Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

4 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Something isn't right in the background. If you want 5 or 6 players and have thought this since January then you should have at least 1 or 2 lined up by now. They've had 6 months to work on this.

There's no point waiting till the window opens then thinking of bidding. 

Either that or they're doing a great job of keeping things quiet and we're going to be pleasantly surprised in a couple of weeks.

That’s the thing.

A lot of us on here have said, ignore Rodgers and what he spouts in his press conferences but if he didn’t deflect our shocking derby result against Forest with the first mutterings of this “rebuild” would we all be feeling less panicky?

I’d confidently say yes, we were all hoping/expecting for a positive window, it is still early days but history shows the players who were identified early and join the squad early on typically out perform those panic signings.

With that said, I’m going to be more nervous after these last fixtures of the glorified friendlies and still not signed or even strongly (reputably) linked with players who improve our starting 11.

I’ve been really impressed with Nathan Collins watching Ireland the last few games.

He’s good on the ball, good in the air and fairly rapid for a 6ft 4 lad!

Hes been standout player for Ireland the past few games and scored a fantastic goal tonight.

• Like 4

Ilaix Moriaba or Ndombele on loan?

I know Ndombele is on high wages so we would probably need Tottenham to cover some of them. I don't know who will take him on permanently but there's still a real player there.

• Like 1

Just now, Phenom said:

Ilaix Moriaba

Really shit attitude, forced his way out of Barca to get a move to Leipzig because he thought he was bigger than the club, ended up not playing much at all in Germany.

1 minute ago, Phenom said:

or Ndombele on loan?

Mental wages, if you thought we had injury prone players before or that our midfielders showed a lack of desire, wait til you see him

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

That’s the thing.

A lot of us on here have said, ignore Rodgers and what he spouts in his press conferences but if he didn’t deflect our shocking derby result against Forest with the first mutterings of this “rebuild” would we all be feeling less panicky?

I’d confidently say yes, we were all hoping/expecting for a positive window, it is still early days but history shows the players who were identified early and join the squad early on typically out perform those panic signings.

With that said, I’m going to be more nervous after these last fixtures of the glorified friendlies and still not signed or even strongly (reputably) linked with players who improve our starting 11.

Makes you wonder how long the ‘rebuild’ has been planned? Was it first

mention by him after forest or had talks behind the scenes happened November/December time with us not looking like qualifying for Europe even back then? 

1 hour ago, jmono84 said:

I’ve been really impressed with Nathan Collins watching Ireland the last few games.

Hes been standout player for Ireland the past few games and scored a fantastic goal tonight.

If he was called Collinsinho people would be raving about him!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Phenom said:

How about Ricki Puig? Highly regarded at Barca but he's been passed up by some world class talents at CM. Has played well when he's had a chance. Barca are only asking for 8.5 million for him. 

Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 2.03.03 PM.png

470 minutes in their league this season, dont even know if you can call it a purple patch, Kele's FBref numbers were up there with Mbappe after last season, its a bit misleading. Also, just look at those defensive stats, thats genuinely dreadful

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Phenom said:

How about Ricki Puig? Highly regarded at Barca but he's been passed up by some world class talents at CM. Has played well when he's had a chance. Barca are only asking for 8.5 million for him. 

Going forward ok

But if you thought the likes of Ayoze doesn’t track back, you wanna see this lad! Zero defensive intent!

1 hour ago, Phenom said:

I'd be very nervous his stature and style of play would be smashed to pieces in the PL but you never know, loan with an option to buy maybe.

3 hours ago, jmono84 said:

We would not go wrong signing Collins. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, jmono84 said:

I’m sure we were linked with him at some point before he went to Burnley.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Supergray22 said:

Spurs are picking up some good signings already. I think Bissouma would have done well here and is the sort of player we want soumare to become. I’d be very surprised if our club hadn’t looked at him.  

Things are definitely looking up for Spurs. Conte has shown that when he's allowed to bring the players he wants to play his specific system, good things happen. Spurs long search for a trophy could be ending.

Loan to buy may be the theme of the summer transfer window is reports like Rob Tanner’s article in the Athletic today prove correct.

Very little funds to go into the market and the only interest in our fringe players appears on loan.

23 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

Loan to buy may be the theme of the summer transfer window is reports like Rob Tanner’s article in the Athletic today prove correct.

Very little funds to go into the market and the only interest in our fringe players appears on loan.

The thing is, I don't see where we have the money next summer. In fact it'll be even worse next summer with so many players out of contract or with only a year left. 

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The thing is, I don't see where we have the money next summer. In fact it'll be even worse next summer with so many players out of contract or with only a year left. 

Expecting it will either be Fofana or Maddison (or maybe both) next summer

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Agreed. League positions 6 through 10 will be more competitive and I am sure Brendan will push Top to free up some cash but I think the refresh may not be as significant as many hope. Myself included.

Don't see why people are surprised we don't have loads of cash.

Generally, since we have returned to the PL it has been 20m + income.

We are going to see Cags and Youri go which we a little luck bring in 50m.

70m should be enough to recruit an RW, CB and CM if we shop wisely.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Expecting it will either be Fofana or Maddison (or maybe both) next summer

With only a year left next summer (unless he signs a new one) we'd not fetch enough for Maddison to do that much with given how many others are leaving. Fofana is the obvious one, it's why I'd look to cash in on Iheanacho and Ndidi this summer too if we could.

• Like 1