Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Brendan In or Out - Poll

Brendan - In or Out?  

635 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Brendan In or Brendan Out?

• In
    • Out

Still in the FA cup and defending champions and still in Europe though an inferior Cup, not of course if you win it and get Europa League football next season. Lots of could haves should haves but history says 2 x 5th place finishes and an FA Cup win, Not seeing any suggestions for managers that could better this. The squad should be offering more but injury has ravaged us again, maybe we would be better off looking at why we have so many injuries, are we doing something wrong and how to maximise what has got to be one of the best training complexes in world football

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

General Manager at Atalanta is the kind of role you would expect him to accept despite that - was the same with Macia (who I think we should try to get back)

Could be Atalanta have been approaching him for a while and he half-arsed the summer business with his mind elsewhere, but I still don’t think there is that much to read into with it

Is Macia in work at the minute? Can't find anything on him since he left Bordeaux

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Hes Rodgers' man, he wanted him as he's wanted all his staff, I do think there's something in him going and the discontent about the summer business.

Rodgers has a track record of letting his staff to take the can when the execs do their reviews. 

Probably leaning more towards out at the end of the season now although I do worry who we’d replace him with. Not because there isn’t anyone out there, more because I worry we don’t have the imagination to go and get someone more left field and progressive. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Would love Amorin here, and maybe our club is right for him as he won't have the pressure of a bigger clubs like ManU. If Villa can get up and coming Gerrard why can't we go and try to get him.

Another candidate would be Diego Martinez who Leeds want this summer when Biesla's contract finishes.

Diego's side Granada were outstanding, his signing and loans which were got for hardly anything. 

His nonsense pressing football and counterattacking football were compared to the Leicester season by football writers. 

He's studied in England so his English is pretty good and knows alot about English football as he used to go and watch games.

Plus as a former full back he can sort out our defense.

Good thread.

Christophe Galtier would be amazing, too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Failed Top 4’s you mean if you’re wanting to speak about the past

In the here and now he’s crippling our players, signing some dross, turning match days into something sadistic, all whilst bottling our winning position in the actual games 

I’m guessing he didn’t put us in a position to get top four in the first place then hey. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I've read the article and it's annoying. Firstly he talks about the university of adversity which is bullshit and secondly he's trotting out the old finance line when he's paid as a top 6 manager for that very reason. He's here to coach and make players better, I'm seeing less and less evidence of his ability to do so.

First? It’s about 2/3 though the article. lol

2 hours ago, Scotch said:

Injuries had nothing to do with us  not winning today. Poor tactical choices did. Brighton changed it up, we went 5 at the back and from then on in, we got battered. They isolated Thomas and Rodgers didn't seem to have an answer for it. 

His best effort was taking Lookman off for Soumare and flooded the midfield when the proble areas were out wide. 

Make excuses for Rodgers all you want but he was tactically out thought today. 

As for "Barely drew".... C'mon mate! Brighton were BY FAR the better team that whole second half. 

And yet created less than us in the game. Battered lol

Imagine having 5 + defenders out and a kid being isolated, and apparently it being nothing to do with it.

• Like 1

I'm still saying in at the momemt as the team has been battered by injuries BUT I am really getting the feeling from his comments, body language etc he doesn't want to be here anymore. He isnt getting the money he wants, it's just not working tactically anymore and I guess he must be frustrated at the injury situation.  I find his comments odd as surely he doesn't want the players to have the mentality of they have over achieved and already reached their pinnacle. Really really bizarre.  

I'm so torn on him. He's capable of coaching his teams to score a lot of goals and take teams apart but at times he seems to want to halt that and get his team to prove they can get results another way. That said, he seemed to also know when to shut a game down and take complete control or keep attacking and not risk handing the momentum back to the chasing team. But right now we're not strong enough to invite pressure and soak it up, we've been defending badly all season and are one of the worst for shots against and yet he's openly opted for that for a full 35 minutes after we took the lead and had played fairly well first half.

I still stand by the view that he gets in the way of himself, he over thinks things at times and they seldom pay off. Stick to what you're good at Brendan. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Babylon said:

And yet created less than us in the game. Battered lol

Imagine having 5 + defenders out and a kid being isolated, and apparently it being nothing to do with it.

I'm not talking about the game. I'm talking about when they started making changes. We were in control, both teams made changes, theirs worked and ours didn't and we were under pressure for most of the game from there on in. 

It didn't matter who it was, Thomas or prime Maldini. He was beat for pace and was being double teamed by Lamptey and Moder. He needed help and neither Soyuncu or KDH were getting out to help him. You could possibly argue that had we had Ricardo we could have moved JJ to the left who is a bit quicker but in reality, it was a good tactical decision from Brighton that Rodgers didn't seem to have an answer for. 

After swapping Barnes for Albrighton, we should have kept the wingers and moved Lookman to the left so that he could track back and use his pace to help Thomas. This is were Rodgers got it wrong in my opinion. 

• Like 2

43% think go 🤣🤣🤣 just get Potter in right? Or who? Ffs if Everton can't find one better than carlo or benitez why would we be able to?

To doubt the manager now with all these injuries and having loads of games in hand is just stupid, this poll is stupid.