Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

If zinchenko fits from a financial side and he wants to come here I think this would be a very good signing. His handling of recent events has been very mature and he is clearly very talented. He would be a good signing to replace Tielemans in my opinion and has a good temperamnet from what I can see. I cannot see it happening though as why would

Man City want to let him go, unless of course the player has stated he wants to leave. I may have just missed this though! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

No chance with the way Brendan plays. He couldn't play out from the back, he's just an old fashioned win it back and lump it forward centre back. Good in the air and a good defender but would be as unsuitable in our system as big Yan is given his lack of pace and our high line  

Its funny how Mee and Tarkowski are unsuitable but Evans is. Jonny is a great , intelligent CB but pace is not his strongest point. Our high line tactics are going to be exposed sooner or later anyway as Man.City and Liverpool's increasingly are. A fast attacker who can stay onside and an accurate passing deep lying midfielder can unstitch this tactic quickly. . Of course you need to beat the in your face press but a strong midfielder who can hold up the ball can do this. Pirlo would have loved to play against Man.City.

23 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

If zinchenko fits from a financial side and he wants to come here I think this would be a very good signing. His handling of recent events has been very mature and he is clearly very talented. He would be a good signing to replace Tielemans in my opinion and has a good temperamnet from what I can see. I cannot see it happening though as why would

Man City want to let him go, unless of course the player has stated he wants to leave. I may have just missed this though! 

Man City are going in for Cucurella apparently, so if that happens it pushes Zinchenko down to 3rd choice left back, and you'd assume that he'd want out and they'd be happy with the cash.

1 hour ago, MalletFox said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned in previous pages here, but I wouldn’t be against bringing Ben Mee in on a free transfer (just seen he’s left Burnley), a left sided CB, steady enough and aggressive. Think he would be a good addition.

I've said this before that Burnley fans on Twitter have said the reason Tarkowarski  been really poor this season is because he needs Ben Mee to play along side of him to give him instructions and talk to him. When Ben Mee's been injured Tarkowarski's been s*** ........Ben could be our next Evans 

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

37 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Seen reports he is open to a move so long as buying club is willing to play him in midfield (where we plays for his country).

At 25 he is a good age but 2 yrs on his contract so you won’t see much change from £25-30m which is top end of what the sale to Youri will net us.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Its funny how Mee and Tarkowski are unsuitable but Evans is. Jonny is a great , intelligent CB but pace is not his strongest point. Our high line tactics are going to be exposed sooner or later anyway as Man.City and Liverpool's increasingly are. A fast attacker who can stay onside and an accurate passing deep lying midfielder can unstitch this tactic quickly. . Of course you need to beat the in your face press but a strong midfielder who can hold up the ball can do this. Pirlo would have loved to play against Man.City.

You can't compare Evans and Mee. Evans is a ball playing defender who can comfortably spray passes around  and Mee is just an old fashioned centre back who will just hoof it clear and isn't comfortable on the ball at all. Evans doesn't need to be quick as he is one step ahead of most in his brain. Evans is a rolls Royce compared to Mee

4 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

You can't compare Evans and Mee. Evans is a ball playing defender who can comfortably spray passes around  and Mee is just an old fashioned centre back who will just hoof it clear and isn't comfortable on the ball at all. Evans doesn't need to be quick as he is one step ahead of most in his brain. Evans is a rolls Royce compared to Mee

I agree he is a different class to Mee , I was just talking about pace. However when it comes to the Huth - Morgan type of defending where ability in the air, blocking and legal , penalty area tackling are concerned Tarkowski and Mee  have been very effective.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Jonny Evans also had a career littered with trophies. Ben Mee doesn’t. 

43 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I agree he is a different class to Mee , I was just talking about pace. However when it comes to the Huth - Morgan type of defending where ability in the air, blocking and legal , penalty area tackling are concerned Tarkowski and Mee  have been very effective.

Agreed but it doesn't fit the way we play anymore under Rodgers, which is why Mee wouldn't fit here. And at 33 years old he's well past his best 

46 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

.. I  would suppose if we sat deep and play on the counter, then Mee would be an effective option!!!

As far as i can remember, everytime we come up against him, he has been a very difficult wall to break down.  He reads the game well and is top class when it comes to putting his body on the line to make blocks, and he is quicker than you think at closing down.

The big question is, can he play a high line?

On 11/06/2022 at 12:51, jayfox26 said:

No chance with the way Brendan plays. He couldn't play out from the back, he's just an old fashioned win it back and lump it forward centre back. Good in the air and a good defender but would be as unsuitable in our system as big Yan is given his lack of pace and our high line  

Is Mee any slower than Evans? Definitely don’t put him in the Vesty bracket for pace!

52 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Is Mee any slower than Evans? Definitely don’t put him in the Vesty bracket for pace!

As I said earlier, you cannot compare Evans and Mee, Evans is a miles better player so doesn't need to have pace. Mee would be so unsuited to our style of play, it would be frightening to watch. Plus we really shouldn't be looking at 33 year old players 

1 hour ago, lcfcsnow said:

I wasn't sure where to post this but it seems a trend lately that we're so slow at getting things done. For example for the last few seasons we hardly have any friendlies scheduled, still not released the kits for next season, transfer dealings both in and out seem delayed, we don't make decisions on players quick enough and have an endless amount of backup players hanging around (poor safe recruitment played a part here but are we missing out on targets due to us being hesitant here too?).

But at least we can say our fan base are the fastest to judge 😉 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Have we discussed Minamino being available for something silly like £17 million from Liverpool? Surely he's a reasonable signing we could make, especially if we shift Perez, Paet and Albrighton being in the twilight of his career? 

another right footed winger, we might as well make Lookman permanent

5 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

As I said earlier, you cannot compare Evans and Mee, Evans is a miles better player so doesn't need to have pace. Mee would be so unsuited to our style of play, it would be frightening to watch. Plus we really shouldn't be looking at 33 year old players 

Well, actually, you can compare Mee and Evans and when you’re referring to playing the high-line then comparing pace is a logical thing to look at.

Mee would be our 3rd best centre back in my view and would be an adequate backup to an increasingly injured Evans.

I like my CB’s to be able to defend first and foremost (aka Huth & Morgan), and I think he can knock a ball around as comfortably as he’d need to here.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MalletFox said:

Well, actually, you can compare Mee and Evans and when you’re referring to playing the high-line then comparing pace is a logical thing to look at.

Mee would be our 3rd best centre back in my view and would be an adequate backup to an increasingly injured Evans.

I like my CB’s to be able to defend first and foremost (aka Huth & Morgan), and I think he can knock a ball around as comfortably as he’d need to here.

We'll agree to disagree. Mee would be a dreadful signing 

• Sad 1

On 08/06/2022 at 18:20, Shane said:

Isaak Toure (Le Havre). Linked with all the big clubs in France. 

6ft 9 lol, left footed CB, 19 years old and in the last year of his contract. Gerrimin and send him out on loan.

edit. highlights from last season:

Marseille want him for €6m as a replacement for Saliba. 

Could be the next Fofana, he is massive lol

• Like 1