Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Brendan In or Out - Poll

Brendan - In or Out?  

635 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Brendan In or Brendan Out?

• In
    • Out

Guest Chocolate Teapot

I think we should part ways in the summer. Hes a 3 year guy. This is the downward spiral, making less and less sense and reaching for the excuses.

Reset, rebuild and get a different voice in. A manager with a bit more grit would be welcome.

21 minutes ago, Babylon said:

A manager above us in the league with less injuries who actually barely drew. Yeah well out done.

Injuries had nothing to do with us  not winning today. Poor tactical choices did. Brighton changed it up, we went 5 at the back and from then on in, we got battered. They isolated Thomas and Rodgers didn't seem to have an answer for it. 

His best effort was taking Lookman off for Soumare and flooded the midfield when the proble areas were out wide. 

Make excuses for Rodgers all you want but he was tactically out thought today. 

As for "Barely drew".... C'mon mate! Brighton were BY FAR the better team that whole second half. 

Edited by Scotch

1 hour ago, Phenom said:

Injuries and absences have been the excuse for the last 3 seasons. Brendan’s gonna have to be held responsible for giving away leads sometime. 

Don’t get me wrong he’s made some bad decisions like all of them do but if the players he’s bringing on aren’t at the level of the ones your taking off what do you expect? 

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

We're not sacking him, not right now anyway.

For ****s sake we're not a crisis club.

We're not Everton.

No we are Little Old Leicester , tbh if we don’t qualify for Europe I doubt our better players will stay, we are in a catch 2 situation, we have some talented young players coming through the academy so that does bode well for our future.

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

I think we should part ways in the summer. Hes a 3 year guy. This is the downward spiral, making less and less sense and reaching for the excuses.

Reset, rebuild and get a different voice in. A manager with a bit more grit would be welcome.

Normalise moving on managers before it hits rock bottom. Things doesn't have go completely pear shaped before action is taken. 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Another clown who hasn’t read the full article.

I've read the article and it's annoying. Firstly he talks about the university of adversity which is bullshit and secondly he's trotting out the old finance line when he's paid as a top 6 manager for that very reason. He's here to coach and make players better, I'm seeing less and less evidence of his ability to do so.

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Utter poison those two 5ths and the fa cup win 😂

Failed Top 4’s you mean if you’re wanting to speak about the past

In the here and now he’s crippling our players, signing some dross, turning match days into something sadistic, all whilst bottling our winning position in the actual games 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 1

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

I would not ask for a replacement manager name, but could you say a type or exemplar from past/present that represents this gritty manager, as I assume you had an archetype in mind.

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Still going to be a £20-30m payoff in the summer, just can't see it happening

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, moore_94 said:

Still going to be a £20-30m payoff in the summer, just can't see it happening

No one knows the details but likely to be less if its in a season break and less if we don't finish top 10. They normally tend to be.

21 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Unless I can think of a viable, genuine alternative, my default position is 'in'. That, and so much of what people are stating as 'facts' are actually just projected guesses, and the usual tropes about ego, weak mentality and so forth.

I think there is an inner fear/weakness in him, but that is my opinion and not fact. I agree though, unless there is someone better around, which there isn’t, then we stick not twist. 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I would not ask for a replacement manager name, but could you say a type or exemplar from past/present that represents this gritty manager, as I assume you had an archetype in mind.

From England I like Potter and Frank. I enjoy Frank's rants - his sides are tough and he's a mad bastard. Potter is not exactly grit but his assistant is a tough guy - it's all nice classy guys with Rodgers.

Amorin I've mentioned before and believe he's out of contract in the summer.

Julienne Stephen would be another to look at.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

Out of context, two 5th place finishes sound brilliant, which in some ways they are. But consider the positions we were in for most of both of those seasons. Last season less so but the fact we didn’t finish in top four in the 19/20 season is an absolute travesty. How far clear were we? 

Just making the point as it seems to be glossed over. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The sad thing is I’m not really arsed about voting and not bothered either way. Think that probably represents where we are at the moment.

Although I don’t want him gone because I live in hope that he will change things around soon. I am so frustrated the way he is setting up the side at the moment - yes I know we have injuries - we are so negative in our style of play it is ridiculous. When we went to 5 at the back today, any chance of winning the game went.

Against West Ham, who are far superior to Brighton and Spurs, I think he’ll start with a back 10

Just now, kingkisnorbo said:

Out of context, two 5th place finishes sound brilliant, which in some ways they are. But consider the positions we were in for most of both of those seasons. Last season less so but the fact we didn’t finish in top four in the 19/20 season is an absolute travesty. How far clear were we? 

That is true, but BR cannot be held solely to account for that, as so many other factors came into play. It's never that simple, unless one chooses to make it so.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

A simplistic narrative of two 5th place finishes and a cup ignores two poor end of the seasons, a horror show in a semi at Villa and two horror shows in Europe. It's not been plain sailing.

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

A simplistic narrative of two 5th place finishes and a cup ignores two poor end of the seasons, a horror show in a semi at Villa and two horror shows in Europe. It's not been plain sailing.

Yeah, I forgot that. The European campaigns have both been nothing short of shameful. Went out to absolute dross for the most part.

Edited by kingkisnorbo

3 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

In. For now.

But I think we’re potentially starting to see the beginning of the end and him starting to manage the narrative around his exit. All of the “top five is the pinnacle”

stuff is in the hope that gets repeated by others after he’s left as a summary of his tenure: “Rodgers had a bad last season at Leicester but what about those two brilliant top 5 finishes?”. He conveniently forgets the pinnacle that came a couple of years before he arrived…

It irks me to hear him talk down what we can achieve with a squad arguably any manager outside the top 5 in this division would snap your hand off for.

He’s largely culpable for deficiencies this season. His injury record is terrible. The set piece defending he was too stubborn to change for ages to the point it cost us so many points. He got team selections wrong in Europe (the second season running). And he has signed and persistently played dross like Bertrand, Soumare and Vestergaard.

He loves to talk about lack of resources and how we’re ‘on par’ in mid table but he knows deep down this isn’t how football works. If it did then QPR wouldn’t have been bottom 3 when they were throwing out crazy wages for Premier League has beens, Brentford would be going down and, guess what, we’d have sailed through our Europa League group (as our budget is far superior to our opponents’). Oh and he’s on £10m a year so does that not kind of mean that he’s expected to deliver more than ‘on par’?

I struggle to warm to him and he’s so far up his own arse that he often fails to see where he’s to blame. But the reality is he’s delivered success with the FA Cup and had us looking like a top class side for a couple of years prior to this season. So despite him not inspiring it easily, I’m trying to give him patience.

The big two tests for me will be Forest and the Conference League. Out of either, or both of those, with a whimper and I’ll be saying Out.

I don't think he actually needs to push that narrative, it gets pushed by the media regardless, they love Rodgers so no matter what happens they'll remember the top 5 finishes and the FA Cup win.

Additionally bit harsh lumping a young player coming over from France in to the same catergory as Vestergaard and Bertrand who have experience and experience in this league.

• Like 1