Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Sorry but no way is Bertrand on £78,000 a week 

He was on a similar amount at Southampton. Watch when he's still here in September.

Our fans naivety about what we pay people never ceases to amaze me.

38 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

He was on a similar amount at Southampton. Watch when he's still here in September.

Our fans naivety about what we pay people never ceases to amaze me.

What's him still being here in September got to do with anything? He might just want to sit his contract out, as after being crocked for a full season almost, he would definitely have to take a pay cut.

Interested to know how you can confirm exactly how much everyone is earning? 

29 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

What's him still being here in September got to do with anything? He might just want to sit his contract out, as after being crocked for a full season almost, he would definitely have to take a pay cut.

Interested to know how you can confirm exactly how much everyone is earning? 

His point is no one’s going to want to pay the cushty deal he’s got here so he’s still going to be here.

27 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

His point is no one’s going to want to pay the cushty deal he’s got here so he’s still going to be here.

Yeah because he's been out for most of our season anyway, so he quite clearly isn't going to get more or the same as what he's currently on also factoring in his age. Regardless of how much that actually is. 

Edited by Tommy Fresh

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Sorry but no way is Bertrand on £78,000 a week 

Wouldn't surprise me. Signed on a free, was available for any and all to offer a contract to, we clearly had him lined up very early on as our priority to be cover at LB and we made an offer he didn't seem to need any time to think about.

As shit as he's been for us, it'd be daft to think we were literally the only club in the world that gave him a contract offer and we had no competition to sign him.

5 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

I really hope we don't try and offload Soumare this window despite the rumblings.  I know he has looked well off the pace. However, we'll make a huge loss presumably.  He's a young player and he's had one stop start season and perhaps some personal issues which haven't helped.  

The scouting team must have seen something in him.  Rodgers is allegedly an elite coach, so coach the b@stard and let's not write him off just yet.  

I feel he could turn it around, Soumare's biggest problem is work rate and being more physical.

All things he could easily improve on if he wants to.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Wouldn't surprise me. Signed on a free, was available for any and all to offer a contract to, we clearly had him lined up very early on as our priority to be cover at LB and we made an offer he didn't seem to need any time to think about.

As shit as he's been for us, it'd be daft to think we were literally the only club in the world that gave him a contract offer and we had no competition to sign him.

Thank goodness we didn't fall for the trick his agent tried to play though, he moved the goalposts and wanted a 4 year deal 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

Guest Col city fan
2 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

I feel he could turn it around, Soumare's biggest problem is work rate and being more physical.

All things he could easily improve on if he wants to.

He looked to be carrying as well last season

Too big, too slow. I think he’s sufficiently ‘physical’, but needs to slim down and be quicker. 
Hopefully he’ll return a different player this season

3 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Yeah because he's been out for most of our season anyway, so he quite clearly isn't going to get more or the same as what he's currently on also factoring in his age. Regardless of how much that actually is. 

Bertrand's business brain is as sharp as a razor , so I would expect his contract to be a nice little earner. However I would have thought the club would have laid it off to an insurance company in the event of any injury absence.

On 24/06/2022 at 08:58, Ric Flair said:

Like he set the scene at Liverpool and Celtic.

To be honest, I don't think he's said anything wrong in regards to a rebuild. We have yearned to see a large chunk of fringe players or players that don't want to be here gotten rid of to free up the flexibility to then get players I'm when we see fit for 3 summers on the spin but we find it so difficult and we've now hit a brick wall.

I don't know what the answer is, I feel like we can afford to lose 8 players and bring only 2-3 in. I'd honestly look at paying some of them off like Hamza, Perez, Bertrand etc.

The problem I have with it is that he was responsible for a lot of the ones we need to clear out, or it at least happened in his time here. I'm quite cynical about the things he says after that particularly ridiculous interview after Everton.

I've got a feeling he might go this season but will successfully frame it as the club letting him down rather than the other way round.

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
4 hours ago, JimJams said:

Bit luxury unless Rodgers can get him arsed to do more.

Totally agree

On his day, unplayable

’His day’ don’t happen enough

I'm easy now if we don't sign anyone until January, post world cup. 23 below including the 8 highlighted players who missed more than 100 league games between them. Have listed the 9 most likely u23s to feature after their progress last season). Presuming we will move Vest and Choudhury on and assess Bertrand after pre season.

Schmeichel Iversen Ward

Justin Castagne Ricardo Thomas Bertrand

Fofana Evans Amartey Soyuncu (Nelson, Brunt)

Ndidi KDH Tielemans Maddison Mendy (Braybrooke, Wright, Madivadua)

Barnes, Albrighton, Perez (Alves, Maswisinhe)

Vardy, Daka, Iheanacho (Hirst, Popov)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FosseSpark said:

I'm easy now if we don't sign anyone until January, post world cup. 23 below including the 8 highlighted players who missed more than 100 league games between them. Have listed the 9 most likely u23s to feature after their progress last season). Presuming we will move Vest and Choudhury on and assess Bertrand after pre season.

Schmeichel Iversen Ward

Justin Castagne Ricardo Thomas Bertrand

Fofana Evans Amartey Soyuncu (Nelson, Brunt)

Ndidi KDH Tielemans Maddison Mendy (Braybrooke, Wright, Madivadua)

Barnes, Albrighton, Perez (Alves, Maswisinhe)

Vardy, Daka, Iheanacho (Hirst, Popov)

I actually kind of agree with this, I think aside Lookman who is a priority at the mo all our incomings can afford to wait. Our priorities will become more apparent after a couple outgoings anyway, who knows who we will manage to shift on.

Edited by Nicolo Barella

This season will be a mess for everyone. I think a lot of clubs will just be looking to get back to normal in 2023. 

If we sign a CB and RW (even if it is Lookman) Youri's situation gets clarified and we shift some dead wood, I'll be happy.

Next season will be awful as it'll be the inevitable Evans/ Vardy/ Kasper decisions.