Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Brendan In or Out - Poll

Brendan - In or Out?  

635 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Brendan In or Brendan Out?

• In
    • Out

I note nobody was calling for him to be sacked after the recent 1-0 win v Liverpool re our last league win! Still rather knee jerk to want him sacked this season to a degree, given all the injuries, Covid cases amongst the squad, all the postponed games disruption and of course the AFCON leaving us depleted at times this month. Although I get that people are totally frustrated that we more or less had three points in the bag when going into injury time in midweek (and then ended up with nothing!) while we effectively dropped a further two points at home today too. If we then crash out of the FA Cup at Forest as holders then it will definitely be a season to forget. Not bad enough to go down but not good enough for even the top 10 this season, even though we presently still sit there - just about! The summer time will then decide what's what for Rodgers I think, not now.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd love him gone but no way that will happen. Too expensive to sack and not good enough to get a better job. 

We're stuck with him for the foreseeable future so I suppose we've just got to accept what we have become and hope for a cup run or two. 

It's all a bit underwhelming really 

1 minute ago, Guy said:

I note nobody was calling for him to be sacked after the recent 1-0 win v Liverpool re our last league win! Still rather knee jerk to want him sacked this season to a degree, given all the injuries, Covid cases amongst the squad, all the postponed games disruption and of course the AFCON leaving us depleted at times this month. Although I get that people are totally frustrated that we more or less had three points in the bag when going into injury time in midweek (and then ended up with nothing!) while we effectively dropped a further two points at home today too. If we then crash out of the FA Cup at Forest as holders then it will definitely be a season to forget. Not bad enough to go down but not good enough for even the top 10 this season, even though we presently still sit there - just about! The summer time will then decide what's what for Rodgers I think, not now.   

I think most people can take in to account it hasn't been the easiest of seasons for him with injuries, Covid and AFCON. However with his tactics at times he doesn't  particularly help himself out which I think is where the issue lies. Add in the absolutely dreadful Europa campaign, that regardless of absentees the squad he had at his disposable should have had more than enough to see off Spartak and Legia.

• Like 3

Well, this will start out 53-47 out and end up 47 out, 53 in. 

He isnt being sacked this season (like it or not) because we clearly wont make top 5 and are unlikely to be relegated.  No incoming manager will turn us into champions/europa league places.

Deal with it and figure out at the end of the season if we want to back him quality signings or look to another manager. 

At this point i dont know what to think. It's either a one off bad season or the beginning of his end. One thing is for sure, he won't get much time to turn this around if this form continues.

4 minutes ago, Nalis said:

My current thinking is that I'm happy for the season to be played out as we arent going down but wont challenge for Europe and his focus on the cups might give us hope of going far in the FA Cup and Conference League. After this season though I think his cycle is coming to an end with us.

We have a massive summer coming up, this time next year we could either be in West Ham or Everton's position depending on recruitment and manager.

Exactly my thoughts. The club won’t spend £8 mill plus his staff to sack him. Particularly how it will be perceived to other potential managers. A mutual agreement is more likely at end of season. 

He can salvage himself with the cups. The leagues has been dead for a while and it should all be about getting KDH, Thomas etc game time. 

8 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Hes turned it round from the first season going into the second, don't see why he couldn't do it again with the right components in defence

Because managers stale, managers peak at clubs. Don’t get me wrong, wherever Rodgers ends up next, he’ll start incredibly well. Maybe have a couple of very good seasons (whilst people in here say ‘Told you we shouldn’t have got rid) before he inevitably stales again

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Alex_LCFC said:

And get who in? 

who is available that can push us forward? 

give your heads a wobble 

Why does it matter who we get in?

That’s not the question. The question is whether you want Rodgers as our manager.

Who else is available? There’s thousands of coaches who would want to manage at a Premier League club. So out of that lot, someone who’s a good manager. 

It’s incredible that there’s this automatic belief that we can only choose from about 10 managers (supposedly with Premier League experience - Curbishley still in that imaginary list these days?) There’s a whole world full of football people and it’s the club’s job to find one who would get the most out of this team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Hes turned it round from the first season going into the second, don't see why he couldn't do it again with the right components in defence

That's different he'd had a summer to halt the slide and change personel and another pre season to work with them.

He hasn't picked them up particularly well from last seasons dip either has he.

3 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

You expect to make good additions? when most of his signings have been rubbish!