Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Brendan In or Out - Poll

Brendan - In or Out?  

635 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Brendan In or Brendan Out?

• In
    • Out

19 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Because very simply, we weren't as you claim outplayed by them. That's all. 

What is the definition of “outplayed” ? Maybe we are starting from different interpretations. We struggled for large parts of that game. Rightly found ourselves 2-0 down. They had a game plan (similar to West Ham earlier in the season) where they were happy for us to have possession and intelligent worked us around the pitch.  

We can’t afford to sack him so it’s not in our interests to make the atmosphere toxic if things carry on as they are.

I hope he can turns it around but to be honest I can’t see it. It just feels so flat at the minute and his comments and tactics are a big part of that.

• Like 1

We still have no Vardy, Evans, Ndidi, Castange, Riccardo, Fofana, 5 of the 6 would in our best eleven when fit.

On top Barnes, Daka and Justin are no were near full match fitness.

In all honesty we could be a lot worse off in the circumstances.

If we get them all back and firing and it doesn't improve fair enough, but until then I'm in. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

Getting rid of Puel was great when we did cos we got Brendan and ultimately the FA cup.

I hope the club have made inquiries. With some of Brendan’s interviews comments it looks like he’s putting himself out there.

This season will be Brendan’s last, it seems certain to me. I hope we’re in a good position to attract a decent new manager at the end of it.

Rodgers blew the manure job coz of our poor form.  He is getting the rep for being out thought.

He needs get us purring... and not suggesting he has taken us to the summit!

Worse his euro record is crap. 

This season I think the pl i priority... so am not keen to see first choice players in euro conf games... but what will brendan do?

3 minutes ago, Ricey said:

We can’t afford to sack him so it’s not in our interests to make the atmosphere toxic if things carry on as they are.

I hope he can turns it around but to be honest I can’t see it. It just feels so flat at the minute and his comments and tactics are a big part of that.

If ever a club needed a new signing as a catalyst to get everyone feeling more postive fans and players alike it is us. 

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

Rodgers blew the manure job coz of our poor form.  He is getting the rep for being out thought.

He needs get us purring... and not suggesting he has taken us to the summit!

Worse his euro record is crap. 

This season I think the pl i priority... so am not keen to see first choice players in euro conf games... but what will brendan do?

He should be targeting the cups. Forget about the PL this season 

• Like 2

The best scenario all round would be for another club to come in for him in the summer so we don't have to pay him. As others have said, there are few options available to replace him right now and sacking him would cost a fortune. 

I honestly don't think he can or wants to do what will pretty much be a rebuilding job in the summer with quite a fair few players probably going to be moved on and the likes of Vardy, Kasper, Evans and Albrighton aren't getting any younger. His comments recently worry me as well when he says things like we've over achieved and we shouldn't expect continued success. I can't see him being here next season 

21 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Tbh, until Ayoze stood on the sideline, I assume he was injured. lol

(didn’t we make four subs today,? of which Ayoze was the fourth. Did the 5 subs thing go through and I missed it? :blink:)

Tbh when Perez came on I thought he slotted in perfectly in the false 17 position. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dannythefox said:

Some deluded fans on here. We’re playing with half a team ffs. We are where we should be because of that.

Injuries and absences have been the excuse for the last 3 seasons. Brendan’s gonna have to be held responsible for giving away leads sometime. 

6 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

What is the definition of “outplayed” ? Maybe we are starting from different interpretations. We struggled for large parts of that game. Rightly found ourselves 2-0 down. 

Rightly? It was an incorrectly awarded penalty. 

I don't agree that we struggled for large parts of the game. Brighton were the better team over the first 45m but we were by far the more dominant side in the second half. We certainly weren't "outplayed" in either.

9 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I’m not in but I’m not out either. We’re not quite on Puel levels yet but something needs to change soon before we get to the point. 

He's paid infinitely more than Puel ever was and is managing a squad he could only dream of and he's making an absolute pig's ear of it. We have crumbled at every important juncture under his tenure, bar the FA Cup Final which increasingly looks like an outlier. We've churned up as much shite under Rodgers than we did under Claude and every member of the bloody squad is a permanently half fit. Cheerio Brendan.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We still have no Vardy, Evans, Ndidi, Castange, Riccardo, Fofana, 5 of the 6 would in our best eleven when fit.

On top Barnes, Daka and Justin are no were near full match fitness.

In all honesty we could be a lot worse off in the circumstances.

If we get them all back and firing and it doesn't improve fair enough, but until then I'm in. 

There’s a lot of truth here. But on the other hand we have a great squad. Daka for Vardy, Justin for Ricardo, Thomas for Castange, Hamza and Amartay for Ndidi and Evans. I’m not saying they are exact replacements or as good. But those are not bad players. And that’s a very good team nonetheless if managed well. And the argument about injuries is tainted by the fact Brendan had the same injuries problems at Liverpool and Celtic.

Another BR in/out poll where I'll read the first 3 or 4 posts then skip to the last post. By doing that, all the x number of comments in-between will be covered.

Posters calling him a failure. What? OK we aren't doing great and I accept that there's going to be criticism. 

I didn't understand the change of formation when 4-3-2-1 was working. But to say he is a "failure" is very unfair. He's got a pretty good CV. I'd rather BR than Benitez or Potter until Potter has a better CV than BR

Brendan Rodgers - Wikipedia

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Injuries and absences have been the excuse for the last 3 seasons. Brendan’s gonna have to be held responsible for giving away leads sometime. 

16 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

What excuse? We won the FA Cup ffs.

I was typing the same response when you posted this. :thumbup:

• Like 1