Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Brendan In or Out - Poll

Brendan - In or Out?  

635 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Brendan In or Brendan Out?

• In
    • Out

They aren't going to sack him. We might get lucky if Guardiola calls it a day at the end of the season and for some, utterly bewildering reason Man City come calling and want Rodgers to replace him (he's apparently well liked by the higher ups there).

Other than that, we're stuck with him.

Edited by fleshdaddy

2 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Tell me what the other solution is.

I’m not the man’s biggest fan, wouldn’t mind if he went - but who else is there to do a better job at the minute. Season is over.

All the more reason to get him gone then isn’t it. Gives more time for the new manager to get to know the players, decide who he likes and who he doesn’t like.

It worked well for Rodgers and you learn an awful lot more about the players than you do in a pre season friendly 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Tom12345 said:

Can’t give him this excuse this time. The same players played so well first half just switched off the confident mode and turned on “game management let’s hold on to a 1-0 win and defend mode” from around minute 55. This is not just tactical issue but a mentality issue. After Brighton equalized, the players then just wanted to draw. They didn’t try to keep the ball and attack properly - instead they were just clearing the ball like they were holding on to dear life with no desire to win. He berated Tielemans for wanting to win last time instead of holding for a draw. This is what Rodgers ordered. The players are so nervous nowadays after switching on game management mode.  It is his fault.

We scored our goal IN the second half. Personally, I don’t think either side played phenomenal football today. Quite a boring match.

1 minute ago, phoneticerror said:

We scored our goal IN the second half. Personally, I don’t think either side played phenomenal football today. Quite a boring match.

I know we scored second half. I meant that we played decent attacking football first half and up to when we scored in the second half. From around 55th min, we were then just trying to hold on to a 1-0 win.

Edited by Tom12345

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

All the more reason to get him gone then isn’t it. Gives more time for the new manager to get to know the players, decide who he likes and who he doesn’t like.

It worked well for Rodgers and you learn an awful lot more about the players than you do in a pre season friendly 

Yeah, you have some points there to be fair.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

I'm sick of seeing this argument. Our team today was still on par if not better on paper than Brightons and we have just hidden in the corner cowering for the second half. That is entirely on BR.

Agreed, doesn't help when we have so many injuries and some on afcon ,on to the next game  keep the faith .

My current thinking is that I'm happy for the season to be played out as we arent going down but wont challenge for Europe and his focus on the cups might give us hope of going far in the FA Cup and Conference League. After this season though I think his cycle is coming to an end with us.

We have a massive summer coming up, this time next year we could either be in West Ham or Everton's position depending on recruitment and manager.

• Like 1

I’d like to have Brendan prepare the team, and then someone who understands football to set up the XI and manage the matches.

He is still clearly doing plenty right, but every season he has a long slump that takes him ages to get out of, even if it’s obvious what’s wrong. This season it looks like we’re getting two slumps.

We’re still absolutely nailed on mid table, but if that means we lose three ambitious players over summer rather than one, then it’s a high high price. 

8 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

His crap mentality is filtering into the players and a portion of the fans that will defend any crap under the "we're only Leicester, we were in League one 14 years ago what do you expect" mantra.

Not seen that mentioned for a while. 

Just now, phoneticerror said:

Yeah, you have some points there to be fair.

Careful what you wish for. Who is being lined up to replace him if he goes ? Won the F A Cup and has a shocking injury list but all conveniently ignored. What is the medium age of posters on here 12 ?

• Like 1