Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

23 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Chris Richards is a very similar player to Fofana, and you need to not be too on the front foot, you can't have two defenders chancing their arms, trying to win the ball, stepping in from behind the attacker.

No point signing the likes of Richards & Niakhate then. 

They press too hard and far too aggressive :P

I wonder if Gary Cahill is available this summer 🤔

17 minutes ago, kingfox said:

No point signing the likes of Richards & Niakhate then. 

They press too hard and far too aggressive :P

I wonder if Gary Cahill is available this summer 🤔

....I see Niakhate as the more defensive one in the pairing!!!

Someone will have to play the Evans role.

19 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I see Niakhate as the more defensive one in the pairing!!!

Someone will have to play the Evans role.

So Niakhate would have to completely change his game then, as he is an aggressive defender who likes to press & intercept. 

33 minutes ago, kingfox said:

So Niakhate would have to completely change his game then, as he is an aggressive defender who likes to press & intercept. 

I think he probably means in regard to carrying the ball forward and making the sorts of ambitious passes forward that Fofana and Soyuncu have done better than most (that said Niakhate ranks high-ish for progressive passes)

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think he probably means in regard to carrying the ball forward and making the sorts of ambitious passes forward that Fofana and Soyuncu have done better than most (that said Niakhate ranks high-ish for progressive passes)

He said you can’t have two defenders chancing their arms, trying to win the ball and stepping in from behind the attacker.

That’s everything with being aggressive and pressing.

Niakhate averages more presses than Fofana & Richards.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, kingfox said:

He said you can’t have two defenders chancing their arms, trying to win the ball and stepping in from behind the attacker.

That’s everything with being aggressive and pressing.

Niakhate averages more presses than Fofana & Richards.

That's what we need, to play the style Rodgers wants we have to defend aggressively and high. Quick defenders help too.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That's what we need, to play the style Rodgers wants we have to defend aggressively and high. Quick defenders help too.

Exactly. 

Evans may not be as aggressive like Fofana, but he still plays in that similar manner of pressing high, intercepting and reading the game.

No idea why he said you can’t have two defenders who play that way, when that’s exactly our style under Rodgers.

Niakhate & Richards tick numerous boxes to the way we play, the doubt I have with Niakhate is his ball carrying ability, that’s the main reason why I’d prefer Richards, as I said earlier, he just looks a better all round fit 👍🏻

17 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Exactly. 

Evans may not be as aggressive like Fofana, but he still plays in that similar manner of pressing high, intercepting and reading the game.

No idea why he said you can’t have two defenders who play that way, when that’s exactly our style under Rodgers.

Niakhate & Richards tick numerous boxes to the way we play, the doubt I have with Niakhate is his ball carrying ability, that’s the main reason why I’d prefer Richards, as I said earlier, he just looks a better all round fit 👍🏻

Would love Richards here

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

A New season...Rodgers might have other ideas...

Would anyone take Kim Min Jae from fenerbache? I think we were linked a while ago whilst he was playing in China. He’s been raved about after his last season, not sure if he fits the LCB but seems a really strong, defensively solid player. Shouldn’t be too expensive either I wouldn’t think? 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dusty said:

Would anyone take Kim Min Jae from fenerbache? I think we were linked a while ago whilst he was playing in China. He’s been raved about after his last season, not sure if he fits the LCB but seems a really strong, defensively solid player. Shouldn’t be too expensive either I wouldn’t think? 

Apparently Conte wants him at Spurs after playing very impressively at Fenerbache and some reports say they have made an offer for him lasy week. Everton also interested in. 

We were linked with him and Bremer when we  opted to sign Fofana. (Leicester seem to notice these players before the big teams get interested in them but don't go for them....until after afew years and there worth 20m odd 😒)

We can't get Bremer and Saliba maybe wants to stay in France or Arsenal. 

Kims is the type of strong defender we need who isn't afraid to get stuck in and it will increase are image in South Korea.

Over to you Ric Flair...how do you rate him?

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

Not too sure we would be able to get him but if we are after a similar kind of player to Tielemans to replace him then Fabian Ruiz for €30m would be brilliant business

Napoli are basically in the exact same position with him as we are with Tielemans

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Not too sure we would be able to get him but if we are after a similar kind of player to Tielemans to replace him then Fabian Ruiz for €30m would be brilliant business

Napoli are basically in the exact same position with him as we are with Tielemans

I would love it but, much like Tielemans, I think his sights are set on a CL contender

31 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I refuse to believe that this many people have watched enough of Richards and Niakhate to make suggestions over who is a better fit lol 

Agreed just get them both in…sell Cags and Jannik - sorted 👌🏻

• Like 1

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Fabian is class. We need to get this calibre of player if we're going to get back into Europe

9 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Rebuild going well then! Really picking up pace 😴

Patience.

...is a player I've heard we're after. Or was it Patients, to fill our treatment room?

Edited by CloudFox
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

@Finnegan is Dylan Levitt worth a look? Hes had a very good season on loan in the SPL and i think he wants out at Utd. I imagine we've got our own academy players who will be ad good, if not better than him but he's an interesting one.

Not really. 

Not up to Premiership quality. Certainly not currently. Probably needs a good stint in the Championship. 

Assuming he'd cost actual proper money, we'd be better investing it in the actual first team. 

• Like 1

Its been nearly an hour and we havent signed anyone, don't know if I can back Brendan any further... shambles

On a serious note, the earliest I see us getting any news is once the internationals are over in a weeks time other than that, probably in 3 weeks once the major European windows open on July 1st