Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Brendan In or Out - Poll

Brendan - In or Out?  

635 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Brendan In or Brendan Out?

• In
    • Out

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

If he’s a top 6 manager then why in the past 2 years have neither, Chelsea, Spurs or Man Utd came in for him when they’ve all been looking for new managers? 

Spurs definitely looked at him, and he could’ve definitely had it if he wanted it

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Spurs definitely looked at him, and he could’ve definitely had it if he wanted it

Looking and making an approach are two different things. Spurs looked at a lot of people last year but they decided that Rodgers wouldn’t be worth stumping up for, before hiring and after sacking Nuno. 

If he really truly was a top 6 manager, one of the money clubs would have brought him out by now but none of them think he’s worth it. Considering some of the money they’ve thrown around on guff over the past 2 years it says a lot more about Rodgers than it does them. 

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Because there are other managers out there in the world of a similar quality too who would be a lot cheaper to recruit and would want to go to those clubs. We gave Rodgers a big contract to deter those sides coming in as it's extremely unlikely we'll attract a manager of a similar caliber. 

So your whole argument essentially is that Rodgers is too big for us and we should be forever grateful for as long as he blesses us with his presence because no other top quality manager would ever come near us? 

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

My argument is that I personally think he's our greatest ever manager that I've seen in my lifetime, and that we shouldn't just look to get rid of him when we are performing as you'd expect with the amount of adversity faced this season. Things will come good again under Rodgers - Liverpool fans weren't asking for Klopp to go when they were in a similar predicament last season because they knew that it wasn't a true reflection of the side with so many injuries and other factors having an affect on the results. 

And yeah, to be honest I don't think there's any manager in the world that we could attract who is generally seen as similar level of quality manager as Rodgers. 

Surely you’re on a wind up?

• Like 1

Since Brendan came in, we’ve pushed the top four as far as we did when we won the title. We’ve won a trophy that we have been lusting after since it’s inception, and we’ve become a regular European side increasing our stock amongst the European elites. 

There have only been a few blots in Brendans book, but we are stuck in a semi-serious rut at the moment.

The thing is, over the last three seasons we’ve stood toe to toe with the best teams in Europe…. We’ve systematically dissected each of Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, Man United, Arsenal and Spurs….. and these have not just been narrow gutsy wins, in each of the seasons Brendan has been our coach, we’ve played each of those teams off the park, and in some cases destroyed them. 

This team is not over achieving, this team is performing way short of its capabilities…

Players are starting to come back from injury, we’re still there or there about’s still in two cup competitions and still have time to make a success of this season.

The ONE thing I ask of Brendan, is whatever issues he is harbouring to put them on the back burner and re-light that flame that has seemingly gone out this season. 

I refuse to accept we’re an average PL side because we’re not, we’re one of the finest teams in the league, filled with young talent that’s enough to make scouts froth at the mouth. It’s time we turned this form around and got back on that bike, and we have a perfect opportunity against Forest. 

There’s still success in this season, let’s make a fist of this second half and who knows, we couple be double cup winners and still sneak into the top six. 

Come on you blue ****ers, I know you read this Forum Madders, so slap the lads in the face, tell Brendan to cheer the **** up, and go and **** the league up. 

Edited by Pliskin

In, still. Totally. 

Under Brendan we have won the FA Cup (beating the Champions League winners), and the Community Sheild (beating the Prem winners), we have played in Europe every year since he took over, we have put together an enviable squad including many excellent excellent, international players, all across the pitch, usually without breaking the bank. He's not responsible for all of that, and there are areas of real disappointment (its a shame not to get Champions League football, some of the appointments have been duffers, etc), but its still a record of success that few managers outside of Pep can lay claim to. Not only has he been good for us, he's been pretty consistently good for us. 

I do not greatly care if we don't meet these standards this season - our defense, in particular, is almost completely crocked, we are playing players out of position all over the pitch, and we are relying on our second or third choice players regularly. Brendan could probably deal with this better than he is at times, but its not easy and any manager would struggle. 

Chasing a new manager bounce over and over again when there are obvious reasons why we are struggling is totally, totally foolish: Its how teams fall apart - its the the Watford strategy. Sacking managers when there is no replacement firmed up in the pipeline also usually has the same result, if not worse. In fact, I am far, far more worried about that, than I am about Brendan staying. 

I can understand people being frustrated with a run of bad results, and I don't think Brendan is perfect by any means (although I appreciate I am bigging him up here) but I would much rather recognise the impressively consistent success we have had under him, and give him time. Lots more time, frankly, if we know that somewhere out there, Frank Lampard is slouching towards us!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....if a new manager came in now, he would have the advantage of getting to know the players seeing what he has to work with and assessing what he needs in the summer!!!

If you are considering this season to be a write off (I personally am not, there is so much more than we can gain in the league as well as cups) then keeping him here is more a waste that a help to the club.

We followed that thinking when Brendan was brought in.  It's a good idea and I could see our owners employing the same strategy... if they thought Brendan's time was done here.

42 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

My argument is that I personally think he's our greatest ever manager that I've seen in my lifetime, and that we shouldn't just look to get rid of him when we are performing as you'd expect with the amount of adversity faced this season. Things will come good again under Rodgers - Liverpool fans weren't asking for Klopp to go when they were in a similar predicament last season because they knew that it wasn't a true reflection of the side with so many injuries and other factors having an affect on the results. 

And yeah, to be honest I don't think there's any manager in the world that we could attract who is generally seen as similar level of quality manager as Rodgers. 

Hi Brendan 

In, but...

1. He needs to change this mentality of us punching above our weight - yes the 'Big 6' have more money than us, but when we have a fully fit squad we are a match for 4 out of 6 of them
  2. He needs to work out how to get our best XI out there more regularly. We can't sustain a push for top 6 if we don't have our best players available and that comes down to him and his coaching staff. I can excuse the freak impact injuries (JJ, Fofana) but the number of muscle injuries is beyond a joke now*
  3. Linked to the first point - work out how to see a game out without sitting in and absorbing pressure. This idea that "the momentum is with the other team when you go 1-0 up" is crap. If that was the case teams would never win 2-0, 3-0....9-0. He needs to go back to what he was preaching when he first came in - we need to be more ruthless. Expect more from ourselves and be hard on ourselves when we don't deliver. A mate said to me this morning - "he never looks that bothered when you lose"

*fully accept the pressures of a compressed schedule but it still needs to be managed better. 

Edited by adam95581
clarification
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Evans came straight off didn’t he?

Think he had also played full 90 in the majority of games in the 2 months prior to the injury, I doubt there was a belief he would pull his hamstring 5 minutes into the game chasing and overstretching for a long ball

But yeah what they did with Vardy was stupid

Sorry I was referring to Evans past injuries where he's carried on playing. Although even this recent injury I've been told that the medical staff thought he'd be able to run a grade 4 tear off 😂

Last season , we had our " best eleven" out and got our arses kicked, that's football. The "absolutely wonderful" Man.City , best team in the world according to some hacks , can't beat Southampton. We should not expect to beat anybody in the PL , we have to earn it. If by some miracle ,we had our supposed best eleven out every week ,we would still lose matches.

I think he is understandably feeling a bit fed up. The amount of injuries has decimated the squad and eventually that takes its toll.  I'm still very Brendan in as its unfair to judge fully with the amount of players out. It's only now we have a small amount coming back. This team has not played together for a very long time and that has made it hard to build momentum and as a manager plan.  Let's get through this season and get players back and fit and go again next year.  It hasn't been a great year but I have never seen the amount of injuries like this.  The break will be welcome for the team I'm sure!

Don't get me wrong some of his decisions are very puzzling and I think he has lost his way but maybe he has lost some confidence in himself too.

@pmcla26 I still think we should have more points in the league than we do and should still be in the Europa League.
Despite the injuries we still had a decent side out yesterday and have done in many of our other atrocious performances this season.

Regarding a replacement, it’s not my job to find a replacement for him. I don’t know who would be interested and who is obtainable. There has been plenty of names banded around on here by others though.

One thing I’m sure about is that we wouldn’t be short of applicants for the job.

Edited by Lcfc82
  • Like 1

Honestly yesterday was the first time I could truly blame BR for the loss. I have stuck up for him in the past, but yesterday was simple, the formation change led us to not winning that game, not just for pure tactical reasons (although the majority of the blame was because of that) it also sapped the confidence from the players, he basically didn't believe that the team with 4 at the back could score more goals or keep the lead. Major mistake by BR yesterday in my opinion. Saying all that, I still think he is a great coach and man manager. He just needs to stop over thinking at times, also needs to take on some of the blame because at the moment he just deflects the blame, like yesterday he accused the team of not keeping hold of the ball, however it was his tactical decision that caused this.

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sorry I was referring to Evans past injuries where he's carried on playing. Although even this recent injury I've been told that the medical staff thought he'd be able to run a grade 4 tear off 😂

This medical staff I swear to god lol

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

We've had serious injury problems (which Rodgers isn't blameless for) but in almost every game we've still managed to have a very good team out in most cases. The aggregate of our injuries is dreadful but in most games we've had a near full strength team out bar 2 or 3 players. Even harking back to last season the 4-2 home losses against Newcastle and Spurs, we weren't missing Fofana then and we were still toss. 

These aren't full strength teams but they're still incredibly talented and should be playing far better than the results suggest. Yesterday, Potter would snap your hand off to have our team at his disposal - Danny Welbeck was massively influential in changing the game ffs.

2-1 loss Brighton A

1Kasper Schmeichel

4Çağlar Söyüncü

5Ryan Bertrand

7Harvey Barnes

8Youri Tielemans

9Jamie Vardy

10James Maddison

21Ricardo Pereira

23Jannik Vestergaard

25Wilfred Ndidi

42Boubakary Soumaré

2-2 Burnley H

1Kasper Schmeichel

4Çağlar Söyüncü

5Ryan Bertrand

7Harvey Barnes

8Youri Tielemans

9Jamie Vardy

21Ricardo Pereira

23Jannik Vestergaard

25Wilfred Ndidi

37Ademola Lookman

42Boubakary Soumaré

Arsenal 0-2 H

1Kasper Schmeichel

4Çağlar Söyüncü

6Jonny Evans

8Youri Tielemans

9Jamie Vardy

10James Maddison

14Kelechi Iheanacho

18Daniel Amartey

27Timothy Castagne

33Luke Thomas

42Boubakary Soumaré

When everybody is fit (which could be never the way it's going, there's no magic wand that reverts us back to autumn 2019. Over the next 2 years there's going to be a greater turnover of players than we've witnessed for a long time. Rodgers' transfer dealing wherever he's been have been mixed at best and poor in most cases, he's not the manager to lead us forward at all.

Besides the injuries just the number of times we capitulate is a disastrous. Last season, Arsenal, Leeds and Spurs were home games were we took the lead and blew it. We blew it against a worse Villa team in the League cup. We've got a terrible record in Europe under him. Losing at Legia and drawing at home to Spartak are dreadful results. We had about 45 seconds against Spurs and about 40 minutes against Brighton to see out a win - we couldn't.

I just don't see how it changes. We're not conceding loads because we're an aggressive gung-ho attacking side at the cost of a defence like a Bielsa or Gasperini side. We concede too many through poor tactical decisions, team selections, naivety, and dreadful organisation.

3 league clean sheets all season, Norwich and Burnley have kept 4.

Conceded the third most shots all season.

5th highest xGA conceded.

6th most goals conceded.

Soyuncu, Pereira and Tielemans' contracts are running out. Evans is on a sharp physical decline, Vardy is 35 and picking up a greater number of injuries than ever. The spine of our team needs renewing and I have so little faith in Rodgers' input in our most critical juncture in years.

well said mate, too many in here blaming injuries. we have a good enough squad to be top 7 without a doubt with injuries, or at least top 8, and there is nothing, i repeat nothing that excuses the bottle jobs that rodgers has been in charge of here. one time i can get it, but he has mentally destroyed us. dont get me wrong, hes done a lot of good, but you cant excuse the capitulations that weve seen under him. the problem is he that he is too damn stubborn to change. im on the fence with him. i want to see how we do in the cups. if he werent so stubborn id be 100 percent rodgers in. 

• Like 1

IN the middle so cannot vote.

I am definitely less IN than I was last season, the sitting back on a 1-0 lead is really quite frustrating and if we can stop doing that then we'll certainly start picking up results. Although, as it took so long for BR to make the obvious change in defending corners I'm not sure it's something he will be changing any time soon.

IF we could have continued attacking yesterday and not sat back I am sure we would have won that game. But then, as has been mentioned previously BR is an influential manager who players pay attention to, and is someone we may not have been able to attract before, not that that means we should continue following him blindly if we fall to defeat after defeat because of his stubbornness.

I was around for the highs of the MON era and the lows of slipping to League One but the team we have now is far and away above the level that I've ever seen in a Leicester team, but why should we settle for that? Continuing improvement is something every football club strives for and we are no different. Current performances should be judged on current conditions and no matter your thoughts on the matter I am sure you agree that this squad should certainly be top 7/8 in this league, and if BR doesn't believe that is achievable he can no longer be man for the job.

Having said that, I am happy for him to remain at the helm if he makes a few adjustments and doesn't keep trying to defend a slender lead, however if someone like Graham Potter were willing to come to us I think that'd be a no brainer.

• Like 1

He’s easily been the most consistent manager we have had at the club for a long while (with the exception of this season). Two top 6 finishes, FA cup and Community Shield. If we had a fully fit squad this season who knows how we would of faired. I feel like it would be slightly unfair to judge him based on this season alone. Personally I don’t think top would even be thinking about sacking him. He would most definitely be judged next season by all though

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, seanymac said:

In.  Why would you get rid of your most successful manager, during the clubs most successful period in it's entire history unless you're a moron? 

I'm not saying that I necessarily disagree about Rodgers but just to add, Ranieri was our most successful manager during our most successful period at the point of being fired and I think that we can all agree that it turned out for the best. 

Tbh I find it absolutely ridiculous that people want him out, and classless as well. 

He's won us the FA Cup, the Community Shield and had two top 5 finishes in the PL with us having only been here for a few years. What he has achieved is fantastic.

We've been hit with illness and injuries pretty hard this season and at the end of last season and now have players at AFCON. This season we haven't been able to find our stride, as soon as one or two first team players come back, 3 or four are out injured or on International duty.

We aren't in a relegation scrap, we're not even mid way in the lower half of the table. 

And, let's say the people who voted out did get their way - what do you propose we do next? What manager do you firmly believe would be a better man to take us forward? I'd love to hear that.

For me, Brendan is a class manager, and he stays.

• Like 3

Well said SMR. That's a fair point about Ranieri but we were one point above relegation when we sacked him.  We are tenth currently, with games in hand.  If the season ended today it would still rank as one of our most successful ever seasons.    

Edited by seanymac

3 hours ago, jim5000 said:

Fofana having his leg snapped, Evans with his long term injury, Richardo getting his leg broken on his return, Jamie Vardy creaking at 35 years old - they’re not really Rodgers fault tbh

....those are not issues from last season, where once again we imploded!!!

The two 5th place finishes are worn like a badge of honour, when in all honesty we failed to achieve the achievable and now Rodgers hints an not having the finance to compete. The Champions League is worth £50m we failed twice to retain our position in the league, that is £100m which could have strengthened our squad or made our loans significantly less.