Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

38 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I couldn't agree more to be honest!. I'm massively concerned about the lack of white noise on targets, fees, outgoing players etc.... usually there would be some connections by now? 

Which means I agree with what you are saying about BR's qoutes...

Would there? We always operate in the shadows it seems to me, no noise is quite normal for us I reckon

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

The financial landscape has completely changed since Pearson was here though. We had much more financial flexibility when he was here than we face now where essentially we are maxed out each year and have to do some careful maneuvering to get what we want. I can very well see why it takes time, however frustrating that is.

Pearson had the environment of the riches of the PL but with the majority of his players on Championship wages and therefore was much wasier to increase total wages, purchase players etc. We then won the PL after he went, qualified for the latter stages of the UCL and regularly cashed in on a high value asset. But in recent years I can see how it's become a much slower and careful process.

Thanks for that. Sometimes it's easier to forget the historical side. 

I can understand why Pearson could have probably have more than a few set toos in the beginning especially with the owner transitions/debt & finances and then dealing with promotion. Plus back in 2008/09 we had that global recession. 

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Would there? We always operate in the shadows it seems to me, no noise is quite normal for us I reckon

Take fofana the year before last and Daka/Lookman last year. These were doing the rounds earlier than at this point now. 

If BR has quoted 6, that's why I'm surprised. 

Just now, UHDrive said:

Take fofana the year before last and Daka/Lookman last year. These were doing the rounds earlier than at this point now. 

Were they more than rumours? Our rumours, such as CDK and others like Vieira, that lad from Hull, they seem just social media noise, I cannot recall if Daka/Lookman was actually much more than that? May well be wrong and they could have felt more concrete  :dunno:

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Were they more than rumours? Our rumours, such as CDK and others like Vieira, that lad from Hull, they seem just social media noise, I cannot recall if Daka/Lookman was actually much more than that? May well be wrong and they could have felt more concrete  :dunno:

If we are talking rumours it's best if i just give in 😂

Pearson had the environment of the riches of the PL but with the majority of his players on Championship wages and therefore was much wasier to increase total wages, purchase players etc

...we came up and our season was 2014- 2015!!!

We would have been on Championship finances at the time surely. He went at the end of the season so there was very little time for him to throw any money around. We then won the League the next season with predominantly his Championship band of players  and a Ranieri tweak for best effect.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

I can barely remember yesterday, you are bound to be better at recollection than me!   lol

It's always the way! It's like having fads at home. I usually either box set/read/walk. I only do one though, but the last couple of years foxestalk has given me OCD with transfer time. If its not this I'm toggling between Google and other fans forums and online twitter itk's in connection with specific targets. Im gutted that Liam and the chopper don't do the rounds anymore but understandable. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we came up and our season was 2014- 2015!!!

We would have been on Championship finances at the time surely. He went at the end of the season so there was very little time for him to throw any money around. We then won the League the next season with predominantly his Championship band of players  and a Ranieri tweak for best effect.

When we came up we immediately had access to PL money so making signings and improving wages in the summer of 2014 would have been a huge shift in flexibility than before and what we are seeing now where we have maxed out our turnover to wages ratio. When you get promoted and you get the influx, you can essentially increase wages by about 300% and not have much trouble.

That's why you'll have likely seen plenty of early business done before Pearson was sacked where we'd agreed deals for Fuchs, Okazaki and Huth in May/June. We'd not only had 1 years PL money and then stayed up so we really had the comfort blanket to start increasing wages to PL standard and try and buy some real quality.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

When we came up we immediately had access to PL money so making signings and improving wages in the summer of 2014 would have been a huge shift in flexibility than before and what we are seeing now where we have maxed out our turnover to wages ratio. When you get promoted and you get the influx, you can essentially increase wages by about 300% and not have much trouble.

That's why you'll have likely seen plenty of early business done before Pearson was sacked where we'd agreed deals for Fuchs, Okazaki and Huth in May/June. We'd not only had 1 years PL money and then stayed up so we really had the comfort blanket to start increasing wages to PL standard and try and buy some real quality.

I'm no expert on this but reflecting on conversations on FT in the past then isn't it possible to stretch the wage band without incurring too much in the way of a penalty? I.e. Everton etc..

I'm not advocating! Just curious. 

25 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I'm no expert on this but reflecting on conversations on FT in the past then isn't it possible to stretch the wage band without incurring too much in the way of a penalty? I.e. Everton etc..

I'm not advocating! Just curious. 

Yes, if you're willing to risk it but our owners absolutely won't. I think they're very mindful of how we were painted after the issues with the EFL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

...talking about being in unison...!!!

220px-Christian_Fuchs_and_Robert_Huth.jpg

• Like 1

Going against the consensous on this wobbly-wibbly forum....

Luke Thomas will be One of our future young players,who becomes part of building up  our next  successful future phase...

No loan,no fringe player...That FB & WB mix, will be his....

I like Castagna & Ricardo, want both to Stay & help Justin & Thomas to become Foxes Major-stays & Part of the young ones era,

while still  having top decent time with Leicester...

Thomas,Barnes,Maddison,Fofana,Justin ( add probably Iverson) will become those b.bone  names to our 1St choices & squad...

2 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Disagree there. Have to remind the French Ligue Un didn't complete their season because of covid and we didn't finish our season until end of July. 

International break was restricted to one week in June that year as well. We are competing for different players now, majority of which are internationals. Deals which occur earlier in the summer and normally those with an overinflated transfer fee or a player the club don't want/know they are going to lose. People really underestimate how the transfer market works. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Going against the consensous on this wobbly-wibbly forum....

Luke Thomas will be One of our future young players,who becomes part of building up  our next  successful future phase...

No loan,no fringe player...That FB & WB mix, will be his....

I like Castagna & Ricardo, want both to Stay & help Justin & Thomas to become Foxes Major-stays & Part of the young ones era,

while still  having top decent time with Leicester...

Thomas,Barnes,Maddison,Fofana,Justin ( add probably Iverson) will become those b.bone  names to our 1St choices & squad...

Add Daka to that, I think he will be scoring for fun next season 

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Fofana: nothing came from our side really, all the noise was out of France and that was because St Etienne (and Puel) were being very vocal about wanting a lot of money for him

Castagne: a few rumours out of Belgium/Italy we were interested, but nothing concrete just that we were interested and once Chilwell left it was done pretty quickly

Soumare: we knew about that deal for ages with a lot of reports out of France

Daka: there was a lot noise around Edouard, then the rumours about Daka came out and 2 weeks later he was announced

Lookman: the first news was 30th August and was signed next day on deadline day

Basically if the player is coming from France there will be a lot of media updates and noise, anywhere else will just be rumours about our interest and any deal started and completed pretty quickly (as far as we know, deals could be going on for ages in the background without us hearing anything)

Thanks for this. I was about to go digging through old threads because that didn't seem right to me at all - I can remember Lookman being very late in the window and it being a complete surprise, as I hadn't seen any mention of him being linked before.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I really hope this is true

Seems exactly what we need, left footed, big CB, strong in the air with only a year left on his contract. Also Mainz captain so should have decent leadership skills. 

The most sensible option tbf, even if we would love a Colwill or Richards 

• Like 1

Just now, Foxes96 said:

Seems exactly what we need, left footed, big CB, strong in the air with only a year left on his contract. Also Mainz captain so should have decent leadership skills. 

The most sensible option tbf, even if we would love a Colwill or Richards 

Sounds suspiciously like another recent purchase of ours… :ph34r:

Would have much higher hopes for Niakhaté though