Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Leicester 1-1 Brighton - Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, SixtiesFox said:
3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Embarrassing pal, they were so bad in the 1st half and then we've let a very ordinary team dominate us after we finally took the lead. Shocking. 

We are in trouble.

Brighton have drawn 12 games this season, they do not roll over for anybody. Never underestimate the opposition , not in the PL. When we start getting thrashed we should worry but we beat Liverpool, Watford and should have beaten Spurs. Welbeck has a long history of disappointing us and even if we had kept the starting eleven on and kept the same formation , he probably would have done it again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Very poor again. Slow boring negative football. Tactical change was madness. Brendan cost us some more points. Players don't look fit which is a joke considering we have had so many games called off. Manager needs to go. Brighton were a poor side. Look there for the taking in that first half. 

35 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Post match interview BR says he's happy with the players reaction.

I am increasingly convinced that he's that deluded he's happy with thus season in which case nothings going to change.

What would you rather he said in a public interview. yes the players were crap we were sh*t and there was no effort?

What is said in the dressing room maybe something different and frankly whatever is said there should remain there.

We have players injured and on top of that badly out of form. Some of the recruitment looks to be not as good in the summer as was hoped for and we probably have an unsettled player who is required to play almost every game as we have no effective cover.

Frankly there is a big summer ahead and some tough decisions to make many of which probably won't be very popular on here.

Read that the manager had reacted to Potter going 3-4-3 so wanted to match them up but sounds like it didn't work. 

The home matches vs Brighton have been quite telling in Rodgers' state of mind.

He adjusted the formation in the 2019/20 season to adapt to Brighton with a 3-5-2 and it backfired, we were lucky to get a draw. Brighton started well in the 2020/21 season but we ran out of 3-0 winners after Rodgers I think changed the formation and matched them up with a back four.

Formation changes have had a big impact in these games and we've done far better against them playing with a back four, imposing our game on them. 

The sad thing is I don't even care when we drop point anymore. I know people say you can't sack the manager after a draw, but he really has sucked the enjoyment of watch Leicester out of me this season.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Ah no it's obvious it wasn't intentional and I'm aware it comes from before the time 😊 It's probably just me, but every time I see it, I don't even know what the word is. Reminds me maybe? Don't feel you need to change it either, it's maybe just me being a bit sensitive! 

But I'd love it if you do :kissing:

Yeah I can definitely appreciate that. The last thing I’m trying to do on here is offend anyone/bring up dark memories. I’ve requested it be changed, so hopefully the mods will take care of it soon! 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, adam said:

Very poor again. 

There were some positives.

2 minutes ago, adam said:

Slow boring negative football. 

Not in the first half.

2 minutes ago, adam said:

Tactical change was madness. 

What "tactical" change? That was the problem.

3 minutes ago, adam said:

Brendan cost us some more points.

Agree, but injuries and absences also played a part. 

4 minutes ago, adam said:

Players don't look fit which is a joke considering we have had so many games called off. 

As opposed to generalising, who in particular are you referring to?

5 minutes ago, adam said:

Manager needs to go.

That may be the case if when he has full resources at his disposal things haven't improved? And right now, who would you appoint instead? 

8 minutes ago, adam said:

Brighton were a poor side. 

No, they really weren't

9 minutes ago, adam said:

Look there for the taking in that first half. 

Although far more convincing in the second half, they looked threatening throughout. A very shrewd double substitution and our inability to respond, nearly claimed all three points.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bert said:

The subs killed us. Dominated them for 60 minutes. Didn’t need to go to a back 5. Had no outlet once we did that and just kept hoofing it towards their centre halves. 

I think our players are 60 minutes fit at the moment. We look shagged after an hour. 

Daka and KDH both look done and there is nothing on the bench currently to help.

A draw isn't bad today all things considered

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

How would you define Leicester City’s identity? 

For me Leicester City have always been the horrible to play against pests. In your face and never give up. We're far too passive nowadays 

Obviously others like yourself (I'm guessing?) may identify us differently 

Just now, foxfanazer said:

For me Leicester City have always been the horrible to play against pests. In your face and never give up. We're far too passive nowadays 

Obviously others like yourself (I'm guessing?) may identify us differently 

No. I just find the idea that football clubs have identity’s utter bollocks tbh. 😂

In my lifetime we’ve probably only ever had two teams what fit that criteria.

One of those teams, there’s been great revision about but they could equally be as passive vs the big clubs and also had a trait of bottling/late goals. But people remember the good stuff to the point the manager and players of that late 90s team are considered legends. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, escape2victory said:

Such a strange second half from Rodgers, actually felt a bit sorry for the players having to follow those tactics. It felt like a second half where we were down to 10 men and having to hang on.

thought first half we were decent, got the goal beginning of 2nd half, then for some reason he reverts to a 5-3-2 immediately and basically for the whole 2nd half we were hanging on. Those tactics played straight into Brighton and Lampteys hands, giving him the freedom of the right hand side. Would of been better to stick with the 4-2-3-1 as could of pinned him back more…….seriously strange management from Rodgers that

Rodgers own inner insecurity/fear derailing us again. Ahh well. Odd season. 

15 minutes ago, Line-X said:

There were some positives.

Not in the first half.

What "tactical" change? That was the problem.

Agree, but injuries and absences also played a part. 

As opposed to generalising, who in particular are you referring to?

That may be the case if when he has full resources at his disposal things haven't improved? And right now, who would you appoint instead? 

No, they really weren't

Although far more convincing in the second half, they looked threatening throughout. A very shrewd double substitution and our inability to respond, nearly claimed all three points.  

Tielemans and Maddison are two that can't last a game. 

Brighton were nothing special. They looked very poor in that first half and only looked good when we sat back. 

You can't keep blaiming injuries. We had a decent side out there today and still ended up hanging on. Brendan cost us that today by switching to a back 5 not the injuries. 

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

No. I just find the idea that football clubs have identity’s utter bollocks tbh. 😂

In my lifetime we’ve probably only ever had two teams what fit that criteria.

One of those teams, there’s been great revision about but they could equally be as passive vs the big clubs and also had a trait of bottling/late goals. But people remember the good stuff to the point the manager and players of that late 90s team are considered legends. 

I think we've had more than that. O'Neill's team, Pearson's, even under Mickey Adams we'd get at teams. 

Of course we've had spells under all of them where we've been passive but not anywhere near as much as we are now

And why ask if you think it's all utter bollocks? 

Edited by foxfanazer