Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

4 minutes ago, stu said:

What is going on with Tete @Ric Flair?

Any noises that Lyon are likely to sign him on a free when his Shakhtar contract expires next week, or could he be up for grabs?

It's an interesting one, isn't it? Just read in The Athletic that he'll be free this summer. He'd be such a good signing if we can get him.

7 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

It's an interesting one, isn't it? Just read in The Athletic that he'll be free this summer. He'd be such a good signing if we can get him.

Back when he was a big rumour to be coming here him and his agent flew over and met someone at a business hotel just outside of Tottenham.

A proper random one but it did lead to a lot of chat that he moved to Lyon and at the same time agreed a premier league move for the summer. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Should be all over that. Been linked before as well, and stood up well in Ligue 1. 

A quick look suggests his contract is up next summer, but should be attainable for a very low price. This is the one 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Back when he was a big rumour to be coming here him and his agent flew over and met someone at a business hotel just outside of Tottenham.

A proper random one but it did lead to a lot of chat that he moved to Lyon and at the same time agreed a premier league move for the summer. 

We couldn't sign as we were over the ffp limit. We did have talks though. 

11 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

That the Tifo article? Not a big fan of the 2 players they recommended for centre back and centre mid

A centre back who isn't the best in the air (just what we need with our issues), and a centre mid that for a supposed 6/8 who comes out nowhere near Wilf, KDH, or even Bouba...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

My point exactly. Couldn’t then but could agree to something in the future no? 

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

That the Tifo article? Not a big fan of the 2 players they recommended for centre back and centre mid

A centre back who isn't the best in the air (just what we need with our issues), and a centre mid that for a supposed 6/8 who comes out nowhere near Wilf, KDH, or even Bouba...

Who did the mention mate ?

24 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

...I thought it was cut and dried...!!!

Very much the RW I was hoping we picked up. We have lost out on Ebiowei, it would be great to make this work, but I do not believe it will happen, too late in the day now.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
20 minutes ago, AjcW said:

My point exactly. Couldn’t then but could agree to something in the future no? 

Yes I presume so. He'd be an interesting one as he'd probably got for sub 20m.

39 minutes ago, stu said:

What is going on with Tete @Ric Flair?

Any noises that Lyon are likely to sign him on a free when his Shakhtar contract expires next week, or could he be up for grabs?

34 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Lyon are in a bit of a shit state having not qualified for Europe, I think he's fair game. There's a bit of confusion about whether foreign players with only a year left on their contracts can have them torn up given the situation won't be sorted in Ukraine by the start of the season, but Tete has 18 months left still so really not sure. I suspect he'd not cost more than £20m though which would be a fantastic price.

He's my sign at all costs RW, he would be very very good here. Closely followed by Madueke as a 2nd choice.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I mean there was absolutely no point in having talks solely for last season given this very reason, its always been to try and get him for the coming season. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Ric Flair said:

I mean there was absolutely no point in having talks solely for last season given this very reason, its always been to try and get him for the coming season. 

Hes staying at lyon for another year on loan apparently 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Annoying

Funny one because he wouldn't cost a lot and we definitely need a right winger. There's something in this ffp deadline.

21 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Funny one because he wouldn't cost a lot and we definitely need a right winger. There's something in this ffp deadline.

Why are we the only team who bothers attempting to adhere to it and yet then make horrendous decisions like giving Bertrand and Vestergaard £70-80k a week. Banter club.

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Completely agree, was really disappointed in that article. Felt like they barely did the research. Weird choice of CB just after mentioning we had set pieces issues, then they don't include Tielemans in a look at our midfield (presuming he's off, I guess), but suggest no option to replace him? Instead they suggest a player they don't even seem sure about, and who by their own admission doesn't have any creative qualities! Not the usual standard I'd expect from Tifo.

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Hes staying at lyon for another year on loan apparently 

9 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

No point, he's back in France negotiating his new deal to stay at Lyon

You're kidding. Where are you two seeing that?

I can only presume he's just very happy at Lyon. Gah.

There is discussed talk on Hojberg available for transfer from spurs. Whenever I've seen him he offers a bit more steel, tough in the tackle and shows a fair bit of ball playing in his locker. Lastly, he seems personally someone who'd fit in a Rodgers team with him being comfortable maintaining and retrieving possession.

Only if Tielemens left but I see the value he'd offer, potentially as someone to support KDH if he stepped up to fill that Tielemens shaped hole. What is everyone's thoughts on Hojberg?