Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Brendan In or Out - Poll

Brendan - In or Out?  

635 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Brendan In or Brendan Out?

• In
    • Out

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

For context, the last 11 months results and points total aren't too far off Claude Puel's who for that entire year was under huge pressure to be sacked. OK, he didn't have some top 5 finishes and a cup to his name but when you're approaching nearly a full calendar year of similar results it's very difficult to brush that off. If anything it's even harder to brush off with Rodgers given we clearly see what him and the side he's built are capable of. It's under performance and at what point can he correct it? If he can't then at what point are we willing to make that huge decision and not ignore it? 

For all that he’s capable of when things are going well he hasn’t shown much in terms of being able to turn things around once they get tough. Two seasons in a row he couldn't reverse league collapses and this season he’s not shown much in terms of being able to navigate through poor form and injury troubles with any consistency. 

He needs to be showing more because its make or break time for his career. If he doesn’t turn it around he’ll never ever escape the bottler allegations and no top club will go near him. 

4 minutes ago, Dames said:

For all that he’s capable of when things are going well he hasn’t shown much in terms of being able to turn things around once they get tough. Two seasons in a row he couldn't reverse league collapses and this season he’s not shown much in terms of being able to navigate through poor form and injury troubles with any consistency. 

He needs to be showing more because its make or break time for his career. If he doesn’t turn it around he’ll never ever escape the bottler allegations and no top club will go near him. 

I'll credit him for turning that latter part of 2019/20 slump around at the start of 2020/21 which set the tone for another strong season due to the incredible consistency over the 1st half of the season.

However, the slump from the latter part of 2020/21 hasn't been rectified has it, this season is an extension of that where we are averaging around 1.3 points a game vs 1.8 - 2 points a game that he managed to do right from the off in March 2019 through to January 2020 and then from the start of the 2020/21 season through to February 2021.

The longer this very mediocre points return continues then there's less argument to stick up for him. We're nearly a year in to this slump, that's no longer a slump and more par for the course and in which case casting back to other periods are less relevant with every passing game/week/month. A mid table manager doesn't deserve to command £10m a season, end of. 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'll credit him for turning that latter part of 2019/20 slump around at the start of 2020/21 which set the tone for another strong season due to the incredible consistency over the 1st half of the season.

However, the slump from the latter part of 2020/21 hasn't been rectified has it, this season is an extension of that where we are averaging around 1.3 points a game vs 1.8 - 2 points a game that he managed to do right from the off in March 2019 through to January 2020 and then from the start of the 2020/21 season through to February 2021.

The longer this very mediocre points return continues then there's less argument to stick up for him. We're nearly a year in to this slump, that's no longer a slump and more par for the course and in which case casting back to other periods are less relevant with every passing game/week/month. A mid table manager doesn't deserve to command £10m a season, end of. 

I agree. This isn’t a slump. Our stats make for poor reading and I was having a conversation last week with a work mate about our league position.

I think we’ve been fortunate this season that the ‘bottom sides’ are so poor. Norwich, Watford, Newcastle etc have been pretty dreadful. If this was a more competitive campaign we’d be lower down the table this term, for sure.

To make out that this form represents some type of ‘slump’ just isn’t true. We’ve been not very good (with the odd great win) for a long time now.

The problem is there is little sign of Rodgers turning it around.

Why? Because we simply keep doing the same things nearly every week. Playing the same, the same errors etc

That isn’t a slump.

That said, I GENUINELY wouldn’t know which way to go at present. Rodgers in or Rodgers out. Something makes me think we’d find it difficult to get better than him despite the misgivings. And I think it’s academic anyway. As I said above, he’s so much a part of the furniture I doubt the owners would chuck him. 
I think we need to get used to mid table inconsistent performances for some time

Edited by Col city fan

I think if we sacked him now or in the summer neutrals and the media would find it bizarre because on paper he has delivered more than we expected.

However, once you dig into the detail and consider the narrative you start to see why so many fans are becoming disillusioned.

Let's start with the narrative. An FA Cup and two top 5 finishes are big achievements, but that doesn't tell the full story. One of the defining aspects of the Rodgers reign for me has been "what could have been" and our consistent ability to throw away wonderful positions, whether that be within individual matches or within competitions themselves. In both of the last couple of seasons we've shown how good we can be for half of the season, tailed off and ultimately imploded when it seemed harder not to finish in the top 4. That is equally gutting as it is worrying. Those two collapses, and the aftermaths after, are two of the lowest and angriest I've felt regarding football and I attribute a good chunk of the blame at Rodger's feet for that. He got us into those positions, and rightly has been praised for that, but he also lead us through those collapses, like he did at Liverpool, which can't be overlooked.

Then there is the detail. There is the style of play, which most of the time is quite dull, slow, soft and passive. I just don't think that is ever going to go down well with Leicester fans when it's not backed up with results. I think the fans love Leicester teams that have resilience, aggression and never know when they are beaten. I think it's a reflection on the city, but it's not a reflection on this current Leicester team.

Add to that the injury crisis that follows him round, his fairy regular tactical brain-farts, his record in Europe, his bizarre comments in the press of late, his constant state of self-preservation and some of the recent recruitment and i think it's perfectly justified that people are questioning him, especially when he earns so much.

The question I keep asking myself is could we, or should we, be doing better? I feel like the first halves of the last two seasons have given us a glimpse of what we could achieve when this squad are firing. What we have now is far away from that, but do we think Rodgers can get us close to that again? I have my doubts and can't help but feel like we may need a new voice and a new energy to achieve it.

I hope he can achieve though and, if not, I hope it doesn't turn too toxic for him here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I agree. This isn’t a slump. Our stats make for poor reading and I was having a conversation last week with a work mate about our league position.

I think we’ve been fortunate this season that the ‘bottom sides’ are so poor. Norwich, Watford, Newcastle etc have been pretty dreadful. If this was a more competitive campaign we’d be lower down the table this term, for sure.

To make out that this form represents some type of ‘slump’ just isn’t true. We’ve been not very good (with the odd great win) for a long time now.

The problem is there is little sign of Rodgers turning it around.

Why? Because we simply keep doing the same things nearly every week. Playing the same, the same errors etc

That isn’t a slump.

That said, I GENUINELY wouldn’t know which way to go at present. Rodgers in or Rodgers out. Something makes me think we’d find it difficult to get better than him despite the misgivings. And I think it’s academic anyway. As I said above, he’s so much a part of the furniture I doubt the owners would chuck him. 
I think we need to get used to mid table inconsistent performances for some time

2 away wins all season as well and yet our home form is what seems to be most critiqued. A string of very tough away games to come as well which could see him in Claude Puel territory.

I’m choosing to keep him for now. Let’s get everyone back fully fit then finish strong. This season is probably gone as far as finishing in the top 6. If Rogers can’t finish strong and continues to balls things up by the summer then he should go. Until then give him everything he needs but he has to start feeling some pressure now. Some of the games we’ve lost recently are bizarre to say the least. The buck stops with him.

be wise to have a back up plan anyway whether he gets the boot or goes of his own accord. Potter at Brighton is very sought after all of a sudden! lol Rogers was too not too long ago lol. COYF

I’ve listened to his post match interview and it really does bother me how he speaks in the media….

He sounds a bit like a dad who’s coaching a bunch of nomads “yea a point was a fair result”….. the reality is Brendan you tossed the game away with inept tactical decisions, that horribly backfired anyway because Welbeck scored…… 

His media exploits are getting worse and worse….. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, seanymac said:

The slump that includes winning the FA Cup, community shield and finishing 5th?  If this is a slump I'd hate to hear how you define the other 137 years of our history. 

It would have been some feat to finish lower than 5th from March onwards last season would it not? 

Tbh we aren’t going to get relegated with Brendan so it just makes sense to make a decision at the end of the season. 

He hasn’t lost the players, at all. Everyone is still putting in their all and unless you face relegation or still believe you can achieve something, then that’s all you look at. 

If he fixes the issues and gets us back to where we can be, then I’ll back him. We still have the ability to be frightening with a full strength side.  

I know the manner of the defeat was terrible but the same people who all predicted a loss to Brighton want him gone for getting a draw ... 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Tbh we aren’t going to get relegated with Brendan so it just makes sense to make a decision at the end of the season. 

He hasn’t lost the players, at all. Everyone is still putting in their all and unless you face relegation or still believe you can achieve something, then that’s all you look at. 

If he fixes the issues and gets us back to where we can be, then I’ll back him. We still have the ability to be frightening with a full strength side.  

I know the manner of the defeat was terrible but the same people who all predicted a loss to Brighton want him gone for getting a draw ... 

I agree with you and have said this a few times recently, the players still believe in Rodgers which is important. With the backing of the players, there's not the complexity of him getting the players to trust and buy in to his methods so if its still not working then what's next?

I like Rodgers, he's a quality manager but he has flaws and far better managers have ran their course at clubs and moved on or been moved on and he's no different. What bothers me is his track record at rebuilding clubs. He benefitted of progressing the likes of Suarez, Henderson, Sturridge and Coutinho at Liverpool and then as a few of them left the replacements were an abomination. He's done the same here and that's why I don't just trust that he deserves a load more time here. It could be a hugely costly mistake but I can well see us doing it, they are bowled over by him, if they weren't they'd not be chuffing him up such obscene money and letting him change areas of the club that aren't his ultimate remit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Imagine thinking one of our best ever managers should lose his job on a 'vibe'. I said this a few weeks ago on this website (no one replied, quelle surprise) saying if you want Brendan sacked then come up with a better manager to replace him. Otherwise, go whistle.

Who's on the panel for measuring whether the alternatives are better than him or not? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Who's on the panel for measuring whether the alternatives are better than him or not? 

I said this yesterday, literally any name people mention is immediately dismissed because somebody hasn’t heard of them/doesn’t like them.

We had plenty of people on here completely against Rodgers taking over in the first place which regardless of what has transpired since was always completely irrational given where we were at the time.

Sometimes the end of a cycle is reached. The next manager we have doesn’t have to be a better manager than Brendan Rodgers to be a better manager for the next phase of the club’s existence than Brendan Rodgers.

Good arguments for both, in / out, thankfully the ultimate decision, is with Top, and I am certain he will know more, and be better placed to make a measured decision based on what's best for the club, fans and his goals being met.  

I trust his decision, 100%.

• Like 1

The polls appear after a result doesn’t go as expected or something happens shit in the game so are heavily weighted at the start from frustration and/or annoyance. They start out with more out votes and as the week goes on and votes are no so reaction based swing to a higher in. 
Was same with the last poll and the one previous and most likely the next one. 

• Like 2