Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

54 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Collins is rancid IMO, one of the reasons Burnley went down. 

We ought be looking for a far more athletic defenders with aerial presence rather than the next Maguire. 

In the games I’ve seen him play he has come in along and I thought he was quite athletic. In his first few games in the EPL I thought he was out of his depth but he has come on along a lot since then. I can see him continuing to improve. We don’t want another maguire though. 

If true that we’re waiting to sell in order to buy – that’s an extremely worrying sign about our ownership’s financial strength. We need to strengthen certain areas whether we sell or not. 

Again, not sure if that’s true but if it is…

1 minute ago, Phenom said:

If true that we’re waiting to sell in order to buy – that’s an extremely worrying sign about our ownership’s financial strength. We need to strengthen certain areas whether we sell or not. 

.. Then we need new owners or investors. There i said it

50 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Cesc Fabregas is a free agent. Even at 35 I'd offer him a one year contract. It could help us see out games or just general experience in the dressing room

He's just spent most of the season out injured, so not a great look for a 35 year old.

17 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Not that different to normal really

Last summer is the only time we have had a summer without a big sale to fund the majority of our summer activity - we usually only have a net spend of around £20m at most

And I still think the club might have expected 1 big sale to cover last summer as well (Maddison or Tielemans)

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Not that different to normal really

Last summer is the only time we have had a summer without a big sale to fund the majority of our summer activity - we usually only have a net spend of around £20m at most

And I still think the club might have expected 1 big sale to cover last summer as well (Maddison or Tielemans)

People say this ... but is it really true? Which summers did this happen, when a player was sold "in order to fund" our buys? 2016? We didn't want to sell Kante, and we were going on a buying spree no matter what.  2017? Danny Drinkwater was a deadline day deal he forced, and all our business was done, except for his replacement. 2018? Mahrez had been trying to force a move for years, and we bought Maddison and Ricardo before we sold him. 2019? We didn't want to sell Maguire and pulled ManU's pants down on the deal. All our business except for Praet done before he was sold. 2020? Only case where an argument could be made that we sold Chilwell because we needed the money due to COVID.

In all other cases, we struck very good deals for players we didn't want to sell! What was the plan if we kept the players we very much wanted to keep? To completely stay out of the market?

I know it looks like our policy is to sell a player to fund our transfers, but in reality, the club has a policy of not selling more than one "important" player a window ... hence telling Mahrez to "shut up and play" for two years and telling Maguire he wasn't going a anywhere in 2018.

Yes, the club has kept net spend down, but that has been more to do with not acting payday rich when coming into cash than the club being poor.

Hi everyone,

Some of you may have seen my post before about my new podcast I’m starting up. This is my latest pod about Leicester, where we break down the squad and decide who stays and who should go! 

Please check it out, any and all support is hugely appreciated 🦊💙

3 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Would love Sarr here, still only 24 and hearing Watford want 25 million for him.

Sadly I don't see him as a BR type of player though.

Only £25m?

Didn’t they want double that the first time they got relegated?

Gutting that he isn’t on BR’s radar.

4 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Only £25m?

Didn’t they want double that the first time they got relegated?

Gutting that he isn’t on BR’s radar.

I'm not saying he is not, but I would be very surprised.

BR seems like he tactical players.

I would love to see Sarr bombing it down the right wing with his lighting speed.

1 hour ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

I would love to see Sarr bombing it down the right wing with his lighting speed.

This.

I crave for the day where you talk to away fans and they fear how our attacking players will hurt them, seem faster/stronger than their players.

A signing like Sarr is exactly what I’d love to see but I’m with you, BR rightfully so is considering teams that low block us so it’s definitely a conundrum.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SafewayFox said:

This.

I crave for the day where you talk to away fans and they fear how our attacking players will hurt them, seem faster/stronger than their players.

A signing like Sarr is exactly what I’d love to see but I’m with you, BR rightfully so is considering teams that low block us so it’s definitely a conundrum.

These sort of signings are of limited use when you are no longer the plucky underdog, because as you say, teams low block us and Sarr is not much use at unlocking such defenses

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

These sort of signings are of limited use when you are no longer the plucky underdog, because as you say, teams low block us and Sarr is not much use at unlocking such defenses

Whilst I agree - top clubs who play against low block, week in, week out still utilize pace.

I remember playing as a kid and my coach shouting the ball moves faster than any player but a combination of both is what the elite sides do.

I’m not saying we have to go back to counter attacking football but our pressing from the front this (is it last yet) season didn’t seem to be with much purpose other than KDH so the more pace to cause concern and force mistakes worked against us most of the season.