Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

2 minutes ago, FoxesCJ30 said:

There is discussed talk on Hojberg available for transfer from spurs. Whenever I've seen him he offers a bit more steel, tough in the tackle and shows a fair bit of ball playing in his locker. Lastly, he seems personally someone who'd fit in a Rodgers team with him being comfortable maintaining and retrieving possession.

Only if Tielemens left but I see the value he'd offer, potentially as someone to support KDH if he stepped up to fill that Tielemens shaped hole. What is everyone's thoughts on Hojberg?

He's a really, really good player imo. I think outside of Kasper and Eriksen, he's the best player on the Danish national team.

2 hours ago, FoxesCJ30 said:

Hojberg?

2 hours ago, -sodapop said:

He's a really, really good player imo. I think outside of Kasper and Eriksen, he's the best player on the Danish national team.

Signing Saints via Spurs now!

A whole new level!

Adam Ounas' contract is up next year, we could do loads worse at RW and we've been linked before.

https://fbref.com/en/players/ed90babd/Adam-Ounas (low number of minutes exaggerates the stats somewhat)

Carles Perez is another left footed RW stuck at a big Italian club, his contract expires in 2024 but both are attainable and would be improvements on what we have - at an absolute maximum  they'd cost £15m.

https://fbref.com/en/players/a8f21b9f/all_comps/Carles-Perez-Stats---All-Competitions

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

Carles Perez is another left footed RW stuck at a big Italian club, his contract expires in 2024 but both are attainable and would be improvements on what we have - at an absolute maximum  they'd cost £15m.

I've got nightmares about loaning out RWs from Roma

1 minute ago, LFox99 said:

I've got nightmares about loaning out RWs from Roma

Under is obviously a talented player it's just he probably has the worst workrate I've ever seen (which we would have known about), makes Barnes look like the Brownlee brothers put together

• Haha 1

Just now, Stadt said:

Under is obviously a talented player it's just he probably has the worst workrate I've ever seen (which we would have known about), makes Barnes look like the Brownlee brothers put together

Not just his workrate but his decision making. He'd constantly try and pelt the ball at goal from 40 yards out on the half turn, obviously lose possession after hitting the one opponent close to him and then refuse to track back after getting us into trouble. Even in his most shining moment for us, the assist for Vards against Arsenal, he nearly ****ed it by playing it across at a really awkward height for no reason whatsoever. 

3 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Not just his workrate but his decision making. He'd constantly try and pelt the ball at goal from 40 yards out on the half turn, obviously lose possession after hitting the one opponent close to him and then refuse to track back after getting us into trouble. Even in his most shining moment for us, the assist for Vards against Arsenal, he nearly ****ed it by playing it across at a really awkward height for no reason whatsoever. 

Vardy headed it into an almost empty net, I think that's over critical. 2 goals and 3 assists in 931 minutes - obvious he was talented but Rodgers couldn't trust him 

4 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Vardy headed it into an almost empty net, I think that's over critical. 2 goals and 3 assists in 931 minutes - obvious he was talented but Rodgers couldn't trust him 

I was just saying he overcomplicated things at times when he could've just done the simple thing. Vardy had to pull out his best RvP impression to score that pass.

37 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Adam Ounas' contract is up next year, we could do loads worse at RW and we've been linked before.

https://fbref.com/en/players/ed90babd/Adam-Ounas (low number of minutes exaggerates the stats somewhat)

I wanted Ounas when we Sold Mahrez. Just seemed like too natural a fit. Tricky Algerian winger, years ahead of him. Ideal. Then Napoli buggered that idea! He's not really progressed though.

Something strange is happening.   With each passing day and with little concrete transfer news I am becoming more and more confident in our current squad. 

I am not naturally an optimist, quite the opposite, is this the sporting equivalent of Stockholm syndrome?  Or am I just suffering transfer rumour fatigue? 

Ndidi is fit and will dominate alongside a newly motivated Youri, having just signed a three year contract extension (in my head).  Calamity Caglar will be back to looking a supremely talented young centre back alongside little Wes.  Soumare is definitely going to fulfil his potential and who needs a right winger anyway? Very overrated position.  Duck it, I've been persuaded by @Finneganthat even Perez can do a job for us there.

Its going to be a fantastic season and Rodgers is going to play a blinder.  Tactical masterclass time.  I'm feeling positively smug about the whole affair.  Especially with Forest inevitably going straight back down.    

Frankly, I hope we don't sign anyone. Waste of money with the talent we already have.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bordersfox said:

Something strange is happening.   With each passing day and with little concrete transfer news I am becoming more and more confident in our current squad. 

I am not naturally an optimist, quite the opposite, is this the sporting equivalent of Stockholm syndrome?  Or am I just suffering transfer rumour fatigue? 

Ndidi is fit and will dominate alongside a newly motivated Youri, having just signed a three year contract extension (in my head).  Calamity Caglar will be back to looking a supremely talented young centre back alongside little Wes.  Soumare is definitely going to fulfil his potential and who needs a right winger anyway? Very overrated position.  Duck it, I've been persuaded by @Finneganthat even Perez can do a job for us there.

Its going to be a fantastic season and Rodgers is going to play a blinder.  Tactical masterclass time.  I'm feeling positively smug about the whole affair.  Especially with Forest inevitably going straight back down.    

Frankly, I hope we don't sign anyone. Waste of money with the talent we already have.  

Yeah, and all these other teams signing players doesn't mean there going to be any good, The press love to bang on about certain teams, didn't they go on about Everton at the beginning of last season when they were top or near, saying how great their signings were.

6 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Yeah, and all these other teams signing players doesn't mean there going to be any good, The press love to bang on about certain teams, didn't they go on about Everton at the beginning of last season when they were top or near, saying how great their signings were.

This is very true, Everton and Yanited are prime examples of teams that have splurged lots of money for very little benefit.  We still have a very, very good first 11.  Less convinced by Rodgers but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for the new season.