Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

The later point!

Theyve all been given a few weeks holiday so stuff will start happening soon.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Spurs fans don't massively rate Moura.

Don't think he would be the future for us but he would be a big improvement on what we have and at least he works hard and RW is his primary position, unlike seemingly everybody else we have signed to play there. He's even right wing in his politics! We could do better, maybe, but we could also do a lot worse. Would be very pleased with him on a loan if funds are tight. 

I wish we were going into this window with the attitude of 'Sell/move out those players which are on the fringe or unlikely to get game time now that we are out of europe, thus trimming the wage bill and giving us a maximum of a 25 man squad, but bring in a right hand side attacker/winger' rather than 'healthy re-shuffle' or 're-build'!

5 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I wish we were going into this window with the attitude of 'Sell/move out those players which are on the fringe or unlikely to get game time now that we are out of europe, thus trimming the wage bill and giving us a maximum of a 25 man squad, but bring in a right hand side attacker/winger' rather than 'healthy re-shuffle' or 're-build'!

.. I  believe we are..the only problem is no one at the moment has visibly shown any interest!!!

As other posters have said, the window has just opened and there is a long way to go.

11 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. I  believe we are..the only problem is no one at the moment has visibly shown any interest!!!

As other posters have said, the window has just opened and there is a long way to go.

ok, but that's half the story. I don't want a rebuild or even a re-shuffle! just get me a right hand side attacker..........aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

We could give Soumare back to Lille, he's clearly not happy, with £15m in part exchange for Sven Botman

Dont know... Im really not a fan of Botman, he seems really average and borderline shit when Ive watched him for the Netherlands

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

ok, but that's half the story. I don't want a rebuild or even a re-shuffle! just get me a right hand side attacker..........aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

Well Youri wants to go, Cags wants to go,Vestergaard has a lot to prove and may need supplementing, Kasper will go either this Summer or next, we want a RW, we want more creativity, Bertrand would ideally be replaced, Praet and Hamza will go (squad guys though) and thats before anyone drops a load on others

Even with Praet and Hamza being squaddies, it sounds quite rebuildery too me  :dunno:

4 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

I'd love to see us replace Youri with Conor Gallager

He’d be ideal for us. Adds goal scoring in midfield and is a tireless worker which would pair well with Maddison as he would run beyond Maddison when he’s on the half turn. We could play the 4-3-3 and keep Maddison on that inside right position he’s been playing. 

Kasper

Ricky P

Fofana

Evans

JJ

Gallagher

Ndidi

KDH

Maddison

Vardy

Barnes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Well Youri wants to go, Cags wants to go,Vestergaard has a lot to prove and may need supplementing, Kasper will go either this Summer or next, we want a RW, we want more creativity, Bertrand would ideally be replaced, Praet and Hamza will go (squad guys though) and thats before anyone drops a load on others

Even with Praet and Hamza being squaddies, it sounds quite rebuildery too me  :dunno:

Who is queuing up to sign those players though? Don’t think it’s that easy to just say these players will go. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if Soyuncu, Praet, Choudhury, Soumare, Vestegaard and Betrand were all still here on 1st September with no one willing to match their wages. Think we’ve been trying to offload Choudhury for the past 2 summers now.

Edited by Sampson

Just now, Sampson said:

Who is queuing up to sign those players though? Don’t think it’s that easy to just say these players will go. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if Soyuncu, Praet, Choudhury, Vestegaard and Betrand were all still here on 1st September with no one willing to match their wages.

No-one is queuing up, didn’t say they were, but even if people were, why would we know? Do we ever shout about deals in or out? I would be far more concerned in late July if naught had occurred. And if no single player left, then we go again just as we are  :dunno:

I know our @Ric Flair has been mentioned about how Glover at Saints has been concentrating on youngsters at big clubs not getting a chance. They’ve just signed Bazuna from Man City as a continuation of that. 

Probably gives a decent idea of the sort of target we will have forthcoming. Suggests we will go heavy after Colwill 

Rodgers has handicapped us by creating bad relations with good players like praet. Under any other non egocentric manager we could use him as an immediate youri replacement and then sign a young cm to be molded into a star. Oh well. It's not looking good folks. Won't give up hope but the lack of even links is scary. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, NasPb said:

Rodgers has handicapped us by creating bad relations with good players like praet. Under any other non egocentric manager we could use him as an immediate youri replacement and then sign a young cm to be molded into a star. Oh well. It's not looking good folks. Won't give up hope but the lack of even links is scary. 

Wtf are you on about?