Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Brendan In or Out - Poll

Brendan - In or Out?  

635 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Brendan In or Brendan Out?

• In
    • Out

38 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Rightly? It was an incorrectly awarded penalty. 

I don't agree that we struggled for large parts of the game. Brighton were the better team over the first 45m but we were by far the more dominant side in the second half. We certainly weren't "outplayed" in either.

Ok, say I agree with you (which I don’t). What have you proved here that is worth an exchange of post between us. You’ve taken solace in a 45 minute performance (more accurately in was about 30 minutes). But accepted for the first 45 we were second best. I know standards are low at the moment but I don’t know what I’m meant to be debating you on here. 

3 minutes ago, Dames said:

I still can’t believe the injuries excuse is washing after so long. 

Injuries don’t decide to sit back and invite Brighton to attack you relentlessly for 30 minutes at your own ground. Poor management does. Poor management that has become far to consistent.

Rodgers needs to either change or go. Even with a fully fit squad, he would have made the same decisions today. 

I don't think people are blaming the specifics of going defensive on the injuries (at least, I've not seen that direct correlation).

But generally, when people discuss Rodgers' tenure, the last 2 seasons have been severely impacted by injuries and that has to be taken into account no matter which side of the fence you're on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I don't think people are blaming the specifics of going defensive on the injuries (at least, I've not seen that direct correlation).

But generally, when people discuss Rodgers' tenure, the last 2 seasons have been severely impacted by injuries and that has to be taken into account no matter which side of the fence you're on.

I think people are blaming recent results/performances on injuries but with a depleted squad we beat Liverpool and we’ve led against Spurs and Brighton, poor management and naivety have lost those positions. 

I do agree with injuries having an impact but it is also getting to a point is are the injuries down to a severe chronic case of bad luck or is there an element of poor management involved too? We’ve never ever had injuries like this and even taking into account the circumstances, there seems to be far too many injuries. 

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Ok, say I agree with you (which I don’t). What have you proved here that is worth an exchange of post between us. You’ve taken solace in a 45 minute performance (more accurately in was about 30 minutes). But accepted for the first 45 we were second best. I know standards are low at the moment but I don’t know what I’m meant to be debating you on here. 

Nothing more than your claim that Brighton outplayed us twice. Which they didn't. That's all. 

In.

Brendan at his best is the best we can obtain right now.

I fear his head might be in a different place though and he might feel as though he's taken us as far as he can and want a different challenge. If so, it's best for all parties if he goes at the end of the season.

But, if there's a chance he's motivated to see us through to the next level, refresh the squad and challenge again for Europe and trophies, then he has to stay.

My two reservations about him are his defensive performances (even with our best defenders available) and his European performances.

If he goes, I think we could identify someone good to replace him. But it would be a huge risk.

I’ve had enough of this br, media darling idiot . Him telling us we have reached our ceiling is totally wrong , he has reached his ceiling with us, we as a club can go beyond the ceiling . Do not listen to him .  Vichai made us believe . This fella is grinding that sprit down .  I have a good feeling , Vichai wouldn’t be too keen on hiring him if he was asked his opinion.  He sees a fraud , top knows this too . Out, but don’t give him a payoff , let him sweat it out .  I’ll happily suffer to see this fraud suffer long as we don’t get dragged into a relegation fight .  

3 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I think it's been a proper clanger of weekend for BR. The only ceiling we have reached is the self imposed negative tactics ceiling he himself has imposed. I think alas Mr Rogers is getting closer to that new challenge his CV is hoping for. 

Bournemouth or West Brom , perfect for his limited skills .  He doesn’t deserve a world class training ground, superb scouting, awsome owners that try their best .  I’m sick of this one step forward 1.5 steps back .  

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Silver surfer 1 said:

I’ve had enough of this br, media darling idiot . Him telling us we have reached our ceiling is totally wrong , he has reached his ceiling with us, we as a club can go beyond the ceiling . Do not listen to him .  Vichai made us believe . This fella is grinding that sprit down .  I have a good feeling , Vichai wouldn’t be too keen on hiring him if he was asked his opinion.  He sees a fraud , top knows this too . Out, but don’t give him a payoff , let him sweat it out .  I’ll happily suffer to see this fraud suffer long as we don’t get dragged into a relegation fight .  

It tends to be this sort of post that persuades me that 'in' is the right answer.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

It tends to be this sort of post that persuades me that 'in' is the right answer.

In is an answer yes, is it the right answer?  Fuched if I know anymore. I think Brendan has many flaws and many strengths. I think he is his own greatest obstacle. Will he ever sort himself out?  Not sure. However, cannot see anyone better on the horizon. All likely candidates are a bit left field and risky. 

I am currently splintered up sitting firmly on the fence. 

6 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Just to put it into context, Rodgers was tactically outdone today by an opposing manager who was sitting in his gaff with Covid and the assistant of the assistant at pitchside. 

A manager above us in the league with less injuries who actually barely drew. Yeah well out done.

He essentially never addresses long-standing issues. He’s never been at a club for more than 3 years and you can see why. It’s only ever going to be more of the same, he won’t change.

We’ve stopped progressing now, we peaked at 5th twice when we were capable of so much more.

I’m sick of it, the mentality is all wrong. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Silver surfer 1 said:

Who are you to speak for Vicahi?

Incredibly arrogant.

I think his son is better placed to gauge what his father would have wanted to do or not with staff at the club than you. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

In is an answer yes, is it the right answer?  Fuched if I know anymore. I think Brendan has many flaws and many strengths. I think he is his own greatest obstacle. Will he ever sort himself out?  Not sure. However, cannot see anyone better on the horizon. All likely candidates are a bit left field and risky. 

I am currently splintered up sitting firmly on the fence. 

Unless I can think of a viable, genuine alternative, my default position is 'in'. That, and so much of what people are stating as 'facts' are actually just projected guesses, and the usual tropes about ego, weak mentality and so forth.

• Like 1