Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Brendan In or Out - Poll

Brendan - In or Out?  

635 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Brendan In or Brendan Out?

• In
    • Out

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

That's different he'd had a summer to halt the slide and change personel and another pre season to work with them.

He hasn't picked them up particularly well from last seasons dip either has he.

Thats why I think he deserves that last chance, he's done it before, he can do it again. We know how well he can get us playing, that kind of ability doesn't disappear over night. 

See's the season out imo. Confidence and fitness are wracked at the moment. I think his "overachieving" comments odd, but he could be trying to rile up the players for a reaction, we've been more than competitive under him but ultimately let slip in the most important moments, bar the FA Cup final.

We've going to limp over the finish line around mid-table under him. The injuries probably won't stop. We'll probably be embarrassed multiple times along the way ... I just hope it won't be away in Nottingham. The fans clearly need something to get behind before more turn on him, which is going to be difficult going off this week's results. Just try and support and push the players lads, don't get toxic please.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nalis said:

My current thinking is that I'm happy for the season to be played out as we arent going down but wont challenge for Europe and his focus on the cups might give us hope of going far in the FA Cup and Conference League. After this season though I think his cycle is coming to an end with us.

We have a massive summer coming up, this time next year we could either be in West Ham or Everton's position depending on recruitment and manager.

100% this. I'm firmly out and have been for a while, but it's pointless sacking him mid season. My worry is that we allow him to make signings and carry on into next season, as I fear we'll get off to a bad start, we'll lose a couple of players over the summer and then he'll get sacked anyway, leaving us right near the bottom and stuck with crap signings.

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

Thats why I think he deserves that last chance, he's done it before, he can do it again. We know how well he can get us playing, that kind of ability doesn't disappear over night. 

He's also collapsed twice in consecutive campaigns and has underwhelmed in this. Not necessarily a case of it disappearing, players may have lost confidence in him, tired of the same voice, it's so easy for a manager to lose the players.

I put out after previously putting in because I do believe injuries have killed our season. But some of the comments he has made publicly showing a lack of ambition saying we've "peaked", and "overachieved" suggest to me he doesn't want to be here. It also is not good management if you keep telling the players that they aren't good enough how do you ever expect them to be motivated and improve?

We need a manager that wants to be here and believes that we can improve! 

3 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

He's also collapsed twice in consecutive campaigns and has underwhelmed in this. Not necessarily a case of it disappearing, players may have lost confidence in him, tired of the same voice, it's so easy for a manager to lose the players.

Don't necessarily disagree with that, but we aren't a Chelsea, the idea we can get someone of the calibre of Rodgers at a drop of a hat is very unlikely. I'm waiting till Randers pump us for me to be out I think 

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

Don't necessarily disagree with that, but we aren't a Chelsea, the idea we can get someone of the calibre of Rodgers at a drop of a hat is very unlikely. I'm waiting till Randers pump us for me to be out I think 

Yeah I agree the issue is having a good enough replacement lined up and the funds to get them as well as funds to sack him initially. 

17 minutes ago, jerry said:

Careful what you wish for. Who is being lined up to replace him if he goes ? Won the F A Cup and has a shocking injury list but all conveniently ignored. What is the medium age of posters on here 12 ?

It's not for a fan to know who the club is looking at managerial wise if indeed they are looking at anyone.  For example, I might say I like the look of Gasperini.  But how do I know if he's available or a good fit or whatever.  That's what the club presumably pay people lots of money for, to make decisions of that nature. Anyone using that as a counter argument is being rather silly.  

What is clear is that Rodgers is making the same mistakes time and again tactically and people are perfectly entitled to criticise that.  It does not make them 12 year olds.  As many have said it's entirely too predictable, too often how we will capitulate.  Lack of fit players was not what lost the three points against Brighton today.  It was a tactical decision to sit back with a defence that cannot currently defend a lead.  Against a team with better finishers we'd have been eviscerated.  

• Like 3

In.

A month ago I was saying out.

But since then he’s changed the way we defend, has made brave team choices, gone more direct, less negative, and hasn’t had much luck. 

I previously accused him of stubbornness and he’s show a willingness to change. 

I can’t want him out for several reasons and then not give him a chance when he addresses those 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

It's not for a fan to know who the club is looking at managerial wise if indeed they are looking at anyone.  For example, I might say I like the look of Gasperini.  But how do I know if he's available or a good fit or whatever.  That's what the club presumably pay people lots of money for, to make decisions of that nature. Anyone using that as a counter argument is being rather silly.  

What is clear is that Rodgers is making the same mistakes time and again tactically and people are perfectly entitled to criticise that.  It does not make them 12 year olds.  As many have said it's entirely too predictable, too often how we will capitulate.  Lack of fit players was not what lost the three points against Brighton today.  It was a tactical decision to sit back with a defence that cannot currently defend a lead.  Against a team with better finishers we'd have been eviscerated.  

It was exactly the same when people wanted Claudio and Puel out, some people will just die on the hill to defend the manager, it'll only change when you're stuck at the bottom of the league with the realism of going down.

5 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Nothing wrong with today’s lineup. I’d take it over the 11 Brighton put out.

Personally I want our best players on the pitch. Literally all our defence are out and our main striker. There’s 5 that will come back in and start every week. 

As I alluded to on the post match Brighton thread, I don’t feel angry anymore, I just feel unmotivated.

When I see us produce a shit half of football like the second half today, I’m just left shrugging my shoulders nowadays, it’s starting to become too much of the norm.

It just boils down to naivety and negativity, that’s about the 100th fvcking time I’ve used the word naivety on this forum over the past year.

Whatever Rodgers says or does on the pitch, more often than not there’s a negative element about it.

Like Crystal Palace did in the summer, it feels like the reset button at Leicester City needs to be hit.

• Like 2