Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Brendan In or Out - Poll

Brendan - In or Out?  

635 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Brendan In or Brendan Out?

• In
    • Out

Let’s be honest, it isn’t just the results that are frustrating it’s the performance levels, tactics and negative substitutions as well, now many times have we thrown away a lead this season by implementing a defensive formation and tactics when in control of matches. 

This is the best group of players we have had and some promising academy prospects knocking on the door, yes we have injuries but this squad is still better than hanging on for dear life to a 1-1 draw at home to Brighton. 

make no mistake if this current season was being overseen by a certain Claude Puel then it would be a given that the fanbase would want him out ….Yes Brendan has delivered two 5th place finishes and an FA Cup success however he is rewarded with an incredible salary for this and therefore is rightly accountable for our alarming dip in results, performances, his team selections, tactics and substitutions which this season in a high % of games have been questionable. 

for me he is far from untouchable, the club is geared for success with great investment in our infrastructure, academy and in recent years an innovative and clever recruitment policy. We should be on the up and continuing to be challenging top 6 however this season we are slipping fast into the also rans and becoming stagnant, similarly as we were when Brendan joined the club and we saw a really shift in mindset and atmosphere, we need that again now and in all honesty I ain’t sure Brendan has that energy anymore, he seems like he wants to be somewhere else, his heart seems no longer in it 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jonthefox said:

Give the man a break ffs. He's not been able to put out his strongest squad all season. It's like trying to post on here with half your fingers missing. 

Again. A trend of Brendans career... 

When do you look and say somethings wrong with his methods? Or is he just the unluckiest manager in the world? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Prepared to give him the season, I think he’s earned that. 

Will change my mind when we lose to Forest though. 

I do agree we should have a much better idea at end of season . The Forest match has taken on even more importance. Mid table in Prem is normally acceptable given our history. Not saying we should be satisfied but we need to be careful before chopping and changing.  Stay calm. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

.Yes Brendan has delivered two 5th place finishes and an FA Cup success however he is rewarded with an incredible salary for this and therefore is rightly accountable for our alarming dip in results, performances, his team selections, tactics and substitutions which this season in a high % of games have been questionable. 

So we won in spite of him? If Puel delivered success and achievements then maybe he would be given a bit more time. But he didn't. Rodgers did. Can't use the 5th place and FA Cup against him. That's incredibly harsh. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I think most people can take in to account it hasn't been the easiest of seasons for him with injuries, Covid and AFCON. However with his tactics at times he doesn't  particularly help himself out which I think is where the issue lies. Add in the absolutely dreadful Europa campaign, that regardless of absentees the squad he had at his disposable should have had more than enough to see off Spartak and Legia.

Yes, I agree with you that we were piss poor in the Europa League and particularly at home versus Spartak M. when we couldn't even break them down and then ended up exiting the competition meekly in the end from a strong position going into the final game, with only one quality team in the opening group with us, albeit an off colour Napoli. We'd probably have been lambs to the slaughter in the Champions League this season though, given everything, had we ended up qualifying for it last season.

Who knows what the rest of this season will bring but we definitely need to win all our games in hand against supposedly weaker opposition in Norwich, Burnley and Everton! Failure to win at least one of those games (and throw in a possible FA Cup exit at Forest with such a failure), then Top might well be considering Rodgers' position sooner than some of us think - in spite of what I said earlier in my post. I'm still on the fence though and don't agree with hiring and firing unless it's absolutely crying out for a manager to be sacked - which it looks like Ranieri is going to be before long sadly...... 

Just now, jerry said:

Believe we have some entitled fans and maybe Brendan is correct in saying we are now at the level we should expect with the size of club and personnel. Having supported the Team since 63 the last few years have been unbelievable and probably hard to maintain. Just please don't get knocked out the Cup by Forest or  the proverbial will truly hit the fan.

I have supported the club all my life (35 odd years since I was  a kid) and for much of that we haven't been very good.  Of course this is a golden period.  However, what I'm talking about really is missed opportunities and repeated mistakes (zonal marking for far too long, going too deep after taking a lead amongst others).  An elite manager as Rodgers is often styled should not be making the same mistakes so regularly.  I personally don't feel he has got the best out of a very talented group of players at times and certainly not at crucial moments.  The FA cup obviously is a massive achievement but that does not balance out missing top four on two occasions when we absolutely should not have missed out.  We may not get those opportunities again in our lifetime.  So, I don't feel entitled in questioning Rodgers on a tactical level.  The repeated mistakes which have nothing to do with injuries are there to see.

i'm still in, for better or for worse but **** me he needs to figure out how to see games out

he appears to have sorted leaking early goals but we're now throwing away late leads

he's got a serious re-build needed in the summer and i'm worried that vestegaard and bertrand are a sign of things to come. 

he appears great at developing younger players which I'm all for but this squad is crying out for a leader and some experience that can still actually play football and still have the drive to try and win something

we're horribly light-weight and weak af at times. kasper as captain doesn't work for me - too hot-headed and not able to calm heads from a decent position on the pitch - he needs to be focussing on his own game which is absolutely full of errors at the moment. 

im not someone expecting us to pull up trees but this current trend of wetting the bed late on in games needs to stop and a man who is paid as handsomely as rodgers is should be able to sort it, one way or another. he needs to get a grip and show his worth and quickly. 

18 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Ah, your typical post-match poll. Have a word with yourselves.

Yes, things aren't great with what is a makeshift squad with many disruptions. And some issues of late are our own making, players and manager alike.

But if Brendan is sacked, who else is there out there that could take over? Exactly, so I'm voting IN out of sheer defiance of the impatience in which this non-sensical poll was created.

Such fickle fans. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Totally agree.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

So we won in spite of him? If Puel delivered success and achievements then maybe he would be given a bit more time. But he didn't. Rodgers did. Can't use the 5th place and FA Cup against him. That's incredibly harsh. 

At what point am I holding it against him? I am saying it was a wonderful achievement however he is also suitably remunerated for this and therefore expectations for this season are higher than being mid table, going out of Europa league in the group stage and largely playing a negative, pedestrian style of play.

Also I was saying Puel was sacked when in a similar position in the league and delivering tedious football and overseeing poor results, negative football and an horrific home record. 

I will repeat Rodgers has done well here and for that he has been rewarded with an incredible salary and contract length but in the same way that should also come with an expectation to deliver better performances and results than we are currently seeing this season. 

7 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Were you actually watching the away fixture last September? 

Yes. Up and until their 2nd they were the better side. Granted we reacted after that. Oh, sorry, we’ll accept that now, reacting when 2-0 down is acceptable. You can knocked that off the list - looks a lot better now.

33 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I wish some fans would actually watch us this season. Have a good look at how and when we’ve dropped points a leads. Compare it to collapses in the last few seasons. Yeah, results have been on and off but being outplayed by Brighton (twice), Burnley, Brentford, Palace, Spartak Moscow, Legia Warsaw, Norwich, Leeds, Villa (we won some of those). Losing a lead in 12 seconds. Conceding 99.9m routine corner goals. And consistently making the same errors suggest the word deluded is not being used correctly.  

Exactly right.  And it is amusing how outraged people get when you point out these things.  They're just a reality.  Rodgers has tactically been horrible for some time and gets out thought by opposition managers too often.  He appears very slow to react or to change things at a strategic level and likewise on an in game tactical level.  

Think he's cashed enough in the bank to keep himself in the job till the end of the season. Injuries aside, it's been quite disappointing, but that only shows how far we've come as a team. Let's see where we're at at the end of the season otherwise I fear his time is up as Leicester manager. 

Just now, StanSP said:

How is it clear? 

It just feels that way to me, I just get the sense behind the scenes that something is off, maybe Rodgers has agreed to join Manchester United in the summer, and the players know It? There doesn’t seem to be that fight or intensity or enjoyment from the players on the whole.

In an ideal scenario, which is it wouldn't cost us a tonne to do it, then I'd do it because I think we need a fresh idea and he's really losing it with these players now - largely through negativy, is it any wonder they lack any confidence?

But the problem is it would cost us a big signings worth to actually do it, and it does represent a big gamble.

I've kind of accepted this is going to fizzle out and it's going to take quite a long time to do so. It's a bit miserable.

Really think some people are supporting the wrong "City" team. 

Not suggesting by any means that I agree with everything Brendan does, but over four decades of supporting this club, I know the grass isn't always greener. 

I'm not going to start demanding he's gone, when we have one season where we're not in the top 4, and everything is going well. 

Last season Liverpool saw themselves midtable(ish) for a lot of the season with the injuries they had at the back an excuse for their position. Should they have sacked Klopp???

And I won't be taking part in a survey posted by someone with a clear agenda, made moments after a bad second half performance. 

And before that last comment is questioned, I don't remember the OP posting a poll straight after we beat Liverpool or Watford.

Who exactly are people expecting us to hire as a big improvement over the manager who has won the FA Cup for the first time in our history and given us two top 5 finishes? Words fail me.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

It just feels that way to me, I just get the sense behind the scenes that something is off, maybe Rodgers has agreed to join Manchester United in the summer, and the players know It? There doesn’t seem to be that fight or intensity or enjoyment from the players on the whole.

He’s about fourth or fifth on the list for Man U. Wouldn’t worry (or celebrate) about them coming for him