Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Leicester 1-1 Brighton - Post Match Thread

Just now, foxfanazer said:

I think we've had more than that. O'Neill's team, Pearson's, even under Mickey Adams we'd get at teams. 

Of course we've had spells under all of them where we've been passive but not anywhere near as much as we are now

Yeah but Pearson and Adams were mostly in the second tier. We are perceived in the second tier as one of the biggest clubs and therefore at a distinct advantage. Whereas we aren’t in the top flight. 

Like I said O’Neills teams constantly got whacked by the likes of Man U and at places like Highbury. Would quite often just go on their holidays - his last game was a tragic 4-0 loss at Wednesday. Or bottle situations like being 3-1 up at Newcastle. 

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yeah but Pearson and Adams were mostly in the second tier. We are perceived in the second tier as one of the biggest clubs and therefore at a distinct advantage. Whereas we aren’t in the top flight. 

Like I said O’Neills teams constantly got whacked by the likes of Man U and at places like Highbury. Would quite often just go on their holidays - his last game was a tragic 4-0 loss at Wednesday. Or bottle situations like being 3-1 up at Newcastle. 

That's fair

There's no particular fear of consequences for the players.

I'm sure that's what drove the Spurs players to push all the way in midweek - they really didn't fancy the wrath of Conte. 

I'm sure it's all just a bit positive management speak nonsense from Brendan when they get back in to the dressing room.  

Edited by Milo

As we have done before we gifted the initiative to the opposition after taking the lead. Partly on the players as after the goal our performance was riddled with basic errors through giving the ball away when under no pressure time and again but mostly on the manager through his negative approach and inability to provide an environment that allowed the players to continue doing what they had done well in the game before we scored. It’s a really turgid watch at the moment because even with our injuries we should be much better and much stronger mentally 

Once Rodgers switches to 5-3-2 on 63 mins we all knew what was the next half hour would bring, an equaliser.

its got to the point it doesn’t matter what our defence is, confidence is low and we just can’t do the basics right when our backs are against the wall.

its not just the defence at fault it’s also the midfield not keeping basic possession, slowing the game down and taking the sting out the game.

the amount of times we couldn’t string 3 passes together, With loose/half hearted passes to ease pressure we’re a joke and again inviting pressure.

A draw was a fair result, but how the second half went it was mostly self inflicted.

if the players are losing confidence in Rodgers it’s going to be a patchy second half of the season regardless of Covid and Injuries.

Also Rodgers won’t walk as he is sitting pretty on a massive contract that he won’t get many other football clubs.

Could be a good reason that the Owners are not putting any money into the squad in Jan that is either 1. Once everyone returns and we are injury free the squad is more than good enough/big enough and everyone from top down know this season is a write off Or 2 A change in manager/approach next season so no point paying millions now for players that may not be wanted come the summer.

Next season is going to be a pivotal year that we either get our act together and fight for top 6 and make use of those “World Class” training facilities to give us that extra 5% or we will drop into being a mid table side that just tread water each season that is too good to get relegated but not great enough for top 6.

Im hoping for the former rather than the latter.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, adam said:

Tielemans and Maddison are two that can't last a game. 

But you said this -

34 minutes ago, adam said:

Players don't look fit which is a joke considering we have had so many games called off. 

And actually, they did last the game, Maddison in particular looking back to the level of fitness that has eluded him for most of this season.

6 minutes ago, adam said:

Brighton were nothing special. They looked very poor in that first half and only looked good when we sat back. 

Disagree, I don't think they looked very poor in the first half. We had most of the possession and we seized the attacking initiative yes and their finishing was questionable at times - but they still looked threatening on the counter. The positive double substitution almost won them the game, combined with our failure to respond tactically.

9 minutes ago, adam said:

You can't keep blaiming injuries. 

I didn't, I suggest that you read my reply to you again.

9 minutes ago, adam said:

Brendan cost us that today by switching to a back 5 not the injuries. 

Like I said, his decision to remove two players with pace that ran at their defence and then subsequently attempt to match their formation undoubtedly did - particularly since we lacked an attacking threat from the bench and knowing that this was something Brighton had. But to reiterate, without the current injuries and absences, we would have bagged all three points today. Even in the absence of these options though, I do wholly agree that the decision making from the manager was seriously flawed today and that had he not made the changes that he did, we probably would have won.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingfox said:

Not sure if I’m going off football or just in a current depressive state.

This team under Rodgers gives me no enjoyment anymore, I never feel motivated to watch us nowadays than I used to.

The constant naivety, negativity, watching this team struggle to keep hold of the ball, inviting pressure on ourselves. 

It’s a never ending cycle we can’t seem to stamp out, I apologise for the depressive post, but this is how I’ve felt for a while now.

This is exactly how I feel and have done for a while now. We are just not exciting to watch and in my 30+ years watching leicester, I've never not been bothered whether I get to watch a game or not. I always used to swap shifts at work so I could watch every game but now i don't bother as the enjoyment out of watching this team is being drained. With the quality of players  we have that shouldn't be the case. The fa Cup win was great and we've had the odd decent game here and there but the majority of our performances for over a year, have been pretty uninspiring 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Couldn’t go and had it on the radio with mini stringer. Second half sounded like they were absolutely bartering us and the goal was inevitable. Anyone know why we switched to a back 5 even though that pretty much always results in loss? 

There is no logical explanation.

2 hours ago, turlo said:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOBS

• Haha 2

People talk about confidence but you don't build confidence by talking them down in the press by saying we've peaked and then parking the bus with half an hour left against them. Is it any surprise they don't have confidence or belief? It stems from him.

The problem for me is you can get away with defending a 1 goal lead in the SPL,but do it in the PL and the oposition will bring attackers to try and get a point.If(or when) they do you are stuck with a deffensive system and then left holding on and home against teams like the top 6 ok.......but Brighton?

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

People talk about confidence but you don't build confidence by talking them down in the press by saying we've peaked and then parking the bus with half an hour left against them. Is it any surprise they don't have confidence or belief? It stems from him.

Does that mean Ranieri was wrong to aim so low at 40 points?  :rolleyes:

22 minutes ago, Milo said:

There's no particular fear of consequences for the players.

I'm sure that's what drove the Spurs players to push all the way in midweek - they really didn't fancy the wrath of Conte. 

I'm sure it's all just a bit positive management speak nonsense from Brendan when they get back in to the dressing room.  

This isn’t the 90’s, football has changed. Complete rubbish. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

We don't feel like Leicester City anymore. The FA cup win aside (which I'll always be grateful for) I feel like we've really lost our identity 

Big of you to simultaneously acknowledge and disregard a sensational achievement.  It's a struggling side decimated by injuries, sitting comfortably in mid-table.  a couple of games ago, we beat Liverpool.  Just do everyone a favour and feck off to the Etihad.  

• Haha 1