Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

Iheanacho £25-30 million

Tielemans £25 million

Soyuncu £20 million

Praet £8 million

Choudhury £2 million

Perez £4 million

Ward £5 million

Vestergaard free

Bertrand free

de Katelaere £30 million

Kokcu £25 million

Levi Colwill £25 million

Lookman £14 million

Loan Moura in

Vardy/Daka

Barnes/Lookman Maddison/de Katelaere Moura/Albrighton

Dewsbury-Hall/Kokcu Ndidi/Mendy

Justin/Thomas Evans/Colwill Fofana/Amartey Ricardo/Castagne

Schmeichel/Iversen

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Will probably wanna stick with Fulham, but we could do worse at right-wing than him. Very steady type of signing though, you'd be just as well off by getting Perez to sign a new deal. 

Ayoze is right footed and 4 years older, supposedly in his prime. 

I have always liked harry wilson, thought hes shown some real glimpses of quality when I have watched him, cuts in on his left and has a wicked shot on him. Great at free kicks from what I can remember and had a good season in the championship last year.

Just now, StinckleyFox said:

Was thinking more to play on the RW to be honest with you

;) I guess that's different. Though it might invoke the same reaction. 

Not good enough imo. He's a highlight reel player though for sure, some of his set pieces are top-drawer but for me he's a "special teams" (careful) player. 

He's good at a very specific thing and not at much else. If you could bring him on and take him back off when those situations occur, then great.

When the Yanks take over the game maybe we'll have the opportunity.

3 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Iheanacho £25-30 million

Tielemans £25 million

Soyuncu £20 million

Praet £8 million

Choudhury £2 million

Perez £4 million

Ward £5 million

Vestergaard free

Bertrand free

de Katelaere £30 million

Kokcu £25 million

Levi Colwill £25 million

Lookman £14 million

Loan Moura in

Vardy/Daka

Barnes/Lookman Maddison/de Katelaere Moura/Albrighton

Dewsbury-Hall/Kokcu Ndidi/Mendy

Justin/Thomas Evans/Colwill Fofana/Amartey Ricardo/Castagne

Schmeichel/Iversen

Bertrand and Vesty wouldnt be free, we'd have to pay their contracts off to make them leave, 2 more years with Vestergaard and another year with Bertrand. Also would rather take a punt on some championship kid than loan Lucas Moura, hes past it

1 minute ago, JimJams said:

;) I guess that's different. Though it might invoke the same reaction. 

Not good enough imo. He's a highlight reel player though for sure, some of his set pieces are top-drawer but for me he's a "special teams" (careful) player. 

He's good at a very specific thing and not at much else. If you could bring him on and take him back off when those situations occur, then great.

When the Yanks take over the game maybe we'll have the opportunity.

I think he's a tidy little player, atleast he was anyway. I must admit I havent watched him play last year but he always had glimpses of quality when I watched him play. You may be right in that thats all he has though, glimpses of quality. But if we could bring him in for around his 15m price tag quoted on transfermarkt, I think it could turn out to be great bit of business.

40 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Bertrand and Vesty wouldnt be free, we'd have to pay their contracts off to make them leave, 2 more years with Vestergaard and another year with Bertrand. Also would rather take a punt on some championship kid than loan Lucas Moura, hes past it

Won't need to pay off Vestergaards entire salary as he'll get a salary at a club where he will hopefully get first team football and will be happy to enjoy.

2 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Belotti now a free agent from Torino, vaguely remember a loose link a few years ago comparing him as Italy’s version of Vardy … would he be any good on a freebie?

Ooppsss only 9 hours late! Already discussed 🙈

I was told by my mate (he does a bit of scouting), that he’d heard we’d taken a look at this bloke.

Also, we’d looked at Adnan Januzaj.

:dunno:

(That was the most recent video I could find). 

Edited by Sly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Sly said:

I was told by my mate (he does a bit of scouting), that he’d heard we’d taken a look at this bloke.

20 years old, left footed right winger. Plays for Sevilla B. Not a lot to go on by that video, but perhaps an under-the-radar one to develop!

Thanks @Sly, and kudos to your mate for mentioning it! Do love hearing that we're scouting a new name.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sly said:

.....he thinks he is more skillful than he really is!!!

I have never seen such low assessment scores for a player before, and also the first "10/10" that I have seen, but that was for worth ethic. Vardy, Albrighton, and KDH would be getting those as well.

As for Januzai, it still looks like people are going by unfulfilled promises.

On 21/06/2022 at 13:59, Chocolate Teapot said:

We didn't win comfortably because the defence was shit.....

Our xG was 10 fewer than the previous 2 seasons.

We didn't win games comfortably because we didn't start actually trying to attack with any genuine intent to score goals until we were losing or desperate the majority of the time.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, filbertway said:

Our xG was 10 fewer than the previous 2 seasons.

We didn't win games comfortably because we didn't start actually trying to attack with any genuine intent to score goals until we were losing or desperate the majority of the time.

One of the reasons you don’t attack much is perhaps because there is little confidence in the players behind you, should a breakdown occur. It’s all related.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

One of the reasons you don’t attack much is perhaps because there is little confidence in the players behind you, should a breakdown occur. It’s all related.

This.  Youri a prime example - picking the ball up deep at times and trying to progress is much more fraught when you have a sh1t show of a defence behind you.  Must be a contributing factor to his below par season.  I can't recall which game it was but I recall Madison scoring and we almost immediately conceded.  The look on his face.  Must have been pretty bloody disheartening to be one of our forward players at times last season.   Even with very little transfer activity this summer having Wes and Evans back and hopefully fit will impact on players further up the pitch.  

Correct, but it's stupid and doubly stupid when Brendan went on record around October through to the winter saying that we had to be more attacking as we knew defensively we were way off and our goals scored was higher as a result. Then he went pure Pulis when we started to get our players back and we were still gifting goals but absolute horse muck going forward until that final 4-5 games of the season.

35 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Correct, but it's stupid and doubly stupid when Brendan went on record around October through to the winter saying that we had to be more attacking as we knew defensively we were way off and our goals scored was higher as a result. Then he went pure Pulis when we started to get our players back and we were still gifting goals but absolute horse muck going forward until that final 4-5 games of the season.

Its quite possible for both things to be true, we do need better offensive players (Perez is not good enough - there I finally said itbut that is fine as long as in conjunction focus on improving our defensive personnel/capability.

This window has seemed very strange and muted for us, and I must assume that the hole we have dug ourselves has finally come home to roost (mixed metaphor overload)

By that, I mean that our consistently rising wages due in part to our duration in the EPL and the associated inevitable wage creep, our need to pay larger wages, our large wages making exits for fringe/unwanted players difficult.

Its quite possible for both things to be true, we do need better offensive players (Perez is not good enough - there I finally said itbut that is fine as long as in conjunction focus on improving our defensive personnel/capability.

This window has seemed very strange and muted for us, and I must assume that the hole we have dug ourselves has finally come home to roost (mixed metaphor overload)

By that, I mean that our consistently rising wages due in part to our duration in the EPL and the associated inevitable wage creep, our need to pay larger wages, our large wages making exits for fringe/unwanted players difficult.

There's definitely improvements we can make going forward, it's a huge frustration at times because we are evidently very proficient in that regard and yet we go spells where we seem clueless or have no interest in committing to trying to take teams apart. Our supply line could improve too.