Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

9 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

There's no way we're selling NDiddi unless it's for huge money.

He's the first name on the team sheet when fit. 

Kelechi maybe if the price is right about 50 m for a proven prem scorer.

Kel will get us £25-30m probs. Don’t think Ndidi is an invaluable as he once was either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dusty said:

Kel will get us £25-30m probs. Don’t think Ndidi is an invaluable as he once was either.

Gabriel Jesus is reported to be going to Arsenal for 50 million. Surely with a better goal average Kelechi has to be worth a similar fee.

NDiddi is still the best at what he does in the Premiership.

If his touch and passing was a little better he'd be snapped up by the big Clubs.

I doubt he'd be considered for sale.

Kel is too erratic to get 50mill. He fluffs good chances but scores out of nothing. While the end result might be the same I think most clubs want a more assured goalscorer. And if he was that, we'd keep him.

Which we are doing.

So is he that?

25 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Gabriel Jesus is reported to be going to Arsenal for 50 million. Surely with a better goal average Kelechi has to be worth a similar fee.

NDiddi is still the best at what he does in the Premiership.

If his touch and passing was a little better he'd be snapped up by the big Clubs.

I doubt he'd be considered for sale.

Unfortunately kel is nowhere near the same value as Jesus. Kel is decent, he’s inconsistent and only had one impressive premier league season. In the right system he’s class, but that limits the pool so considerably.

If you look at the teams above us, and top teams abroad none of them have a player like Ndidi, a solely ball winning midfielder. He’s just not in demand. Although we’d value him at £40-50m, no teams would pay that for him. 

• Like 2

I like Iheanacho but £50mil lol I sadly think we'll do well to get half of that. I think I'm not feeling overly optimistic about incoming fees though. Half of the trick with negotiation is having a strong starting point. Nobody is going to be trying to bulldoze us down for any of our players.

Let this be a lesson really of why to never spend money on players who won't improve the first team. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Kel is too erratic to get 50mill. He fluffs good chances but scores out of nothing. While the end result might be the same I think most clubs want a more assured goalscorer. And if he was that, we'd keep him.

Which we are doing.

So is he that?

That's fair comment on Kelechi.

Just now, Clever Fox said:

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. 

Why are Utd and Barca reported to be chasing Kante.

Last year of his contract so obviously Barca will be interested in yet another cheap signing.

United on the other hand think he's going to solve their DM problems.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
31 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I like Iheanacho but £50mil lol I sadly think we'll do well to get half of that. I think I'm not feeling overly optimistic about incoming fees though. Half of the trick with negotiation is having a strong starting point. Nobody is going to be trying to bulldoze us down for any of our players.

Let this be a lesson really of why to never spend money on players who won't improve the first team. 

Absolutely spot on

We’re going to suffer still from last summer’s awful recruitment strategy

39 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Unfortunately kel is nowhere near the same value as Jesus. Kel is decent, he’s inconsistent and only had one impressive premier league season. In the right system he’s class, but that limits the pool so considerably.

If you look at the teams above us, and top teams abroad none of them have a player like Ndidi, a solely ball winning midfielder. He’s just not in demand. Although we’d value him at £40-50m, no teams would pay that for him. 

Villa might

3 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Villa might

The trouble with Wilf is that there is no-one quite like him in this league, and the benefit of Wilf is that there is no-one quite like him in the league. I love Wilf, and I do not want him to go, but he is a bit out of vogue in current tactical thinking I reckon, as he is too ‘uncultured’ with the ball at feet.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Absolutely spot on

We’re going to suffer still from last summer’s awful recruitment strategy

I don't think it's just last summer. The Praet situation has become another Silva/Slimani. Everyone points to Bertrand and Vestergaard (rightly) but I think the debacle of signing Praet for good money, putting him on good money to convince him to come, not really making him anything other than bit-part, loaning him out while we still pay his wages - to then downgrade and sign Soumare. That's the kind of inefficiency that will catch up with a club of our size and why I think it's imperative we recruit cleverly.

I'd sooner we had a summer where we signed only one player than a repeat of a year ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I don't think it's just last summer. The Praet situation has become another Silva/Slimani. Everyone points to Bertrand and Vestergaard (rightly) but I think the debacle of signing Praet for good money, putting him on good money to convince him to come, not really making him anything other than bit-part, loaning him out while we still pay his wages - to then downgrade and sign Soumare. That's the kind of inefficiency that will catch up with a club of our size and why I think it's imperative we recruit cleverly.

I'd sooner we had a summer where we signed only one player than a repeat of a year ago.

It’s not an exact science though. Both Praet and Soumare could have turned out to be World beaters like our Kante’s and Mahrez’s but turn out both to have their respective limitations. It’s always a risk signing non proven Prem players from abroad and in the main that’s our model. If it were easy everybody would be doing it and smashing it 100% of the time. Always a gamble.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nick said:

It’s not an exact science though. Both Praet and Soumare could have turned out to be World beaters like our Kante’s and Mahrez’s but turn out both to have their respective limitations. It’s always a risk signing non proven Prem players from abroad and in the main that’s our model. If it were easy everybody would be doing it and smashing it 100% of the time. Always a gamble.

In recent windows only Justin has well outperformed his fee. . Fofana was a record fee for a teenage defender. We appear to have lost the knack. I expect the club to be much more careful in the future and become a lot more risk averse. 

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I don`t think that can actually happen. We have so little wriggle room in the wage budget, people who either on decent wages, show no signs on signing new contracts (to preserve their value) or are actively reducing their value through either continued poor performances/declining ability, will need to be moved on. Yes I would rather we sign young players with potential on low fees, but the options seem limited to take such risks.

Therefore we sign young guys like Fofana who high very high potential (Assume this is what CDK would be expected to be) who join on 5 figures and only earn larger wages once they are confirmed as being the real deal, like Wes.

18 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Lucas Moura said to be available for £17m. I'd love to get him. Think he'd solve our right side attack issue.

Hes a Brazilian Ademola Lookman, why not just go for the original in that case

34 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Lucas Moura said to be available for £17m. I'd love to get him. Think he'd solve our right side attack issue.

We’ve never signed a Brazilian :ph34r:

Has that one been done yet? 😂 

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Think this time next week we’ll get some progress, probably mainly departures 

Any ideas on who? 

Only seems to have been noise about Hamza so far? Söyüncü? Perez? Kelechi? 

or is this just based on Internationals being over so movement more likely?