Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

and both Palmer and McAtee won't want to stick around at Man City whilst they keep collecting left footed midfielders and wingers.

They've declined any loan requests they've gotten for those two and apparently will give them minutes this season.

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

im curious where people think we would finish without any signings or outgoings (other than lookman).  If we can keep everyone fit, as much as its against the grain... I think we could still do very well. 

Sometimes stepping back and assessing what we have helps numb the pain of no movement.  Id rather have a fit and motivated youri than anyone we will sign.... its just whether or not we get that. 

We’ve got a good squad. Last season I think it was stretched a bit too far. If we signed Lookman only, and that was it, I’d still be confident we could finish in the top 6, with no other distractions. 

1 minute ago, LFox99 said:

They've declined any loan requests they've gotten for those two and apparently will give them minutes this season.

OK, then Oscar Bobb or Kayky then. They have about 15 left footed right wingers that they've signed in recent years, it's insane.

41 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

We’ve got a good squad. Last season I think it was stretched a bit too far. If we signed Lookman only, and that was it, I’d still be confident we could finish in the top 6, with no other distractions. 

I don’t know about that. The teams around us are investing to get better. We have to improve certain positions even if nobody leaves.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Don’t agree at all with this 

39 minutes ago, Phenom said:

I don’t know about that. The teams around us are investing to get better. We have to improve certain positions even if nobody leaves.

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Don’t agree at all with this 

Why not? 

We all sat here and said the same a few seasons ago, when we didn’t invest heavily into the squad and we ended up finishing 5th. 

We managed an 8th place finish, with a small squad which was smashed with injuries. You can’t rule anything out with this team.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Why not? 

We all sat here and said the same a few seasons ago, when we didn’t invest heavily into the squad and we ended up finishing 5th. 

We managed an 8th place finish, with a small squad which was smashed with injuries. You can’t rule anything out with this team.

Because it’s not just about us, but also about how much opponents improve

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Any rumours on Noni Madueke?

Been very little so far which surprises me as something doesn't add up at PSV. They've got Doan, Savio, Bakayoko and Madueke as left footed right wingers, not to mention Gakpo and Bruma on the left. Some of them have to go and Madueke is the obvious one.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Been very little so far which surprises me as something doesn't add up at PSV. They've got Doan, Savio, Bakayoko and Madueke as left footed right wingers, not to mention Gakpo and Bruma on the left. Some of them have to go and Madueke is the obvious one.

If its between Madueke and CDK, I'd rather we go for CDK, not only for the performance reasons if you compare them but also personality-wise. 

Don't really wanna know how Brendan will fare with a trouble maker such as Madueke

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Because it’s not just about us, but also about how much opponents improve

But how often have we sat here pre season fretting about opponents summer business, and then it turns out that they’re no better?

Its one thing clubs like Man City making vast improvements, but sides like West Ham et al often destabilise their dynamic.

All I’ll say is don’t write off not making whole sale changes it doesn’t mean your side diminishes as a result. 

I’m starting to think there a bit of a rift between Rodgers and the recruitment team. Rumours of fall outs mid season and then Rodgers bangs on about needing a refresh? 

It’s clear this refresh isn’t happening, if we’re not careful we could end up with no new players by the time the season starts…. Rodgers has made a rod for his own back a little here, because he’s openly said what we need, and it might be unachievable at the moment. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

If its between Madueke and CDK, I'd rather we go for CDK, not only for the performance reasons if you compare them but also personality-wise. 

Don't really wanna know how Brendan will fare with a trouble maker such as Madueke

Brendan was very complimentary about him in his press conference for the 1st leg of the QF.

26 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Yea but we were  all complaining our players were too meek and soft ( personality wise ) last season. 

14 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

But how often have we sat here pre season fretting about opponents summer business, and then it turns out that they’re no better?

Its one thing clubs like Man City making vast improvements, but sides like West Ham et al often destabilise their dynamic.

All I’ll say is don’t write off not making whole sale changes it doesn’t mean your side diminishes as a result. 

I’m starting to think there a bit of a rift between Rodgers and the recruitment team. Rumours of fall outs mid season and then Rodgers bangs on about needing a refresh? 

It’s clear this refresh isn’t happening, if we’re not careful we could end up with no new players by the time the season starts…. Rodgers has made a rod for his own back a little here, because he’s openly said what we need, and it might be unachievable at the moment. 

Apart from the first two statements, I am not sure about the rest to be honest. West Ham seem to have a good direction, although they do seem to have a squad that’s a little old.

Anything else is definitely not clear too me, and any talk of rifts is unqualified, although he did talk up the rebuild so you would expect movements to commence soon, surely?

19 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Yea but we were  all complaining our players were too meek and soft ( personality wise ) last season. 

There's a difference between being strong mentally in a game of football and being stupid enough to get caught speeding with a faked drivers license. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I hope so i want madueke, think he could be really good addition for us.

8 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

im curious where people think we would finish without any signings or outgoings (other than lookman).  If we can keep everyone fit, as much as its against the grain... I think we could still do very well. 

Sometimes stepping back and assessing what we have helps numb the pain of no movement.  Id rather have a fit and motivated youri than anyone we will sign.... its just whether or not we get that. 

When was the last time a Rodgers team kept everyone fit?