Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

3 hours ago, NasPb said:

Rodgers has handicapped us by creating bad relations with good players like praet. Under any other non egocentric manager we could use him as an immediate youri replacement and then sign a young cm to be molded into a star. Oh well. It's not looking good folks. Won't give up hope but the lack of even links is scary. 

I'm not sure if Praet is the replacement we need. But Rodgers seemed to have burnt that bridge. There seems to be some tension because Rodgers and Youri too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We’re in a pretty tough spot.  What do we have to sell ourselves to potential signings?  Leicester is not a big city or seen as a  glamorous place.  The manager has a history of alienating players and is widely viewed as being on his way out.  We have no European football of any kind on offer.  I don’t think “We won the FA Cup two years ago!” Is a big incentive for most players.

The truth is if we want to sign anybody we have serious competition for, the only way it will happen is by outbidding that competition.  And the finances don’t appear to be in a great place at the moment.  We could be looking at a pretty rough season.

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

We’re in a pretty tough spot.  What do we have to sell ourselves to potential signings?  Leicester is not a big city or seen as a  glamorous place.  The manager has a history of alienating players and is widely viewed as being on his way out.  We have no European football of any kind on offer.  I don’t think “We won the FA Cup two years ago!” Is a big incentive for most players.

The truth is if we want to sign anybody we have serious competition for, the only way it will happen is by outbidding that competition.  And the finances don’t appear to be in a great place at the moment.  We could be looking at a pretty rough season.

Do you want some tissues with that?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, NYC Fox Fan said:

I think we need to be seriously scouting the championship league 

I mean we already do that, basically every top flight club does that.

The question is who and whether to snap up anything you find there.

Whilst there is of course time for Brendan and the Club to deliver a strong transfer window I am surprised they haven’t done at least *some* business by now.

Appreciate we are probably waiting on Youri to make a decision but, given the big build up around the refresh / rebuild the longer they leave it the greater the potential disappointment will be if they don’t come through.

The 2022/23 season is going to be more challenging with Spurs, Arsenal, Aston Villa and Newcastle all investing heavily. I don’t think we will see any marquee names incoming and we may well be back as the underdog which I think may well work for us.

key for next season is to make ourselves harder to beat and Wilf’s return will help this. But we need to be a nastier side that Clubs hate to face.

Plus we need to get in that RW to help increase chances and we need to be clinical.  Hopefully Vardy stays fit and Daka comes to the party.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NasPb said:

Regarding praet and others like him, we need to be making the most of what we got instead of being extremely stubborn and selective. Just saying 

Hopefully we keep Soumare as back up to Tielemans or whoever replaces him.

If we are not in for Nathan Collins at 25 million, recruitment need to give their heads a wobble. We need to go back to the old recruitment of recruiting Championship players with high potential that we can sell do double+ value in a few seasons. 

3 minutes ago, scinnell said:

If we are not in for Nathan Collins at 25 million, recruitment need to give their heads a wobble. We need to go back to the old recruitment of recruiting Championship players with high potential that we can sell do double+ value in a few seasons. 

Should be going for Ronnie Lee Edwards at Peterborough, he’s made 30 odd appearances in the championship and is England Under 19 international, he seems a good prospect to bring in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

If we can offload Vestergaard and Soyuncu, then Ben Mee on a free would be a decent option for the squad.

Still need better though, can’t see how we’re going to shift all this deadwood.

We can if we bite the bullet and pay up their contracts but the club won't accept that sort of loss on their investment.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

If we can offload Vestergaard and Soyuncu, then Ben Mee on a free would be a decent option for the squad.

Still need better though, can’t see how we’re going to shift all this deadwood.

I see it being a two summer process altogether. Our strategy should be shift the deadwood, make squad room and free up the wages. Next season Kasper, Bertrand and Vardy will be out of contract, which gives us a chance to reduce their wages if we want to keep them. Next summer we can then make the right signings with the luxury of no deadwood, but good recruitment is key else we end back in this situation. 

Every club has dead wood. From the biggest to the smallest. It's just the nature of the beast. It could be through player age, injuries, not performing well enough or wanting out. 

The best clubs identify the rot early enough to do something about it. Not always easy, mind and it does require a bit of a cutthroat mentality. Probably not unlike what Alex Ferguson had. 

I hear there is 2-5 top prospects playing in the under 10s in Outer Mongolia, because listening to everyone on here we can’t afford stuff all . So much for big mouth RODGERS running off at the mouth saying we will bring 5-6 new players , what a load off crap . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, scinnell said:

I see it being a two summer process altogether. Our strategy should be shift the deadwood, make squad room and free up the wages. Next season Kasper, Bertrand and Vardy will be out of contract, which gives us a chance to reduce their wages if we want to keep them. Next summer we can then make the right signings with the luxury of no deadwood, but good recruitment is key else we end back in this situation. 

That's all well and good, but you can't be too cavalier about next season.  If things totally blow up with Rodgers and the board takes too long to make a change, it's not completely unrealistic that we could find ourselves in a relegation scrap if all we do is shift deadwood and don't bring in anything of quality.  A couple major injuries (and under Rodgers we've had them every season) could put us right in the mix.

Edited by Deeg67

On 18/06/2022 at 01:16, Deeg67 said:

In the echo chamber of FoxesTalk yes, but beyond that no one is reporting about Rodgers being on his way out.

The incentive is that Leicester have been consistently one of the Top 10 clubs in the country, that gives opportunities and platform to young players. Not every single talented player is signing for the traditional Big 5.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bptiger said:

I hear there is 2-5 top prospects playing in the under 10s in Outer Mongolia, because listening to everyone on here we can’t afford stuff all . So much for big mouth RODGERS running off at the mouth saying we will bring 5-6 new players , what a load off crap . 

Sounds like my mate sounding off on Day 5 of Ibiza 2012 after getting no attention lol

Guest Col city fan
5 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

That's all well and good, but you can't be too cavalier about next season.  If things totally blow up with Rodgers and the board takes too long to make a change, it's not completely unrealistic that we could find ourselves in a relegation scrap if all we do is shift deadwood and don't bring in anything of quality.  A couple major injuries (and under Rodgers we've had them every season) could put us right in the mix.

That’s how I see it

We could have a run of ‘strengthening’ now (and I hope we do), but to date, we’ve had nothing.

Villa have done some business, so have Leeds, Everton will spend soon I think.

I maintain, it’s the defence that needs sorting out. The midfield is ok. If Wilf gets injured, Mendy is an ok deputy. Tielemans looks like he could stay. Attacking… if Vardy is injured we bring in Daka or Iheanacho.

But if Fofana gets another injury, (and we know Evans will), we’ll be back to the Soyuncu, Amartey, Vestie scenario and then we’ll leak goals again.

My priority is that first team CB signing to play alongside Little Wes. 
And it ain’t here yet

We bought in five players last summer and after the euphoria of the Cup win so many thought we were going to challenge strongly. Wrong , transfer windows are not fundamental to success. In fact I think the current squad is more than capable of a top six finish if we have less injury problems. The best addition to the squad has been one of our longest serving players KDH.