Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Brendan In or Out - Poll

Brendan - In or Out?  

635 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Brendan In or Brendan Out?

• In
    • Out

Just now, dannythefox said:

Personally I want our best players on the pitch. Literally all our defence are out and our main striker. There’s 5 that will come back in and start every week. 

Obviously you would rather have you’re best side available all the time but that was still a decent side we had out there today.

As a I say I think we had a better side out than Brighton 

4 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Mate, you're missing the point. It really isn't about results. It's the mentality. I could take it if we went out of our sword, but time and time again Rodgers s**** himself when we go a goal up and retreats to 5 at the back. The game completely changed as soon as our formation did.

We could of gone all out attack but seen as we only had about 3 shots all game it wouldn’t of made any difference. A fully fit squad and everything is different including all his decisions.

24 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Even the commentators were baffled by his tactical system change 

I don't want to see him go but but it's telling that pretty much every poster on here knew exactly what would happen as soon as that change was made. That's what infuriates me. If Brighton could have picked a tactical change for us to make they couldn't have done much better.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I wish some fans would actually watch us this season. Have a good look at how and when we’ve dropped points a leads. Compare it to collapses in the last few seasons. Yeah, results have been on and off but being outplayed by Brighton (twice), Burnley, Brentford, Palace, Spartak Moscow, Legia Warsaw, Norwich, Leeds, Villa (we won some of those). Losing a lead in 12 seconds. Conceding 99.9m routine corner goals. And consistently making the same errors suggest the word deluded is not being used correctly.  

I’ll judge him when we have a full squad out. Can’t really think of anyone who would of done a better job in the circumstances. 

41 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Tell me what the other solution is.

I’m not the man’s biggest fan, wouldn’t mind if he went - but who else is there to do a better job at the minute. Season is over.

Controversial but I would like to see what hassenhuntl could do with a squad like ours. 

I like the building he’s done there with limited budget. 

• Haha 1

I'd agree it's probably pointless sacking him now, unless we're embarrassed in Nottingham. But if things don't improve when players back, absolutely he should go. Also would depend who we can get in of course. But wouldn't want another season like this, so things have to improve. Hope he can do it. The target is in and around top 6, we're way off that now 

Just now, Lambert09 said:

Controversial but I would like to see what hassenhuntl could do with a squad like ours. 

I like the building he’s done there with limited budget. 

Sign 2 players that we stick 9 past and then sign the manager as well

Can only go well

• Haha 3

Out. However he doesn’t deserve the pay-off.

Get it done mutually or hopefully someone takes him and his staff off us. 

We barely deserve to be where we are in the league. We have been lucky on occasion and outplayed in almost every game this season. 

Grateful for the FA Cup but we’ve been below the some of our parts for a year now. The mentality is shocking, bottling top four like we did, twice as well as I underperforming in Europe, twice.

Get someone like Jesse Marsch in with a proper DofF above. A strategy. Play vertically and get the team pressing again. 

It’s crucial we get it right now with the expansion coming. 

If it means limping till the end of the season with him then so be it. 

Regardless I’m expecting a Semi/final in the Europa Conference this season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Sign 2 players that we stick 9 past and then sign the manager as well

Can only go well

You mean the guy smart enough to get rid of them? 

have they conceded 9 this year or has he made decent improvements? 

Edited by Lambert09

1 minute ago, dannythefox said:

I’ll judge him when we have a full squad out. Can’t really think of anyone who would of done a better job in the circumstances. 

I'm with you on this - he does infuriate with defensive minded tactics but I am still a believer - so want to go back to free flowing attacking football. I'd rather we were like Keegans Newcastle....

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It was exactly the same when people wanted Claudio and Puel out, some people will just die on the hill to defend the manager, it'll only change when you're stuck at the bottom of the league with the realism of going down.

I don't know what the correct answer is or if there is a better man for the job.  But I do know for too long I've been watching a team that seems to lack confidence, verve and the killer instinct.  A team who too often flounders at the key moments.   Last season before all of the injuries as well.  In fact for some time before this season I felt results flattered our performances.  My wife is a Charlton fan (lord bless her) and she has found watching us as a neutral incredibly frustrating, which says it all! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Yes let's have a knee jerk poll on whether Rodgers stays or goes following a 1-1 draw when half our squad is either injured or in Cameroon....give me strength

It's not as simple as you have made out, whilst your points are valid, overall, it doesnt excuse the switching of tactics yet again, when we are on the front foot. That's what's annoying and occurs far to often, nothing knee jerk about it to be fair.

57 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

It's been a few weeks and two more appalling performances. Which side of the fence are people on now?

Ah, your typical post-match poll. Have a word with yourselves.

Yes, things aren't great with what is a makeshift squad with many disruptions. And some issues of late are our own making, players and manager alike.

But if Brendan is sacked, who else is there out there that could take over? Exactly, so I'm voting IN out of sheer defiance of the impatience in which this non-sensical poll was created.

Such fickle fans. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

It's not for a fan to know who the club is looking at managerial wise if indeed they are looking at anyone.  For example, I might say I like the look of Gasperini.  But how do I know if he's available or a good fit or whatever.  That's what the club presumably pay people lots of money for, to make decisions of that nature. Anyone using that as a counter argument is being rather silly.  

What is clear is that Rodgers is making the same mistakes time and again tactically and people are perfectly entitled to criticise that.  It does not make them 12 year olds.  As many have said it's entirely too predictable, too often how we will capitulate.  Lack of fit players was not what lost the three points against Brighton today.  It was a tactical decision to sit back with a defence that cannot currently defend a lead.  Against a team with better finishers we'd have been eviscerated.  

Believe we have some entitled fans and maybe Brendan is correct in saying we are now at the level we should expect with the size of club and personnel. Having supported the Team since 63 the last few years have been unbelievable and probably hard to maintain. Just please don't get knocked out the Cup by Forest or  the proverbial will truly hit the fan.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

I am genuinely intrigued what the "In" camp think will change if he stays? We have played so negatively for so long now and every win feels like such an uphill struggle. It is quite clear he is stuck in his ways and he will always try to make us a possession based defensive team.....which we will never be. What enjoyment are you actually getting from watching us play?

People mention this season is a write off so why not let him have the rest of it? Then hopefully we have some players back (if not all?) and be better next season? It's quite clear we're hindered by an injury-impacted squad. 

That's no reason to go to such a defensive mindset in games like today and it is frustrating but with our better players back we will be better. 

He's stuck in his ways for a reason and I get its not that pretty to watch but I can't see anyone else doing that much better with the current options. I'll back him till he's here, that's just me. If he goes and someone else comes in, I'll give him a chance. But I'll prefer to give him the rest of the season and afford him the chance to win the FA Cup or ECL. People talk about achieving the impossible (winning the league) so why not let him pursue that and achieve what seems unlikely now? 

• Like 1