Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

30 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Ziyech is available :cap:

I saw that but his Chelsea wages are hideous.

Also, think he’s actually proven to be not that good in the Prem, not sure I could deal with seeing him slowly meander around the pitch like he appears to have done for the majority of his Chelsea career.

Ozil has fallen out with Fenerbahce and looks like he will have to move on or retire. I know we like to buy young talent that can improve and possibly sell on but we did sign Cambiasso. At 33 years old he could play a similar role to Pirlo or Modric for us and would be a good replacement for Thielemans if he goes. I think Maddison and Dewsbury Hall would learn from playing alongside him as well. Remember his outstanding performance against us a couple of seasons ago at Arsenal.

• Haha 3

How serious were the rumours for David Neres the other year? I might be misremembering but it felt as if it wasn't just a silly rumour.

Only started 5 games last year for Ajax, turned 25 recently.

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

How serious were the rumours for David Neres the other year? I might be misremembering but it felt as if it wasn't just a silly rumour.

Only started 5 games last year for Ajax, turned 25 recently.

...a few seasons ago, he would have been the only player who I wanted to come here!!!

If I remember correctly,  I  said at the time that watching him play, would have been worth the entrance fee on its own. 

Wasn't there rumors of disquiet at his club?.

He really needs a shake up at the moment and like Ziyech, he may gave waited too long to come to the Premier League. 

• Like 1

Is it too early in the cycle to start feeling a sense of doom and gloom about this window? All I’m reading is links for our best players to go , our top targets being diverted elsewhere and us enquiring about other clubs’ unwanted garbage . I’m hoping this is all click bait and unsubstantiated paper nonsense but I’m getting a tad worried . 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Scotch said:

What's the deal with Tetê? Do Lyon have th option to buy? Are Donestk looking to sell? Anyone know because his goals/assists have been very good for Lyon. 

Think it was a contract until the end of the season. Really hope we're still in for him.

Edit: some conflicting reports, but ultimately sounds like it was a loan, no option to buy. Lyon possibly being priced out of a move now.

Edited by CloudFox
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Is it too early in the cycle to start feeling a sense of doom and gloom about this window? All I’m reading is links for our best players to go , our top targets being diverted elsewhere and us enquiring about other clubs’ unwanted garbage . I’m hoping this is all click bait and unsubstantiated paper nonsense but I’m getting a tad worried . 

Yes, it's way too early. Window's only just opened today! Everyone's either on holiday or away on international duty, anyway.

I wouldn't worry too much about any links or speculation, or lack of it, either. We tend to be pretty good at getting deals done under the radar, so it won't be a big shock if we sign a player before we've heard any rumours about it.

Re: outgoings - Youri and Cags will likely leave for modest but potentially decent fees, but other than that, it'll either be players we don't want, or a player we want to keep, but get offered a fee we can't turn down. I saw the links re: Fofana. It's nonsense. He's just signed a new contract. We can name our price.

Cool your jets. There's another 7 weeks of this shit yet.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

3 new members of staff with the potential of 2 others seem to be the priority at the moment.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

3 new members of staff with the potential of 2 others seem to be the priority at the moment.

Which would those be? Presumably to fill Head of Recruitment, Head of Analysis, and...? Plus two others, but for what?

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

What's the deal with Tetê? Do Lyon have th option to buy? Are Donestk looking to sell? Anyone know because his goals/assists have been very good for Lyon. 

...last I heard was that he was staying where he is!!!

Certainly would be a great pick up for us.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Solihullfox said:

Hopefully a defensive coach who has a vague idea of how to set up and command the box properly at set pieces/corners rather than lining up like a Riverdance tribute ensemble who are instructed to stay at least 2 yards from anyone wearing an opponent’s shirt

...hard to stop laughing at this comment, it is quite easy to imagine!!!

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Surely we've got enough resources to deal with staff and player recruitment at the same time

• Like 4