Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Brendan In or Out - Poll

Brendan - In or Out?  

635 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Brendan In or Brendan Out?

• In
    • Out

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

I wouldn't go as far as to say get rid but if Man Utd were to come in  and pay the compo that would be up there with selling Maguire

Edited by foxestalkisfullofidiots

8 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Yes. Up and until their 2nd they were the better side. Granted we reacted after that.

They really weren't. The game was decided by appalling officiating by the referee and a series of shockingly inept decisions from Stockwell Park. Failure to spot Maupay holding Söyüncü in the box when the penalty was awarded, and two absurdly disallowed goals - (the second was particularly astonishing).

9 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Oh, sorry, we’ll accept that now, reacting when 2-0 down is acceptable. You can knocked that off the list - looks a lot better now.

Your list is not in contention (although very one sided and negative and could be somewhat more balanced). Your claim that we were outplayed by Brighton (twice) is. 

Regardless of whether he leaves, this season is already essentially a write off. This will invariably lead to regression with the inability to retain some key players, so it will be a step backwards for the next year or so. I have faith in club though, so I’m sure any decision they make will be in the best interest of everyone from the owner to the fans. 

Rodgers can **** off if he wants though lol 

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

They really weren't. The game was decided by appalling officiating by the referee and a series of shockingly inept decisions from Stockwell Park. Failure to spot Maupay holding Söyüncü in the box when the penalty was awarded, and two absurdly disallowed goals - (the second was particularly astonishing).

Your list is not in contention (although very one sided and negative and could be somewhat more balanced). Your claim that we were outplayed by Brighton (twice) is. 

I have no problem standing by that. My response to you was sarcastic. Until their second goal, they were the better side. The list of teams which I provided (however one sided you may think it was) didn’t include being overrun by the bigger teams, Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs on Wednesday. That’s offering some rational to what has been a number of well below par performances this season. 

I don’t know how questioning the game away to Brighton achieves anything by the way. 

He has gone stale here time to move on. I can’t stand his defeatist mentality and lack of steel he is to soft.
He should not be saying stuff like we have peaked or the fans expectations are to high.
The obvious reason is the players buy into that mentality and stop performing, and he gets a easy ride because that’s what we should expect.
I want a manager that no matter what expects more that is the mentality you need. 

15 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

It just feels that way to me, I just get the sense behind the scenes that something is off, maybe Rodgers has agreed to join Manchester United in the summer, and the players know It? There doesn’t seem to be that fight or intensity or enjoyment from the players on the whole.

I think if that was the case, we definitely would have heard about it by now, either from sources our end or from theirs.

Weirdly, with how it's going recently, I can't see any massive club being attracted to Rodgers. He's not elite and we're all happy to admit that. There are better managers they should be targeting.

• Like 1

So sack him and replace him with??? issues no doubt about it but who is queuing up that will take us forward. Lets get the players back and see where the season ends for us, questions need to be asked about the injuries is it bad luck or is something amiss and we are doing something wrong, over a 38 game season should we be finishing above Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool. Hell of an ask with their resources and should we be finishing higher than Arsenal, Spurs and a resurgent West Ham or Villa spending a fortune. Bitterly disappointed with last couple of results and we need to move up the table and go far in the cups, get Evans, Fofana, Ricky P, Timmy, Wilf, Vards and Kelechi fit with a returning JJ  and results and performances do not improve then there will be a decision to make but stability is important and i just don't see a ready made replacement

• Like 1

For people who say 'in' because there's nobody available who is good enough to replace him, well Brendan Rodgers wasn't officially available when we got him. There are plenty of managers out there I'm sure who would love to manage us who are already managing another club, just like Brendan was. Our options are not limited to out of work managers and we are a very attractive proposition.

Even if the club are holding fire at the moment, I certainly hope they're thinking about who to approach if things start getting any worse, because there must be a point at which they decide to pull the trigger if so. I don't WANT him to go, I want him to turn it around, the same as I wanted Claudio to, but unfortunately there comes a point where enough is enough.

• Like 1

Funny one today, there seems to be a plan, but it does not appear to particularly dynamic, that’s on Brendan.

I realise Ayoze is hardly a favourite on here, but to take off both Lookman and Barnes, and not bring Ayoze on to allow some threat, was peculiar and stank of low ideas and  shutting up shop.

Even if we are knackered, keep the intensity, swap Lookman and Barnes for Marc and Ayoze, not like for like, but the shape and the therefore opportunities would remain.

Today was the first time I thought Brendan was an obvious coward, as I do not believe he was forced to opt for defence first, which was a dick idea, as we suck at it currently.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Funny one today, there seems to be a plan, but it does not appear to particularly dynamic, that’s on Brendan.

I realise Ayoze is hardly a favourite on here, but to take off both Lookman and Barnes, and not bring Ayoze on to allow some threat, was peculiar and stank of low ideas and  shutting up shop.

Even if we are knackered, keep the intensity, swap Lookman and Barnes for Marc and Ayoze, not like for like, but the shape and the therefore opportunities would remain.

Today was the first time I thought Brendan was an obvious coward, as I do not believe he was forced to opt for defence first, which was a dick idea, as we suck at it currently.

Yeah I wonder why Perez isn't getting a look in any more. 

Should have kept the back 4 and that original shape. That last 15-20mins where we had barely any outlet was so annoying. At least with Perez we would have had someone attacking-minded and Maddison/Daka would have support.

Just now, StanSP said:

Yeah I wonder why Perez isn't getting a look in any more. 

Should have kept the back 4 and that original shape. That last 15-20mins where we had barely any outlet was so annoying. At least with Perez we would have had someone attacking-minded and Maddison/Daka would have support.

Tbh, until Ayoze stood on the sideline, I assume he was injured. lol

(didn’t we make four subs today,? of which Ayoze was the fourth. Did the 5 subs thing go through and I missed it? :blink:)

• Haha 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Tbh, until Ayoze stood on the sideline, I assume he was injured. lol

(didn’t we make four subs today,? of which Ayoze was the fourth. Did the 5 subs thing go through and I missed it? :blink:)

Had only made 3? Albrighton, Soumare and Perez.

• Thanks 1

Rodgers was to blame... yet as per usual radio Leicester gave him an easy ride. Why not ask:

"Brendan, we got callers  saying you failed to respond to Brighton changes.  What's do you say?"

"Why take all the fwds off leaving no out ball:?"

Why didnt you sort it  out when we were penned in?

"Fans dismayed at you saying 5th is the summit... yet in both those seasons we could have easily been 3rd or 4th"

"Why do your teams get bullied out of games? Why so fragile"

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, peterborofox said:

Puel had 28 points from 20 games in 18/19

We have 26 from 20 this season.

Getting rid of Puel was great when we did cos we got Brendan and ultimately the FA cup.

I hope the club have made inquiries. With some of Brendan’s interviews comments it looks like he’s putting himself out there.

This season will be Brendan’s last, it seems certain to me. I hope we’re in a good position to attract a decent new manager at the end of it.

• Like 1