Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Brendan In or Out - Poll

Brendan - In or Out?  

635 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Brendan In or Brendan Out?

• In
    • Out

6 hours ago, seanymac said:

The slump that includes winning the FA Cup, community shield and finishing 5th?  If this is a slump I'd hate to hear how you define the other 137 years of our history. 

...the fall off started around December 2020, it has continued since!!!

One of the biggest indictment was that we had amassed so may points that a veritable slump still allowed us to retain 5th in the league. The F.A. Cup was a good cup run and the charity shield is a one-off.

We have been inconsistent since 2020, can he turn us around?

10 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

One of the biggest indictment was that we had amassed so may points that a veritable slump still allowed us to retain 5th in the league. The F.A. Cup was a good cup run and the charity shield is a one-off.

No... we are reflected thr flaws in his approach to football 

Guest David Oldfields Gate

As much as Brent is unlovable and talks horsemuck, I think it is a case of get through this season and see where we are a couple of months into the next one. 

And bring Dave Rennie back obvs.

On 24/01/2022 at 15:23, Ric Flair said:

It would have been some feat to finish lower than 5th from March onwards last season would it not? 

Again fair point, but essentially there you are castigating someone for over achieving in the first place.   Yes we failed to cement the champions league spot twice, and no doubt that is disappointing, but we weren't ever even close to being a top 4/5 club before Rogers arrived.  Two 5th place finishes in a row and an fa cup and community shield is progress surely?  Honestly I can't abide the negativity.  We play good football (when we have the ball), we score a shed load of goals and yes results haven't been as we would have liked this season, but that is only because we have become accustomed to sitting in the top 4, which is the very stick being used to beat Rogers. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

So good that no other previous Leicester City manager achieved it.

On 24/01/2022 at 15:44, Ric Flair said:

Who's on the panel for measuring whether the alternatives are better than him or not? 

Quite.  Thinking Rodgers may no longer be the right man for the job does not make me personally qualified to know who is a suitable replacement. The club pay people lots of money to take those sorts of decisions.  Using that as an argument against people who are, in my view justifiably, unhappy with Rodgers is very silly.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....no other Leicester manager has won the Premier League either....!!!

Let us get Claudio back then.... eh!

Winning the league was a one off.

Rodgers has delivered consistency, which separates managers and players in football. This is the first time in Rodgers time here that we are having an off season. He deserves time to get to the end of the season and get quality in, get rid of some players and get our injured players back. Sacking successful managers on the back of one "poor" season isn't really my idea of sustainability. 

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, seanymac said:

Again fair point, but essentially there you are castigating someone for over achieving in the first place.   Yes we failed to cement the champions league spot twice, and no doubt that is disappointing, but we weren't ever even close to being a top 4/5 club before Rogers arrived.  Two 5th place finishes in a row and an fa cup and community shield is progress surely?  Honestly I can't abide the negativity.  We play good football (when we have the ball), we score a shed load of goals and yes results haven't been as we would have liked this season, but that is only because we have become accustomed to sitting in the top 4, which is the very stick being used to beat Rogers. 

What I am measuring isn't that we finished 5th, those 2 5th place finishes are serious achievements, as is the FA Cup win and yes, scratch the surface and the manner in which we showed bottom half form for the final third of both seasons to ultimately surrender top 4 in the final weeks was disappointing but the 1st half of both seasons was incredible. But what I'm not going to ignore is the form from mid February 2021 through to the end of January 2022. 

We're nearly on for a whole year where the points per game return is very poor for the standards we have set and that's pretty much all there is to it. The past is the past and a years results isn't just a minor dip, it cannot be ignored. That doesn't detract what he's achieved here but more a concern for how we turn this around. Maybe he can't turn it around, that length of time no longer becomes a bad patch, it becomes the norm and the standard and that standard is not good enough. Not when he's paid £10m a year and not when this squad is capable of seriously challenging across 4 competitions.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Rodgers has delivered consistency, which separates managers and players in football. This is the first time in Rodgers time here that we are having an off season. He deserves time to get to the end of the season and get quality in, get rid of some players and get our injured players back. Sacking successful managers on the back of one "poor" season isn't really my idea of sustainability. 

....this is a slump that has continued since Dec. 2020!!!

We did not have the amount of injuries that we are presently carrying, and yet he could not turn it around at the back end of the last two seasons. We will know in time if retaining his services will be the right call.

26 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I'd agree with all that except for his horrific injury record at all clubs he's had domestic and European football at and he's not got a great track record at rebuilding clubs either. He gets until the end of the season though as a bare minimum, unless we really nosedive and the club have no choice but to act.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

We did not have the amount of injuries that we are presently carrying, and yet he could not turn it around at the back end of the last two seasons. We will know in time if retaining his services will be the right call.

Mid Feb 2021 it's been since. Dec - Feb we were still averaging 1.8-2 points a game?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd agree with all that except for his horrific injury record at all clubs he's had domestic and European football at and he's not got a great track record at rebuilding clubs either. He gets until the end of the season though as a bare minimum, unless we really nosedive and the club have no choice but to act.

Agree European football and this is something I have raised before, even at Liverpool he didn't really get them far if I recall. Injuries are worrying me too.

Tbh I didn't want/rate him, when we were linked, he never really achieved anything in England aside from promotion with Swansea. I respect what he won with Celtic but it's tougher in this league. But he quickly won me round, and I haven't seen enough to make me turn against him yet. Compared with Ranieri I was pissed off as we weren't even scoring never mind winning. The Millwall defeat finished any hope I had of Ranieri.

But, Rodgers, while we are conceding we're also scoring. Sounds daft but if we weren't scoring I'd worry more. I think Ranieri went about 5 games in a row where we didn't even score.

For what Rodgers has done here I think he deserves time to get to summer and have a clear out, get some players in and injured players back. I'm not a fan of constantly sacking managers, even more so after one "average" season, as that'll only see us in one direction and that's down.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

What are you on about.

So we were in a slump with a top 6 finish, an FA Cup victory and Community Shield victory? 

* Granted we should have finished top 4 but top 6 for us was still exceeding then (I enhance the word 'then' as I do believe now we should be competing for top 6). It was Rodgers' second season.

Between 01/12/20 and 23/05/21 (end of the season) we lost 8 league games in 28.

Fvck me.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Agree European football and this is something I have raised before, even at Liverpool he didn't really get them far if I recall. Injuries are worrying me too.

Tbh I didn't want/rate him, when we were linked, he never really achieved anything in England aside from promotion with Swansea. I respect what he won with Celtic but it's tougher in this league. But he quickly won me round, and I haven't seen enough to make me turn against him yet. Compared with Ranieri I was pissed off as we weren't even scoring never mind winning. The Millwall defeat finished any hope I had of Ranieri.

But, Rodgers, while we are conceding we're also scoring. Sounds daft but if we weren't scoring I'd worry more. I think Ranieri went about 5 games in a row where we didn't even score.

For what Rodgers has done here I think he deserves time to get to summer and have a clear out, get some players in and injured players back. I'm not a fan of constantly sacking managers, even more so after one "average" season, as that'll only see us in one direction and that's down.

I would very much like him to try and turn it around but I want the club to make whoever it is accountable for the injuries and rectify it and likewise take back control of the entire recruitment process, although its not yet been a complete horror show in that regard its slowly becoming a shift from what we've been so successful at.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

What are you on about.

So we were in a slump with a top 6 finish, an FA Cup victory and Community Shield victory? 

* Granted we should have finished top 4 but top 6 for us was still exceeding then (I enhance the word 'then' as I do believe now we should be competing for top 6). It was Rodgers' second season.

Between 01/12/20 and 23/05/21 (end of the season) we lost 8 league games in 28.

Fvck me.

We were by and largely awful from after the Villa away game where we trounced them 4-1.

Results might’ve been ok, but the football was not.

Perhaps that’s what he means by slump? 🤷🏻‍♂️

6 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

We were by and largely awful from after the Villa away game where we trounced them 4-1.

Results might’ve been ok, but the football was not.

Perhaps that’s what he means by slump? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Tbh I've always said we weren't as good since the Norwich home game. 

I think we slumped the second half of that season and results were inconsistent after that.

But I don't agree we have continued that slump.

4 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

So looking after the Villa 4-1 win we’ve beaten 

Man City away 5-2. 

Man Utd 3 times. (Once in fa cup)
Liverpool twice. 
Arsenal and Spurs away. 

Chelsea in the cup final and Man City in community shield. 

We are currently 10th with a couple of games in hand and still in the fa cup and European conference. I know we’d rather still be in the Europa league. 
I admit that at times Rodgers does get it wrong but some perspective is needed. 
I hope this so-called slump continues….

It's fallacy the slump has been since December 2019. Its got legs that the average points per game total has taken a downturn from mid February 2021 which further dropped in April and May and has then remained very mediocre for the majority of this season too, so we're getting on for nearly a year of mid table form, so that is a slump and it cannot be ignored.