of the last 4 games we were comfortably in control of the games and the perfect opportunity to bring them on. 

Of course, but its a hindsight judgement. If he had have brought 1 or 2 on and end up losing the game, he would be lambasted for loss of prize money and potentially impacting transfer plans (to some small degree)

13 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Of course, but its a hindsight judgement. If he had have brought 1 or 2 on and end up losing the game, he would be lambasted for loss of prize money and potentially impacting transfer plans (to some small degree)

That's true but when are you ever going to get a better chance than the last few games of last season?

Just now, messerschmitt said:

That's true but when are you ever going to get a better chance than the last few games of last season?

Don`t disagree, its a balancing act. If we had no league positions to be gained/secured, they surely must have been given a run out?  I am not sure what the club views as most important, league position (££s) or developing youth (Also ££s)  :dunno:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

We were 3 goals to the good with a chunk of the game left vs Norwich, similar vs Watford with 10 mins left vs Watford and comfortably ahead/out of sight vs Southampton with 15-20 to go. As I said, he could have done both just by naming them on the bench and having the option, didn't mean he HAD to bring them on if circumstance meant what you say was even a remote possibility.

• Like 3

On 06/06/2022 at 16:49, LFox99 said:

Yet another natural LW who gets moved to the right.

Other than that theres 2 other main problems:

-He's on silly wages. Chelsea gave him a massive contract way too early into his career, think its more than Vardy makes.
-Since his achilles injury he's not been anywhere near the same level that Chelsea gave him that contract for.

Yeah true but I think although his natural position is left wing, he really hasn’t had the game time anyway, if he can effectively switch to the right he would pretty much walk into our squad but on the wages yes he would need to take a big wage cut. But he going to have to do that anyway since nobody is going to give him anywhere near what he earns at Chelsea.

3 hours ago, Molson Canadian said:

Joris Chotard from Montpellier is one we should be looking at.  20 years old 57 first team appearances for Montpellier.

Based on 10 seconds of watching this, he’s  practically the Great Wall of France. 

• Like 1

Biggest thing I miss about the Pearson days is he always got transfer business done early, we could sit back and watch others squirm. Looks like he’s bought a few in for Bristol City already this window. Makes no sense to me creating this big rumour mill of disappointment for fans every silly season

• Like 1

Realistically, we’re not going to be doing much business at all. The head of recruitment situation isn’t going to help, and the fact there’s a short turnaround isn’t either. Once the players report back, there will be little opportunity to hammer out deals when there’s a World Cup scheduled in the winter.  

I think we will probably see just two players come in, one of which will be Lookman, and the other a CB.

Im willing to put a tenner on it and say that Youri will still be here by the time the window shuts. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, justfoxes said:

This Welsh wizard still hasn’t decided on his next club so could we be tempted to throw out hats in the ring for his services and bring him in on a free ?

Free but would probably ask for a big signing on fee, considerable wages and “injured” most of the time so fit for Qatar - a big pass from me.

2 hours ago, Filberts lovechild said:

Biggest thing I miss about the Pearson days is he always got transfer business done early, we could sit back and watch others squirm. Looks like he’s bought a few in for Bristol City already this window. Makes no sense to me creating this big rumour mill of disappointment for fans every silly season

There's been absolutely no change to the process since Pearson was here or any other manager. Back then it was Walsh and his team identifying players with the managers approval and then Rudkin negotiating.

Same as now but with different managers and recruitment teams but it's still Rudkin doing the deals.

1 hour ago, justfoxes said:

This Welsh wizard still hasn’t decided on his next club so could we be tempted to throw out hats in the ring for his services and bring him in on a free ?

Until Youri goes I'm not sure there's much room in the side for Ramsey.

:teehee:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Realistically, we’re not going to be doing much business at all. The head of recruitment situation isn’t going to help, and the fact there’s a short turnaround isn’t either. Once the players report back, there will be little opportunity to hammer out deals when there’s a World Cup scheduled in the winter.  

I think we will probably see just two players come in, one of which will be Lookman, and the other a CB.

Im willing to put a tenner on it and say that Youri will still be here by the time the window shuts. 

Calm down my friend. Take some buddha tea. Window hasn't opened yet. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Shane said:

Omar Richards is available if we need a fullback.

Super underrated player actually - not sure what Nagelsmann has against him, but I'd be happy for us to take advantage of that and get him in.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There's been absolutely no change to the process since Pearson was here or any other manager. Back then it was Walsh and his team identifying players with the managers approval and then Rudkin negotiating.

Same as now but with different managers and recruitment teams but it's still Rudkin doing the deals.

...it is not the process he is talking about, but the urgency to get the deal done as soon as the season was over!!!

You get the feeling that Pearson drove the initiative as to avoid a competitive situation arising. 

47 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I could be making this up but I'm sure I read a while back, Rodgers saying that the process for signings was him, head of recruitment and Rudkin decide on a three man shortlist for the positions needed then Rudkin is left to go try and get it done...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it is not the process he is talking about, but the urgency to get the deal done as soon as the season was over!!!

You get the feeling that Pearson drove the initiative as to avoid a competitive situation arising. 

Pearson didn't give toss about ruffling the hierarchys feathers...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Calm down my friend. Take some buddha tea. Window hasn't opened yet. 

I am calm. I’m just saying realistically how are we going to do this “refresh” with a limited window and the need to get players out the door before we bring players in. We could spend the entire window trying to negotiate a good deal for one player leaving. Brendan’s comments could leave a lot of fans disgruntled. He speaks of wanting a bit of an overhaul, but it just isn’t feasible this summer. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I am calm. I’m just saying realistically how are we going to do this “refresh” with a limited window and the need to get players out the door before we bring players in. We could spend the entire window trying to negotiate a good deal for one player leaving. Brendan’s comments could leave a lot of fans disgruntled. He speaks of wanting a bit of an overhaul, but it just isn’t feasible this summer. 

I couldn't agree more to be honest!. I'm massively concerned about the lack of white noise on targets, fees, outgoing players etc.... usually there would be some connections by now? 

Which means I agree with what you are saying about BR's qoutes...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1