Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Brendan In or Out - Poll

Brendan - In or Out?  

635 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Brendan In or Brendan Out?

• In
    • Out

5 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

In. For now.

But I think we’re potentially starting to see the beginning of the end and him starting to manage the narrative around his exit. All of the “top five is the pinnacle”

stuff is in the hope that gets repeated by others after he’s left as a summary of his tenure: “Rodgers had a bad last season at Leicester but what about those two brilliant top 5 finishes?”. He conveniently forgets the pinnacle that came a couple of years before he arrived…

It irks me to hear him talk down what we can achieve with a squad arguably any manager outside the top 5 in this division would snap your hand off for.

He’s largely culpable for deficiencies this season. His injury record is terrible. The set piece defending he was too stubborn to change for ages to the point it cost us so many points. He got team selections wrong in Europe (the second season running). And he has signed and persistently played dross like Bertrand, Soumare and Vestergaard.

He loves to talk about lack of resources and how we’re ‘on par’ in mid table but he knows deep down this isn’t how football works. If it did then QPR wouldn’t have been bottom 3 when they were throwing out crazy wages for Premier League has beens, Brentford would be going down and, guess what, we’d have sailed through our Europa League group (as our budget is far superior to our opponents’). Oh and he’s on £10m a year so does that not kind of mean that he’s expected to deliver more than ‘on par’?

I struggle to warm to him and he’s so far up his own arse that he often fails to see where he’s to blame. But the reality is he’s delivered success with the FA Cup and had us looking like a top class side for a couple of years prior to this season. So despite him not inspiring it easily, I’m trying to give him patience.

The big two tests for me will be Forest and the Conference League. Out of either, or both of those, with a whimper and I’ll be saying Out.

Good post

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Out of context, two 5th place finishes sound brilliant, which in some ways they are. But consider the positions we were in for most of both of those seasons. Last season less so but the fact we didn’t finish in top four in the 19/20 season is an absolute travesty. How far clear were we? 

Just making the point as it seems to be glossed over. 

You can’t mention the capitulations here, they never happened you know! 

9 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I think we should part ways in the summer. Hes a 3 year guy. This is the downward spiral, making less and less sense and reaching for the excuses.

Reset, rebuild and get a different voice in. A manager with a bit more grit would be welcome.

This is my take.

I'm not desperate for him to go currently but long term I'm concerned that the inevitable is happening where we're stagnating and probably tailing off and I'm fearful of him being behind the rebuild. If Congerton leaves and we take the injury problems seriously then Rodgers may still turn it around but it's ominous.

We're now getting on for the best part of a year since our league form has turned very mid tableesque and Puel got the sack on a similar points haul over the same period, he lost about 5 on the spin as well.

I don't get the mentality that 2nd half, we've seen it before from him but I thought we'd turned a corner since November on sitting back and retreating. We're pretty weak defensively and we know that injuries havent helped but he'd stopped trying to get us to shut up shop and invite pressure, knowing that's not a strength of ours at the minute. I think how naive we were against Spurs where we did keep pushing and not have any game management in that final couple of minutes may have had an effect today, and sadly not in a good way.

If he can win us the Conference League or at least take us to the semi's/final and prove he manage teams in Europe, albeit at a lower class or another FA Cup run then I'll have my confidence restored in him. But I fear he's checking out and we'll just waste time and money until it happens. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

A simplistic narrative of two 5th place finishes and a cup ignores two poor end of the seasons, a horror show in a semi at Villa and two horror shows in Europe. It's not been plain sailing.

Didn't we get screwed by VAR in that Villa game?

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

You can’t mention the capitulations here, they never happened you know! 

I think this is where the divide on Rodgers is most apparent. Although we have enjoyed a very successful period in our history, it should have been better. Our chance to break into that top echelon now is gone. The shop is shut now. 

8 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

In. For now.

But I think we’re potentially starting to see the beginning of the end and him starting to manage the narrative around his exit. All of the “top five is the pinnacle”

stuff is in the hope that gets repeated by others after he’s left as a summary of his tenure: “Rodgers had a bad last season at Leicester but what about those two brilliant top 5 finishes?”. He conveniently forgets the pinnacle that came a couple of years before he arrived…

It irks me to hear him talk down what we can achieve with a squad arguably any manager outside the top 5 in this division would snap your hand off for.

He’s largely culpable for deficiencies this season. His injury record is terrible. The set piece defending he was too stubborn to change for ages to the point it cost us so many points. He got team selections wrong in Europe (the second season running). And he has signed and persistently played dross like Bertrand, Soumare and Vestergaard.

He loves to talk about lack of resources and how we’re ‘on par’ in mid table but he knows deep down this isn’t how football works. If it did then QPR wouldn’t have been bottom 3 when they were throwing out crazy wages for Premier League has beens, Brentford would be going down and, guess what, we’d have sailed through our Europa League group (as our budget is far superior to our opponents’). Oh and he’s on £10m a year so does that not kind of mean that he’s expected to deliver more than ‘on par’?

I struggle to warm to him and he’s so far up his own arse that he often fails to see where he’s to blame. But the reality is he’s delivered success with the FA Cup and had us looking like a top class side for a couple of years prior to this season. So despite him not inspiring it easily, I’m trying to give him patience.

The big two tests for me will be Forest and the Conference League. Out of either, or both of those, with a whimper and I’ll be saying Out.

Absolutely spot on, exactly how I feel pretty much word for word! Great post mate👌

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I think this is where the divide on Rodgers is most apparent. Although we have enjoyed a very successful period in our history, it should have been better. Our chance to break into that top echelon now is gone. The shop is shut now. 

Agreed 

Its not even being negative. We bottled Top 4, twice, when it was harder to finish 5th

Its unbelievable how people conveniently gloss over that.

Or are easily pleased🤷🏻‍♂️

When people use the 5th place finishes as some kind of defence of Rodgers, it’s about as thought out as a 10 year old saying ‘so is your mum’ in the playground 😂

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 3

To hear him constantly come out in the press to protect his own reputation and talk down on both the club and the aspirations of the owners has really got to me this season. Top has just spent £100 million on a state of the art training ground and is looking to improve the stadium facilities, increase capacity and drastically regenerate the area around the stadium site, is that the sign of an owner who is prepared to accept that his club has already peaked or reached “their pinnacle”?  

The football we play now is worse than the football we played under Puel, despite the playing squad being much higher standard that what Puel had to work with. I’ve never been so uninterested in a Leicester City team as I am at this current time. He over complicates the games unnecessarily, there were times today that the players were looking at each other confused or looking to Brendan for instruction. He went from a 4-2-3-1 when we scored to a 4-4-2 diamond and then ended up with a 5-3-2, why?

We were much the better side in the first half and then we got the goal basically from kick off in the second half, what in that short period of time would then cause him to drastically change the game plan? It was telling that JJ came out in the media after the game to slyly criticise the managers change in tactics. Everything has a shelf life and I do think things have gone stale under Brendan. We need a change as the impetus has gone and the mentality of the squad matches the managers. “Leicester fans should be happy with what we’ve already done” - no thanks.  

• Like 2

We can’t defend to save our lives so going ultra cautious for 40 minutes is just putting us under extreme pressure. Everybody could see an equaliser coming but Rodgers. If we had Fofana and Evans at the back the same thing happens today.

3 clean sheets still all season, 1.85 goals conceded per game :nono:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

I am genuinely intrigued what the "In" camp think will change if he stays? We have played so negatively for so long now and every win feels like such an uphill struggle. It is quite clear he is stuck in his ways and he will always try to make us a possession based defensive team.....which we will never be. What enjoyment are you actually getting from watching us play?

Ask me again on 18th Feb, when the season could well be over

In for now but if he can't demonstrate that he has the capacity to make us harder to play against when the going gets tough , by the end of this season, then I'm out. He's started to chunter about injuries, over achieving and limited resources as reasons for this season's performances. Never heard a peep when we were doing well. So what's changed?  Have the feeling his personal negativity might be feeding through to the players now.   

10 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

To hear him constantly come out in the press to protect his own reputation and talk down on both the club and the aspirations of the owners has really got to me this season. Top has just spent £100 million on a state of the art training ground and is looking to improve the stadium facilities, increase capacity and drastically regenerate the area around the stadium site, is that the sign of an owner who is prepared to accept that his club has already peaked or reached “their pinnacle”?  

The football we play now is worse than the football we played under Puel, despite the playing squad being much higher standard that what Puel had to work with. I’ve never been so uninterested in a Leicester City team as I am at this current time. He over complicates the games unnecessarily, there were times today that the players were looking at each other confused or looking to Brendan for instruction. He went from a 4-2-3-1 when we scored to a 4-4-2 diamond and then ended up with a 5-3-2, why?

We were much the better side in the first half and then we got the goal basically from kick off in the second half, what in that short period of time would then cause him to drastically change the game plan? It was telling that JJ came out in the media after the game to slyly criticise the managers change in tactics. Everything has a shelf life and I do think things have gone stale under Brendan. We need a change as the impetus has gone and the mentality of the squad matches the managers. “Leicester fans should be happy with what we’ve already done” - no thanks.  

I’ll say it again the football is no way worse than Puel. Until today’s we scored goals at a good rate and it’s the defending that let us down.

The defending set up is worthy of criticism and I was utterly pissed off with the tactical change today. The idea we are negative is just plain incorrect; we score goals freely. Since I’d say Villa away, there’s been a notable improvement with the attacking players. Maddison and Lookman in particular 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
18 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Didn't we get screwed by VAR in that Villa game?

Yep but you tend to make your own luck. We definitely didn't deserve to beat a honking villa team.

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’ll say it again the football is no way worse than Puel. Until today’s we scored goals at a good rate and it’s the defending that let us down.

Agreed, the football under Puel was horrifying. Yes, we somehow played well away at Spurs and still got tanned 3-1 but that stretch of games from the turn of 2019 to when he got sacked were vulgar.